[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

But they have not published this firmware and there's no problem on the new boxes that come with this firmware.
Seems a bit hash to complain.
I agree but then Humax have sold a lot of new and refurbished units running this software version. Barry over on myhumax.org says that there is a reason they didn't release it more generally but my feeling is that it can't be that bad otherwise they would have released an update for those boxes they sold with this version.. it's all speculation though, Barry can't tell us any more.

Ref: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-fox-t2-reboots-when-i-play-youtube-videos/page/3#post-21415

Who uses the EPG anyway when the browser is so good.

I do, and so does SWMBO. Can't say I've noticed any significant slowness in the EPG with 1.03.06. Maybe a little bit less smooth, but not something I could confidently point to and say: "There you go, it's being slow right there."

I rarely drive the Humax from the web interface for day-to-day operations, I only use it for doing stuff which actually involves the CF. (Apart from anything else, it would confuse the heck out of SWMBO.)

Can't say I've noticed any significant slowness in the EPG with 1.03.06. Maybe a little bit less smooth, but not something I could confidently point to and say: "There you go, it's being slow right there

Try holding up, down, left or right on the epg and see how slow it is. Its possible you didnt realise how quick it was in previous versions.

Try holding up, down, left or right on the epg and see how slow it is. Its possible you didnt realise how quick it was in previous versions.

Why would you want to do that, when Channel+ and Channel- move a page at a time?

Anyway, I don't have any idea how fast it was before, so can't tell if it is slower. It is now moving at about 2 channels per second, whereas Channel+/- are moving 14 channels a second.

The Web EPG was received in 3 seconds and rendered in 9 seconds.

I didn't check the previous version, but with -3 my HDR3 (hostname="HDRFOX3") the hostname field on the settings page is preset to "humax".

Yes, mine are also "humax" with webif 1.0.7-3, but another box still running 1.0.7-2 has the correct modified hostname on the settings page.

ChrisDaniels - interesting as we get the annoyingly slow EPG movement too... did that retain the recordings, just not settings and schedule as never needed to do a factory reset on the Humax?

Factory reset saves recorded content, but otherwise returns the system config to "as delivered" - so it starts with a retune and all your menu settings will need to be re-established (worth checking what they are before you do the reset). The CF will preserve your schedule.

Another point to note is that beforehand, the boot screen has always shown a slight green bleed on the very far right & very bottom. Almost like the image was not quite full 1080.
After a Factory Reset on this f/w, that is now gone.

That has been there since day 1 of me owning this box :confused:

Is it time to add Upgrading to Customised Firmware 2.19 based on Humax Firmware 1.03.06 to the WiKi Upgrade path page HERE ? I think there will be new interest in 1.03.06 now that a new Custom Firmware TV portal is available and there is an improved I-Player available as well

Thought I'd let you all know, I've done a factory reset on my box and the epg lag has gone away.. For now at least ;-)
This worked for me too, the EPG lag has gone :). I was about to jump back to 1.02.32 as the delay made the EPG unusable, it's very hard to say if it's as fast as it was previously, but if it there is a difference it is now very small - Thanks for the tip

Yes, mine is still fine too. I can only think that the epg file must have become slightly corrupt which would explain the lag..

Back