[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

You said "we", I just echoed it. You will note I was not the only one confused by your "aka" - but you can hardly expect the reader to presume what's there is the result of auto-correction.

But, even your edited version does not make complete sense - what is a "newer version of 1.02.32"? Newer version than, Shirley??

It's not a vendetta, just a process of peer review.

You said "we", I just echoed it. You will note I was not the only one confused by your "aka" - but you can hardly expect the reader to presume what's there is the result of auto-correction.

But, even your edited version does not make complete sense - what is a "newer version of 1.02.32"? Newer version than, Shirley??

It's not a vendetta, just a process of peer review.

There is an assumption there - two in fact. You can't say that latter versions of the software aren't newer unless they were never meant to be released which some would say that is the case if it hasn't been released. With my two degrees in mathematics 1.03.06 is indeed greater than 1.02.32. So it's newer unless you are in denial that this version doesn't exist and isn't suppose to run on the box. It's obvious that this version is new and it includes the latest BBC iPlayer implementation.

Now it could be a beta but it's odd that they ship it out with the boxes now if they don't really believe in it or they just have poor quality control (left and right hands not in sink), they evidently just don't want to update the customer base over air with it. Supposition true. Further that they don't want or are not bothered (could be the same) to allow their users to implement the upgrade via the Humax beta site since they don't make it available.

We should thank af123 for fishing this software out and hopefully the later release since I suspect we are not going to see any more official updates for the older HDRs unless it's deemed that the recording issue is down to Humax and not the BBC.

On auto correction I wonder why two of you had started talking about AKA until I went back to the text. Really some of you getting hot and bothered as said. That's parent talking to child in transactional analysis.

...I suspect we are not going to see any more official updates for the older HDRs unless it's deemed that the recording issue is down to Humax and not the BBC.
I think we will see an official release in the near future, regardless of the recording problem, and I expect Humax will OTA it. Barry at myhumax.org has said that there is a problem with 1.02.xx that needs fixing (at least, that's how I interpreted what he said) and 1.03.11 includes additional support for automatically fixing common disk problems, such as pending/offline sectors, which a lot of people are now experiencing as their boxes get older.

They wouldn't be putting this development effort in if they didn't intend to release it.

I'm amazed they are bothering. The HDR-FOX must be generating zero revenue now.

Really some of you getting hot and bothered as said. That's parent talking to child in transactional analysis.

Utter rubbish. Just accept your post contained an error which made it read very strangely and move on.

I think we will see an official release in the near future, regardless of the recording problem, and I expect Humax will OTA it. Barry at myhumax.org has said that there is a problem with 1.02.xx that needs fixing (at least, that's how I interpreted what he said) and 1.03.11 includes additional support for automatically fixing common disk problems, such as pending/offline sectors, which a lot of people are now experiencing as their boxes get older.

They wouldn't be putting this development effort in if they didn't intend to release it.

Thanks af123.

What crossed my mind was with the newer versions of the HDR box can Humax do an over the air update to newer boxes and leave the old ones not updated. With the reconfigured tuner you would think not which explains why the unreleased software runs on older boxes, but the older software doesn't run on the newer boxes. This could be stating the obvious. On that basis the 1.03.XX software is suppose to run on all HDRs whatever generation. Herein may be the issue which they are unsure about themselves on performance although that does beg the question of why the odd old unit slips out of Humax to customers with the new software on.

Looking forward to seeing the new custom software for 1.03.11 :). Trust you get your hands on the appropriate soon.

I agree with AF123. I just think that they are not doing many official releases for older boxes like Fox T2 HDR etc, not because they have given up with them it's just because of the fact they are concentrating so much time and resource on the youview boxes. Which from what I have seen are very slow update and sometimes operate? Humax from what I've seen in the past don't give up on tech that easily. I think they would post a message to say we have "Stopped support, for the following box etc" if they had genuinely moved on to the next generation of units.

The disk test changes in 1.03.11 will possibly save enough warranty returns over the next year or so to justify the cost..

It has been suggested that a future software update is related to portal services for the Winter Olympics. So, unless this plan changes, the update needs to be rolled out by February 6th at the latest. Surely for this to be achieved, any software update would need to be released in the next week or so?

Interestingly, Humax changed the font colour of the 'Software Release' text on some of their web pages last night. From black to light grey though...

Got a tweet back from Humax also guys! we were correct:-

Dear Martyobr, There is an update planned for the HDR-Fox T2, we will release more information in due course. Humax Digital.

Probably 1.03.11 then or greater. Good news then.

Does the box really need upgrading for the winter Olympics. There isn't an interactive HD channel any more since that got nabbed by the expansion in BBC Freeview HD channels. Let me think press the red button on HD channels does that exist since text doesn't. Perhaps this is where the speculation on the Olympics comes from since you would just need to do a retune otherwise if capacity existed. Connect TV is more the vehicle now which the Humax HDR doesn't support unless they have this up their sleeve.

BBC planned coverage is here, two red button services and six HD channels. Not too sure where they count these from. That would suggest if they count the existing five BBC HD channels then there is one more to come up on Freeview, if six is across all platforms. Wait and see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/sochi2014/

2.21 / 1.03.06

CRASH - WAIT - REBOOT IN 10, 9, 8 ..... REBOOTING - START SYSTEM (REPEAT after 48=65 seconds)
(CWRRSS)

If there is no Ethernet connection to the network then this just keeps repeating.
Adding a connection up to ~40 seconds from reboot stops the cycle of death.
Removing network connection cable after reasonable time (90 sec) and box keeps running until next SB cycle starts death cycle again

Tried
fix-flash-packages
remove all packages
RMA

revert to 1.02.32 ---> O.K.
re-install 1.03.06 CF 2.21 - No network >> CWRRSS (Full WebIF not installed and after install)

Didn't do Factory Default Reset at any time
Didn't Format HDD

RMA + Revert to 1.02.32 + Add 1.02.32/2.21
Seems O.K.

Noticed Recursive Auto-decrypt of My Video had survived all this.

Any ideas why this box hates 1.03.06/2.21 if there is no active network connection ? ? ?

Back