[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

I have now brought my 'spare' HDR - the one with the intermittent tuner issue, loader a7.34 and downgraded from 1.02.32, into main stream use.

Installed af123's 1.03.06 and CF 2.19. It is set up, package wise, exactly the same as my other two HDR's.

Don't tell SWMBO, but it is the one I use for her recordings! Hopefully it will behave, otherwise I might be seen wearing my testicles as earrings.

The tuner issue was very intermittent, as said, so I will use it as much as I can. Time will tell.

I will report back in the future.

NOTE: This box has never been 'bricked' by the downgrade of official firmware so my 'fault' might be completely unrelated to that specific problem experienced by others.

Currently running 1.03.06. Do I need to downgrade or can I just install the af123's 1.03.06 and CF 2.19 directly?

Cheers

@Andy: No, IPTV still not working with this update..

One thing I did notice last night was that scrolling the epg up/down seemed rather slow/laggy.. Anyone else confirm this?

Yes, Chris, the EPG does seem to lag a touch. I now have the HDR with 1.03.06 and one with 1.02.32 side-by-side under the TV. The one with 1.03.06 is most definitely somewhat slower at scrolling in the guide. Having said that, if you hadn't have pointed it out, I probably wouldn't have noticed!

I must say I am VERY impressed with the custom firmware and front end. I am a software developer myself and know what is involved to produce something to this standard. Humax must be over the moon to have you guys on board!

Good stuff, many thanks to everyone involved.

One thing I did notice last night was that scrolling the epg up/down seemed rather slow/laggy.. Anyone else confirm this?
It's not just the epg up/down. It is also the epg right/left. Scrolling forward 12 hours is laboriously slow. This is even more frustrating if you then check your schedule and use back because, as with previous versions but not the 9xxxTs, it doesn’t remember where you were within the epg and you have to scroll forward again.

1.03.06 has been on my box for a week now with no problems (apart from the slightly laggy EPG which I'm experiencing too - not that I use it much). Time to put it on the main firmware download page?

1.03.06 has been on my box for a week now with no problems (apart from the slightly laggy EPG which I'm experiencing too - not that I use it much). Time to put it on the main firmware download page?
It seems to be OK on my RE box.

Yep. No problems here on my GB unit. Not had a repeat of the 'channel scrambled....' message, but that was intermittent anyway. Still, looking good.

Are you guys saying that CFW 1.03.06 can be installed on an old box too? Just checking. It isn't clear from the download page.

Yes. I am running 1.03.06 on an 'older' /GB unit (not /RE). Admittedly, the box originally came with 1.03.06 loaded but I chose to downgrade to 1.02.32 at the time because a CF version was not available for 1.03.06.

No failures to report at this time. I have been trying to stress the box somewhat by dual recording and playback at the same time etc..

Very impressed with the 1.03.06 CF. What is this app store with very few items all about? Also, no web browser yet? Unlike just about every other "smart" AV bit of equipment!

Hi,

I have just updated to CFW. When i started out my system showed 1.o2.28 and loader version a7.30 update date 26.06.12. Since updating using hummy.tv, and what i thought was the correct cfw, (zippyshare_com_v_83095666_file.html) system info now shows version 1.03.06 loader version a7.30 update date 06/03/2013. It all works OK and see no difference form before i installed the cfw. I can also access the Humax via 'webif' and telnet. I do have a couple of questions though:-

Any idea why the new date shows 06/03/2013 when it was originally 2012 and i have only updated today?

Why can't i access the custom portal even though I have installed it via the 'webif' package management and it is shown as installed?

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Back