Changing Channel Numbers After Retune

Because it's the same region. The problems come when it's a different one.
... but for me, and my hummy, it isn't :o_O: ... so no problems ... I know this package is "one of your babies", and I don't want to go disrespecting it, or you, when you've been so helpful to me ... but I'll respectfully point out that as far as I can see from that thread over there ...
Tunefix is a new package which is designed to fix up the channel list following a retune.
... the tunefix package has been available for nearly 5 years now, and the channeldel and renumber packages were available for some time before that ... and until a couple of weeks ago I've not felt the need to install or use any of them :o_O: ... I don't want to come across as ungrateful, I am REALLY thankful for the help I've had, digging me out of the hole I found myself in a couple of weeks ago ... but now I'm back to the state I was in before things started going wrong :thumbsup:

How hard can it be (as Jezza used to say)? It's editing one line in to a file.
... hmmm, well yes ... but so far you've given me instructions to add two lines into two different files ...

SIMMUX|1 ... into /mod/boot/tunefix.conf and ...

REMOVEMUX|12330|32|12330|50 ... into /mod/boot/tunefix-update.conf

... two edits which use otherwise "undocumented features" of these packages ... you do realise that, apart from you telling me to add those statements into those files in this thread above, the effects of the SIMMUX and REMOVEMUX entries in those files are not documented anywhere else?? :o_O: ... as I've tried to explain, I've delved deeper than I naturally wanted to delve, but now I've extricated myself ... and if/when I choose to "dip my toe" again into this area, I know I'll be starting from a clean slate :thumbsup:

Cheers, PhilB

You won't need that any more now you have fixed the aerial

Nor that.

Meanwhile, tunefix-update will make the upcoming retune unnecessary, and tunefix makes it easy to permanently remove the clutter of unwanted shopping channels etc (without them coming back).

You won't need that any more now you have fixed the aerial

Nor that.
... hmmm, that's as may be :o_O: ... but, to once again quote the sage advice I was given earlier on in the thread ...
Fair enough, but that's not exactly what prpr said and only he knows for sure what's going on behind the scenes.
... just saying :whistling:

As it happens, by uninstalling tunefix and tunefix-update I have effectively removed those entries from those files (in fact, not just effectively, because I've deleted the files too) ;)

Cheers, Phil

As it happens, by uninstalling tunefix and tunefix-update I have effectively removed those entries from those files (in fact, not just effectively, because I've deleted the files too)
I hope you've washed the inside of your Humax out with soap and water for 20 seconds, whilst singing Happy Birthday twice (and it's not even my birthday).

Back