[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

Once again, af123, thank you very much for all you do. You must spend hours and hours doing this. I have heard of the term 'golf widow' but your wife must feel like a 'Humax widow'.

Thanks very much.

Another donation made as a token of my appreciation.

Hi just trying to download the new CF for my HDfox not sure which is the right one
below is the info about the box, have found the right one for my HDRfox no probs and about ot install
Web interface version: 1.0.15-5 (Lighttpd)
Custom firmware version: 2.21 (build 1897)
Humax Version: 1.02.29 (kernel HD_1.02.28)
Cheers Andy

Just installed Ver 3 to HDR all went as sweet as a nut.
Thanks again for all your hard work
Andy
PS I'm not using WIFI

You want 1.02.31/ CFW 3.00. The 'older' version (1.02.20/ CFW 3.00) is there because there is a bug related to audio description in versions after 1.02.20. 1.02.31 is similar to your current version (1.02.29), but has some tuning improvements.

You want 1.02.31/ CFW 3.00. The 'older' version (1.02.20/ CFW 3.00) is there because there is a bug related to audio description in versions after 1.02.20. 1.02.31 is similar to your current version (1.02.29), but has some tuning improvements.
Thanks downloading now

Hi again
I cant remember for the life of me how to install the CF on HDfox, do I have both the USB stick and the HDD plugged into a USB extender at the same time or just the USB stick
on its own (bearing in mind the CF is installed on the HDD)
I've tried both at the same time and the HDfox just boots up normally.
Thanks for any help
Andy

You have to hold the on/ off button in until it starts to load. No other USB device should be connected at the same time, just the USB stick with the update file. Best to not to use an extension cable or splitter, it doesn't always work if you do.

You have to hold the on/ off button in until it starts to load. No other USB device should be connected at the same time, just the USB stick with the update file. Best to not to use an extension cable or splitter, it doesn't always work if you do.
Thanks for that,
just managed to do it as you have suggested and your right extension cable does not work,
the confusion I had was that I thought the software was istalled on the HDD thats why I left it connected (DOOH)
thanks again
Andy

It's still crashing here. I tried the early release and then the new build and both are unreliable. Also, I am not using WiFi.

First build crashed 5 times in less than a day.
Second build crashed three times, including once overnight and once today when I was browsing media.:(

I have reverted to the previous stable firmware.

This my not be significant, but I had a crash yesterday.

I had just copied all my saved firmware versions onto I new memory stick, with v3.00 (second build) in the root, and plugged it into HDR1 to check for compatibility.

It flashed the HDR in about a tenth of the time of the old USB.

On starting it up for the first time it crashed after a few minutes with a restart countdown on the front display. Is this a new feature?

It has been OK for the last 30 hours or so. I had already
installed version 3.00 a few days previously?

I am not using wifi?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I am very surprised you got 30 hours out of it. Was the power off? :p

I have no idea how many users have installed CF v3.00, but I have been using it on both my active HDRs since it's release, build 2130 then latterly 2137, without issues. Not using WiFi, never have.

I have said before, you can't demonstrate the absence of a bug with a case that does work. You can demonstrate the presence of a bug with a case that doesn't work.

Have you checked your crash log, by the way?

The standard crash log just records the event.

I recall seeing something on here about a detailed log as a recent development, but I can't find the reference.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Back