[CFW 3.00] Customised Firmware version 3.00 released.

I have said before, you can't demonstrate a bug with a case that works. You need a case where it doesn't work, Wallace.

Have you checked your crash log, by the way?

I have crashdiag installed on both machines and have done since it was issued. The crash.log on both the HDRs is empty at zero bytes..

My HDR froze (while running dustbin/empty diagnostic but I am not sure that is relevant) and I needed to power cycle.

When it came back up, I was not able to connect via webif or see any of my recordings. I was able to access via Telnet and ran fix-disk (without any options). The process paused several times, but eventually finished.

On reboot, I could still not see my media.

Before coming here for help and advice, I reflashed CF3.00. All now seems to be functioning normally.

I am not sure if this indicates a HDD problem or some other issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea how many users have installed CF v3.00,
934 that also use RS, so likely well over 1000. I'm keen to see any problem reports and try to resolve them but the vast majority of people seem fine with the latest build.

Not sure what is happening now, but on HDR1 webif is showing Edge of Darkness as playing. It in fact recording - in standby, so I know it isn't chase play. I did notice earlier while copying recordings to an external HDD that the status showed playing for both the source and target files. It used to show the target as recording.

HDR2, which is set up almost identically, shows status as recording as expected.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I've updated my 1TB HDR Fox T2 / RE (with vertical aerial sockets) from 1.03.06 CF 2.21 to 1.03.12 CF 3.00. It seems to be working fine still. It's on WiFi using a Humax dongle.

07-07-2014 13-41-19.png
The settings page is suffering from truncated on/off iPhone style checkbox buttons. The ones in General Settings look OK, but the rest are squashed. This may be the WebIf update rather than CF.

I've also just received a Grade A 500MB HDR Fox T2 / GB (with horizontal aerial sockets) and updated from 1.03.11 to 1.03.12 CF 3.00. This has WiFi, but using the TP-LINK Nano so it looks like a wired connection.
This is showing some picture break-up, but I'm suspecting the signal from the wall socket or cable initially.
This box is displaying the status errors that @4ndy mentioned above.
07-07-2014 22-43-47.png
The box is in standby, recording two programmes and playing nothing. TV Diary is reporting the status correctly.
It's got the same iPhone checkbox button squashing.

martxw, I'm not able to view your attached files for some reason i.e. :-
hummy.tv - Error
The requested attachment could not be found.
EDIT
Ah they are there now

Now recording two programmes in standby. The status is showing this correctly, but redring is red not purple.

I ran the fix flash packages diagnostic and rebooted directly after re-flashing earlier.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks. As I have not had any problems, I didn't see the need to go 'digging'. However, I will check after work tonight.

I'm keen to see any problem reports and try to resolve them

Given that I re-installed the official firmware and then the previous custom firmware, will anything be left behind for me to send you? Do you need to know what packages I had installed? Anything else I can do?

I just turned it on (old f/w) and it had crashed twice yesterday and now just crashed again. This was not happening before I installed the v3.0 f/w so I am interested to know what has happened.

I think the false playing statuses that some people are seeing are due to me removing a delay from the status code. The delay was removed for installations which also have redring as the latter provides helper files which allow me to easily check if an open file is being used for recording or not. However, without the delay you're seeing transient files which the Humax software has opened for DLNA indexing or background thumbnail generation. I'll fix it in the next release.

The truncated buttons will also be fixed. These are web interface problems and not related to CFW 3.00

I just turned it on (old f/w) and it had crashed twice yesterday and now just crashed again. This was not happening before I installed the v3.0 f/w so I am interested to know what has happened.
What kernel are you running? (webif main screen will tell you). If it's still the custom one then you need to install official 1.02.32 to replace it. Otherwise there should be nothing left from CFW3.00 - I'd try a disk check and resetting the DLNA database as problems in either can cause crashes (which is nothing to do with CFW).

I'm currently running 1.03.12/2.23 and I'm thinking of going back to 1.02.32 to get the more responsive EPG back, would I be able to simply apply the 1.02.32/3.00 update, or do I need to do anything else in order to downgrade?

What kernel are you running? (webif main screen will tell you). If it's still the custom one then you need to install official 1.02.32 to replace it. Otherwise there should be nothing left from CFW3.00 - I'd try a disk check and resetting the DLNA database as problems in either can cause crashes (which is nothing to do with CFW).

Web interface version: 1.0.15-7
Custom firmware version: 2.23 (build 2035)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)
Serial Number: 63 7104944 00251

I did install the official firmware, followed by the previous custom firmware, 2.23. It has just crashed again, twice, shortly after I switched it on to check the above. After restarting, it goes into standby. I may have a proper crash dump for you this time, though.

Edit: Crashed again before I could get in!

Here is one of the crash dumps, attached.

Whoops, too big, can't upload it!

I'm currently running 1.03.12/2.23 and I'm thinking of going back to 1.02.32 to get the more responsive EPG back, would I be able to simply apply the 1.02.32/3.00 update, or do I need to do anything else in order to downgrade?
Not any more, just stick 1.02.32/3.00 over the top.

After a reversion to stock firmware yet again, followed by a straight conversion to 3.0, my box ran this pm without crashing. I think it is OK now.

Got home tonight and found box completely locked up. This happens very rarely, especially as it's only a handful of days since it was flashed...

I get this from time to time, I don't think it can be blamed on any particular version of custom firmware.

Back