Channel 5 HD

I have just noticed that the webif channel icon has disappeared, possibly due to the channel name changing from 'Channel 5 HD' to 'Channel 5HD'. Will this be fixed by an update to the webif-channelicons package?

possibly due to the channel name changing
Definitely. I was just about to post about this. I've renamed my icon and it's working again.
There seems to be an awful lot of duplication in webif-channelicons, what with /out and /x directories and _chanlist and _chanlist.t2 files. I wonder if this is really correct af123?

But... really stupid decision on Channel 5's part. It looks ugly too next to "Channel 4 HD".

Another minor problem. I updated all packages, altered tunefix tro put CH5 on LCN5 then did a retune. Schedule re-instated OK, The HD versions of BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4 and CH5 have gone as expected to LCNs 1 - 5 but the SD versions are not at 101 etc.
Q1 Is this what should happen? I have not specifically set tunefix to move the SD versions there as I feel that I read somewhere here that they were swapped with the HD versions. I did implicitly move them on my previous tunefix setup, but deleted them from the latest.
Q2 Will I have to set tunefix to move them to LCN 100 etc. and if so, will I then need another retune/boot?

I have also lost all my HD channels on one of my aerials, but it's OK on the other. But that's a different story as I have the HD channels tuned using my 'backup' aerial.

There seems to be an awful lot of duplication in webif-channelicons, what with /out and /x directories and _chanlist and _chanlist.t2 files. I wonder if this is really correct af123?.
Yes. x/ contains the master image files and out/ contains symlinks to those. The symlinks are auto-generated on the RS server based on the channels that people have on their boxes. _chanlist.t2 is the list of unique channels from T2 users. I've just refreshed the package which has resulted in both '5 HD' and '5HD' links being created in out/.

I might have missed something here...

I have 'had' CH 5HD since prpr was kind enough to inform us how to receive it. No issues. EPG has appeared today as well. But why doesn't CH 5HD (105) show in the RS EPG? It does in the WebIF.

Another minor problem. I updated all packages, altered tunefix tro put CH5 on LCN5 then did a retune. Schedule re-instated OK, The HD versions of BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4 and CH5 have gone as expected to LCNs 1 - 5 but the SD versions are not at 101 etc.
Q1 Is this what should happen?
Yes. The HD versions overwrite the SD versions (if that's what you tell it to do!). You then don't have any SD versions so you can't move them.
I have not specifically set tunefix to move the SD versions there as I feel that I read somewhere here that they were swapped with the HD versions.
I don't know where you read that. I think I mentioned a day or two ago that it couldn't (currently) do this.
I did implicitly move them on my previous tunefix setup, but deleted them from the latest.
I don't know what you mean.

Yes. The HD versions overwrite the SD versions (if that's what you tell it to do!). You then don't have any SD versions so you can't move them.
Previous to yesterday, I had BBC1 HD on LCN1 and BBC1 SD on LCN101 etc. The 'rules' that I had in tunefix were
Put channel BBC ONE HD on 1
Put channel BBC TWO HD on 2
Put channel ITV HD on 3
Put channel Channel 4 HD on 4
Put channel BBC ONE on 101
Put channel BBC TWO on 102
Etc. and that's what I mean by "I did implicitly move them on my previous tunefix setup," A
Now I have
Put channel BBC ONE HD on 1
Put channel BBC TWO HD on 2
Put channel ITV HD on 3
Put channel Channel 4 HD on 4
Put channel Channel 5 HD on 5
That's what I mean by "but deleted them from the latest." I have no longer specified putting the SD versions to 101 etc.
I don't know where you read that. I think I mentioned a day or two ago that it couldn't (currently) do this
Nor do I, it was quite a long time ago, months even and as 1f123 said, it might have been about renumber package, but I no longer have that installed.
So how about answering my Q2 so that I can still get the SD versions. I want the SD versions on 101 etc. Will I have to set tunefix to move them (BBC1 SD etc.) to LCN 101 etc. and if so, will I then need another retune/boot? The reason that I still want the SD versions is indicated by my last paragraph in Post#66. I sometimes lose all HD channels.

Renumber is possibly the solution for now. Just because you no longer have it installed doesn't necessarily mean it is no longer working...
The contents of the /var/lib/humaxtv/reorder.db file dictates what happens. It is written by renumber, read by rsvsync and never (as far as I can tell) deleted. I really dislike this behaviour.

Anyway, renumber runs before tunefix, so it should swap things round.

The other possibility if renumber really has been deactivated and you don't want it back is to create a 3 way move with tunefix:
1 to 501
101 to 1
501 to 101
and so on. I haven't tested it but I think it ought to work.

You'll need to retune to get your SD versions back I'm afraid. And yes, you always need a restart to activate renumber/tunefix.

Thanks prpr. I'll have a poke around your ideas in renumber, and see if I can see if there is any debris left from that.
Thanks for the last para. I suspected that a retune was needed, but now absolutely confirmed, I will have another look at renumber, but I'm certain that I removed it as there were some suggestions that a later version of tunefix made renumber redundant. But I'm probably dreaming that I read that as well:frantic:
But I've got a car to wash and a couple of aerials to have a look at this afternoon already.

Well. Updated all packages. Reinstalled renumber and set up to swap 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and did the same in tunefix (I don't know why I did both). Rebooted, all channels now are as I want them with HD and SD swapped and schedule re-instated.
Thanks for the pointers prpr and af123 for reminding me about renumber.

Renumber is possibly the solution for now. Just because you no longer have it installed doesn't necessarily mean it is no longer working...
The contents of the /var/lib/humaxtv/reorder.db file dictates what happens. It is written by renumber, read by rsvsync and never (as far as I can tell) deleted. I really dislike this behaviour.
Me too. I've split the functionality out of rsvsync into separate binaries that are installed and removed by their respective packages. The plugin and database are now also called renumber for consistency.

I have recorded several programmes on Channel 5 HD (CH105) manually, but when I tried selecting something from the new EPG (The Secret Life of Puppies) I got a 'Failed to Track', did anyone record this from the EPG?

I have recorded several programmes on Channel 5 HD (CH105) manually, but when I tried selecting something from the new EPG (The Secret Life of Puppies) I got a 'Failed to Track', did anyone record this from the EPG?

Yup, mine looks OK in WebIF, and plays fine, too.

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 2.11.15 am.png

I had not previously set up 5HD manually.

Back