Channel 5 HD

If my suspicions from what has been said above are true, then the instructions need changing again to "This also requires BBC ONE HD to be tuned already on LCN 101"
I'm ahead of you. Just re-do what it says in #1 again. You don't (shouldn't!) need to renumber anything or fiddle about with anything else.

OK, I'll do that in a mo and report back.
Yes! Worked a treat.
Now for another stupid question. Can I move it to LCN 8 using tunefix without problems?

Another funny. On my box EPG I have two LCN 7s listed, BBC3 HD and BBC3 (SD), neither of which have content. On the Webif EPG I don't have a LCN7 at all. My tunefix is set to move BBC Three HD to LCN 7 and BBC Three to 107. BBC does not show up on the webif LCN107 either. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Can I move it to LCN 8 using tunefix without problems?
I see no reason why not.
Another funny. On my box EPG I have two LCN 7s listed, BBC3 HD and BBC3 (SD), neither of which have content. On the Webif EPG I don't have a LCN7 at all. My tunefix is set to move BBC Three HD to LCN 7 and BBC Three to 107. BBC does not show up on the webif LCN107 either. Any ideas?
I don't think you can't swap services like this using Tunefix. In any case, BBC Three is defunct (where have you been???) so you should delete them.

Right then. Deleted the two errant BBC3s from LCN7 on the T2. Tried moving 105 to 7 with tunefix. Failed to put 105 at 7, lost 105 off webif EPG, but still at 105 and fully working on the T2 EPG. Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if ch5 films are broadcast with dolby surround?
Do you mean dolby surround or 5.1 surround?
On feeview it won't be Dolby surround even if it is true non-mixed-up on satellite. The HDR-FOX T2 converts 5.1 AAC to AC-3 on output which may falsely give the impression that some freeview programmes are broadcast in dolby surround.

I recorded part of the Channel 5 HD film (Jesse Stone_ Stone Cold) this afternoon to see what it was in. This is from a 10 sec extract 6 minutes in:
Code:
General
ID  : 16515 (0x4083)
Format  : BDAV
Format/Info  : Blu-ray Video
File size  : 13.6 MiB
Duration  : 10s 80ms
Overall bit rate mode  : Variable
Overall bit rate  : 11.1 Mbps

Audio
ID  : 6402 (0x1902)
Menu ID  : 17728 (0x4540)
Format  : AAC
Format/Info  : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile  : LC
Muxing mode  : LATM
Codec ID  : 17
Duration  : 9s 898ms
Bit rate mode  : Variable
Channel(s)  : 2 channels
Channel positions  : Front: L R
Sampling rate  : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate  : 46.875 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode  : Lossy
Delay relative to video  : -328ms
Language  : English
descriptor_tag_extension  : 6

Video
ID  : 6401 (0x1901)
Format  : AVC
Format/Info  : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile  : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC  : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames  : 4 frames
Codec ID  : 27
Duration  : 9s 240ms
Width  : 1 920 pixels
Height  : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio  : 16:9
Frame rate  : 25.000 fps
Standard  : Component
Color space  : YUV
Chroma subsampling  : 4:2:0
Bit depth  : 8 bits
Scan type  : Progressive
Color range  : Limited
Color primaries  : BT.709
Transfer characteristics  : BT.709
Matrix coefficients  : BT.709

Text
ID  : 6405 (0x1905)
Format  : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID  : 6
Duration  : 5s 0ms
Delay relative to video  : 4s 832ms
Language  : English

Menu
ID  : 6400 (0x1900)
Duration  : 10s 80ms
List  : 6401 (0x1901) (AVC) / 6402 (0x1902) (AAC, English) / 6406 (0x1906) (AAC) / 6405 (0x1905) (DVB Subtitle, English)
Language  :  / English /  / English
I've set a few other C5 HD films to record over the next week but I couldn't see anything that really stood out as good 5.1 materiel.

Last edited:
Right then. Deleted the two errant BBC3s from LCN7 on the T2. Tried moving 105 to 7 with tunefix. Failed to put 105 at 7, lost 105 off webif EPG, but still at 105 and fully working on the T2 EPG. Any thoughts?
Difficult to say. Would need to see /tmp/xinit.log and /var/lib/humaxtv/mod/tunefix.conf

Here you go
Code:
xinit.log

[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/ahw]
AHW: Already done.
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/custom-portal]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/dbupdate]
SQLite3: 3.7.5
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_dustbin]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_fan]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_ir3]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_redring]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/poc]
POC: LCN 1, VOL -1, FAV -1
Setting channel to 1
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/rsvsync]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/tunefix]
Tunefix V1.3.0 (c) 2015-2016 prpr
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/xnewk]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/xota]
SQLite3: 3.7.5
Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
XOTA: Removing any auto-update scheduled events.
XOTA: Removed 0
Found 1 existing OTA reminders.
Reminder already set.
Code:
REGION:South East
LCN:201-299,790-799,171-184,712-732
FORCE:1:BBC ONE HD
FORCE:2:BBC TWO HD
FORCE:3:ITV HD
FORCE:4:Channel 4 HD
NAME:The Space
NAME:Christian
NAME:CONNECT*
NAME:VISION*
NAME:GOD TV
NAME:SONY SAB
NAME:CCTV
NAME:Sports
NAME:Racing TV
NAME:QVC Beauty
NAME:Rocks & Co 1
NAME:Food Network
NAME:Travel Channel
NAME:Jewellery Maker
NAME:Al Jazeera Eng
NAME:RT
NAME:ADULT smileTV2
NAME:ADULT Babestn
NAME:ADULT Section
NAME:1-2-1 Dating
NAME:Racing UK
NAME:BBC Radio 1
NAME:BBC R1X
NAME:BBC Radio 2
NAME:BBC Radio 3
NAME:BBC Radio 4
NAME:BBC R5L
NAME:BBC R5SX
NAME:BBC 6 Music
NAME:BBC Radio 4 Ex
NAME:BBC Asian Net.
NAME:BBC World Sv.
NAME:The Hits Radio
NAME:heat
NAME:Smooth Radio
NAME:BBC Kent
NAME:premier Radio
I see no force of 105 to 1?????

Redone the tunefix settings. Now have:
FORCE:7:Channel 5 HD
in the .conf, but still no CH5 at LCN7 or 105 in webif EPG after reboot, Can't check on the box for a mo as HWMBO is watching EE.

Last edited:
I'm guessing mihaid's question meant to say will they broadcast 5.1 channels rather than just two
If I had to guess that would also be my guess but if mihaid's question was really about dolby 5.1 surround my answer would have looked a bit weird - thus my question to mihaid.

Last edited:
I see no force of 105 to 1?????
1 ? I thought you wanted it on 7, or was it 8? You mentioned all of them now. Anyway, lack of that line will be (one reason) why it didn't work!
FORCE:7:Channel 5 HD
in the .conf, but still no CH5 at LCN7 or 105 in webif EPG after reboot
You won't see it in the WebIf EPG because there is NO EPG INFO. BEING TRANSMITTED yet. I thought this had been made clear by at least 2 of us?
It should be there if you press 7 on the remote or bring up the channel list.

I've set a few other C5 HD films to record over the next week but I couldn't see anything that really stood out as good 5.1 materiel.
Channel 5 (Channel5 HD) films seem to be a bit sparse at the moment, here are 5 currently in the EPG:-
C5-HD-Films.jpg
BTW
I have found an easy way to schedule a Channel5 HD recording, select the programme from EPG (Channel 5) and then edit the schedule to replace Channel 5 with Channel 105
IMG_5942s.png

Last edited:
Seeing as we are now into shouting. I KNOW THERE'S NO BLOODY EPG DATA BEING TRANSMITTED.
I have known that all along, but on my T2 I have an EPG entry at LCN105 that indicates fairly strongly that something's there as it clearly says Channel 5HD, but there is no EPG data and I know there won't be because NO EPG data is being transmitted. If I select LCN7 I have now found that I do indeed now get CH5HD and I also get it on 105. There is no LCN 7 showing on the T2 at all. Having moved CH5HD from 105 to 7, is it unreasonable to assume that this would also appear on the T2 and the webif EPG as I assumed that the webif EPG was just a copy of the T2 EPG? It is obviously my lack of understanding of WTF is really going on that's lacking. So what's going on? Why can't I get my head round it?

Seeing as we are now into shouting. I KNOW THERE'S NO BLOODY EPG DATA BEING TRANSMITTED.
I have known that all along, but on my T2 I have an EPG entry at LCN105 that indicates fairly strongly that something's there as it clearly says Channel 5HD, but there is no EPG data and I know there won't be because NO EPG data is being transmitted. If I select LCN7 I have now found that I do indeed now get CH5HD and I also get it on 105. There is no LCN 7 showing on the T2 at all. Having moved CH5HD from 105 to 7, is it unreasonable to assume that this would also appear on the T2 and the webif EPG as I assumed that the webif EPG was just a copy of the T2 EPG? It is obviously my lack of understanding of WTF is really going on that's lacking. So what's going on? Why can't I get my head round it?
You seem to make conflicting statements all the time. I don't know how many times you've been told this now - you will not see any EPG information in the WebIf for C5HD. If 7 and/or 105 show up at all it is probably because of legacy stuff from BBC3. I suggest you clear out the EPG cached data from maintenance mode.
I don't know what you don't understand and I'm now fed up with trying...

edit how? You mean directly edit the DB?
No, using the Remote control, having scheduled the programme on C5, Guide >> Schedule >> Highlight C5 entry, OK, Channel >> Right Arrow >> Highlight 105 >> OK to select and OK to save

Last edited:
No, using the Remote control, having scheduled the programme on C5, Guide >> Schedule >> Highlight C5 entry, OK, Channel >> Right Arrow >> Highlight 105 >> OK to select and OK to save
...which converts it to a manual timer recording with no AR or auto-padding applied, and will not track any re-scheduling. However, with no EPG data, you might be no worse off.

Correct. The EPG on the T2 now reads 6, ITV2 with data; 7, Channel 5HD, no data; 9, BBC 4, with data..... 104 Channel4; 120 CBBC. But that contradicts the previous post because it was not like that when I posted last night. It is now how I would expect it to be, so obviously the overnight boot sorted it, whereas my 'manual' boot from the webif last night didn't show Ch5 HD as moved from 105 to 7.
The current webif EPG does not show either LCN 7 or 105. As you keep telling me it won't.

The bit that I don't understand is why it shows,apparently correctly and as I would expect, on the box EPG but not on the webif EPG. I assumed that the webif EPG was just a copy of the box EPG, but obviously it isn't. So where does the webif get the EPG data? Please don't just repeat that there is no transmitted EPG data for CH5HD as I know that.

There is no contradiction in the post that you quoted. My main contradiction, and the only one I could find, was between LCN7 and LCN8. I originally said move to LCN8 because I was a bit forgetful and it seemed like BBC3 was on LCN7, because that's what my T2 EPG said. As I said previously, I got rid of the two LCN7 entries from the box EPG by deleting them and then setting move 105 to 7 in tunefix. I obviously failed to press 'Save Settings' the first time I did this, as the move was not showing in the tunefix.conf file.

PS. What actually triggers tunefix, as the manual reboot from the webif didn't seem to trigger it, but something overnight did?

Last edited:
Back