[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

I've had a box completely locked up once, on 1.03.12/2.22 a few weeks ago. I'd never seen it before in several years of use, so I was quite worried.

I had a weird episode myself last night. Watching a recording, it suddenly froze, the LCD on the box froze, the screen then went black and my TV reported the "mode was not supported".

Had to do a hard reboot.

After all that, am I the only one now not suffering any problems?:confused:

Can I suggest:

* Remove all custom packages
* Shut down
* Install latest stock firmware
* Install custom firmware 3.0
* Do a factory default reset. (Not wiping the hard disk.)

It worked for me.

Just had my weird mode not supported lock up again..

Suggests to me that all is not well with this firmware..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had my weird mode not supported lock up again..

I often get that, with the T2, Freesat HDR and Youview T2110. Switching the box connected to the Hummy (in my case, AV Amp) off and on always clears it. Sometimes I get a dancing, psychedelic picture on the TV as well. (I blame Owen Smith for that.)

Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

After all that, am I the only one now not suffering any problems?:confused:

Can I suggest:

* Remove all custom packages

How about removing one package at a time to see if there is a problem. I don't use custom portal or rs package . I have WiFi connection and so far, touch wood, no crashes. Could it be either of these packages?

I often get that, with the T2, Freesat HDR and Youview T2110. Switching the box connected to the Hummy (in my case, AV Amp) off and on always clears it. Sometimes I get a dancing, psychedelic picture on the TV as well. (I blame Owen Smith for that.)

I've not had that error in the 3/4 years of owning this box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just returned from a couple of days away and found my box in the blue ring half-awake state.

My first thought was that it was about to record a programme I recalled setting it to record. When I took the box out of standby I found that the programme had started but it was not recording. Further investigation showed that I couldn't see the media on on box as I reported above. A simple power cycle rectified the situation. I have not yet been able to work out what else has not recorded.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause the Humax to fail to see the media folder? Last time fix-disk found nothing amiss.

I am about to reflash to the previous version to see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update.

Just reverted to cf 2.23 and tested going into standby, then out of standby, then checking media.

Out of eight cycles, numbers 5 and 8 both failed to show any media. I.e. Media button just sent a small ripple down the screen (I think this rules out a faulty remote). I think it almost certainly rules out version 3 of the custom firmware as well. Unless flashing over the top is not sufficient.

Frankly I don't know what to think now. Surely an HDD problem would fail 100% of the time?

If I reflash to v3 with the improved HDD diagnostics, which options and perameters would you suggest I run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. I've seen some weird stuff - usually as the precursor to unreliability (even after fixing) and failure.

And equally my parents HDR Fox T2 has more bad sectors found every time I run a disc test and yet the box works fine. And the reallocated sector count in the SMART data doesn't go up, it stays at 1218. Weird.

After reverting to stock firmware, reinstalling ver 3.00 cf and a factory reset., it has been working ok, and the media visible every time out of 25 test cycles.

Then earlier, it lost sight of the media and the custom firmware. After several reinstalls, I have got it working and am running fix-disk (option 1) -c -x.

Does "/dev/sda1: ***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****" mean that an error has been detected and fixed?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back