[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

I've an old GB unit with the new 1.03.06 CF 2.19 on it.
I'm finding the slow on-screen EPG so bad I'm thinking of downgrading.
Shame I like the iplayer.
Maybe Humax will get make a new one soon :hungry:

One of my HDR's with the 'old' hardware has 1.03.06 and CF 2.19 installed. It sits side by side with another HDR running 1.02.32 and CF 2.19 so I am lucky enough to be able to do a direct comparison.

I agree, the unit with 1.03.06 is a little slower scrolling through the EPG etc, but it is hardly noticeable. It is the machine that is in daily use. I am often dual recording/watching at the same time and still the EPG performs well. I would go as far to say, if I hadn't got the other unit to compare it with, I wouldn't even think there was any problem.

Perhaps there are other 'background tasks' going on to cause your slowdown?

I've noticed the EPG being very slow too - and I only use it occasionally. Interesting that there is variation though.

Just as an update:

I would like to add that since I installed the extracted 1.03.06 on my HDR (downgraded to 1.02.32 from original 1.03.06), I have not experienced any of the 'Channel is scrambled or no signal is being received...' messages I had when I downgraded my unit form 1.03.06 to 1.02.32. It was intermittent anyway, but it has been running for nearly a couple of weeks now without it happening. He says tempting fate.

The box is getting some serious use, dual recording and playback etc. and hasn't faltered.

Is it too soon to say it is OK? Perhaps so. I never really feel 100% about something that I have had problems with in the past.

SWMBO excluded!.

I agree, the unit with 1.03.06 is a little slower scrolling through the EPG etc, but it is hardly noticeable. It is the machine that is in daily use. I am often dual recording/watching at the same time and still the EPG performs well. I would go as far to say, if I hadn't got the other unit to compare it with, I wouldn't even think there was any problem.

Perhaps there are other 'background tasks' going on to cause your slowdown?
In my case I have timed scrolling right on the same hardare using 1.02.20 and 1.03.06, both without cf.
Scrolling right using the right arrow key takes 6 times as long. I had to time it over just a few days of epg coverage as the 1.03.06 times out before it advances the full coverage.
Using the repeat skip foward a few hours key took just twice as long on 1.03.06 comared to 1.02.20.

Note that it matters to me much as the 1.03.06 AD drop outs are frustrating me too much.

Is the 1.02.19 being displayed on the Web-If main page? if so you could try clearing your browser cache. you could also have a look at the Telnet Tmenu e.g.
Code:
      /-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T  M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.02.32/2.16 ]

Is the 1.02.19 being displayed on the Web-If main page? if so you could try clearing your browser cache. you could also have a look at the Telnet Tmenu e.g.
Code:
      /-------------------------\
      |  T E L N E T  M E N U  |
      \-------------------------/

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.02.32/2.16 ]

Sorry, local problem caused by duff router. Got connectivity back now!

Just flicked through the thread and the wiki but cant see a download link for the new FW
My HDR-T2 is running Humax Ver 102.32 and the latest custom FW,

Its a pretty old box. Is it safe to install the new FW and if so wheres the link for the official FW and custom FW?

Just flicked through the thread and the wiki but cant see a download link for the new FW

Its a pretty old box. Is it safe to install the new FW and if so wheres the link for the official FW and custom FW?

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

(No link for official 1.03.06 FW yet.)

It seems fine, and you can always revert later. (Just tried that, it was fine. Then reinstalled the latest and greatest.)

af123 posted an Extracted Original FW 1.03.06 if that is what you are looking for - can't see it elsewhere.

Maybe you don't need it but I thought one had to load it first before the 1.03.06 CFW.

Link if needed
Are you still in this state? I have uploaded a 1.03.06 upgrade file to http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/27267442/file.html

This is constructed from flash extracts provided by Mike Somers and The Asgard but should restore your box to official 1.03.06 or as close as makes no difference.

AF123 posted an Extracted Original FW 1.03.06 if that is what you are looking for - can't see it elsewhere.

Maybe you don't need it but I thought one had to load it first before the 1.03.06 CFW.

Link if needed

Thanks in the past I have always applied official FW then the custom FW.
Is this to be done in the same manor or just go straight for the custom FW?

The warning in the WiKi is only for users that have units supplied with 1.03.06

Correct - WARNING ........ see THIS thread.

No mention in Upgrade path what procedure should be for 1.03.06 even though CFW 1.03.06 is available for download.
Latest mention in Upgrade Path
Upgrading to Customised Firmware 2.19 based on Humax Firmware 1.02.32

May be helpful to add Upgrade path info for CF 1.03.06 and current state of knowledge ref. Old HW and New /RE HW.

As well as any appropriate warnings deemed necessary based on current state of knowledge !

Just trying to help

Back