Channel 5 HD

Could someone please write a package to replace Channel 5HD with BBC Four HD, but keep the Channel 5HD name in the EPG etc. This would massively improve the programme quality. I don't imagine BBC Four broadcasting 'I've got 27 kids and I'm on benefits', unless it were in Danish with subtitles, of course.

I had the same. I did a manual tune first then sorted it by what I posted in post #77. After the reboot, it was all sorted and the schedule re-instated.

Could someone please write a package to replace Channel 5HD with BBC Four HD, but keep the Channel 5HD name in the EPG etc. This would massively improve the programme quality. I don't imagine BBC Four broadcasting 'I've got 27 kids and I'm on benefits', unless it were in Danish with subtitles, of course.
Yeah, I was wondering what the point of 5HD is... I don't think I need to see The Gadget Show in fine detail (not now Suzie isn't on it)!

Yeah, I was wondering what the point of 5HD is... I don't think I need to see The Gadget Show in fine detail (not now Suzie isn't on it)!

Even if I didn't appreciate the sharper picture on the few things we record off 5, the apparently better behaved subtitles on HD is a big advantage.

Renumber is possibly the solution for now.

The other possibility if renumber really has been deactivated and you don't want it back is to create a 3 way move with tunefix:
1 to 501
101 to 1
501 to 101
and so on.
Neither of these is now necessary. The latest Tunefix can swap channels without any further ado.

there were some suggestions that a later version of tunefix made renumber redundant. But I'm probably dreaming that I read that as well:frantic:
You were probably thinking of Channeldel which Tunefix makes redundant.

Yeah, probably. At my age I find it difficult to remember what I came upstairs for, let alone something that was said several months ago.;) What were we talking about again???:D

Yeah, probably. At my age I find it difficult to remember what I came upstairs for, let alone something that was said several months ago.;) What were we talking about again???:D

I bet you don't forget your free TV licence though. ;)

Well my first test recording was a dud: Reservoir Dogs was broadcast framed in Academy ratio whereas the film was originally 2.39:1!

I have recorded several programmes on Channel 5 HD (CH105) manually, but when I tried selecting something from the new EPG (The Secret Life of Puppies) I got a 'Failed to Track', did anyone record this from the EPG?
I've got this problem as well (on other programmes!) Did we find a reason, or better yet a solution?

I've got 2 HDR-FOX T2s set to record from the EPG for the 22:00 programme this evening. One is recording and the other is not. The same programme was also set for CH5 HD on a couple of other non-HDR-FOXs.

• The 1.2.20/3.03 I added CH5 HD manually using the script via telent but then later retuned the BBC B HD mux anyway. This one is recording.
  • The 1.3.12/3.03 I added CH5 HD manually using the script via telent. This one is not recording. Just in case not all muxes are carrying the relevant metadata I changed channels to CH5 HD and it remains not recording.
  • A vestel which was in standby is recording it fine despite it tuning itself to a mix of transmitters even for channels within the same mux (as insisted by d-book 8 under some circumstances).
  • A Humax Youview DTR-T2100 was in standby and is recording fine.

Police Interceptors and Gotham have both recorded successfully from 5HD. They were both converted from a 5SD schedule using the conflict page (I cannot remember whether I used RS or WebIf).

Back