Channel 5 HD

prpr

I've managed to add this to my HDR and HD boxes, and without doing a retune (which probably wouldn't work anyway)!
Paste the following at a command line prompt:
Code:
/etc/init.d/S90settop shut
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
delete from tbl_svc where uslcn=105;
insert into tbl_svc values((select seq from sqlite_sequence where name='TBL_SVC')+1,
105,x'154368616e6e656c2035204844',17728,1,2,1,2,7,6400,6401,6402,6401,8192,0,1,0,2,0,0,
255,0,0,8192,0,0,0,8192,0,0,9018,0,0,0,1,1,0,1,4294967295,16,1,2,0,'www.five.tv',
50332417,255,0,'','');
update tbl_svc
set stregioninfo=(select stregioninfo from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC ONE HD'),
tsidx=(select tsidx from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC ONE HD'),
ustsid=(select ustsid from tbl_svc where szsvcname like '_BBC ONE HD')
where uslcn=105;
update tbl_svc set hsvc=((select tsidx from tbl_svc where uslcn=105)*65536+
(select svcidx from tbl_svc where uslcn=105)) where uslcn=105;
.q
sync
reboot
As the service is not yet officially launched, it is not yet in the NIT and there is no EPG information, but it records fine (and un-protects and decrypts fine as you would expect).

I assumed it's going to end up on LCN 105.
This also requires BBC ONE HD to be tuned already (which is not unlikely!).

Last edited:
Will you please remind us dunces how to get a 'commend prompt'? Is this a telnet session?

Yes, telnet or ssh or using a webshell on the Web-if (on the Diagnostics page - make sure you enter "cli" at the menu).

Last edited:
Did that. Box rebooted. No LCN105 though. What did I do wrong

Telnet~Open 192.168.0.200 ~ {0000}~CLI~FOXT2#
copy/paste code from post#1.
Wait for reboot ~EPG, no LCN105

Try again. Still no joy.

Wait for reboot ~EPG, no LCN105
I'm not entirely sure what "~EPG" means, but I said there was no EPG info. in post #1.
I assume you have BBC ONE HD tuned on your box as the script above requires it.
Other than that, I don't know. I'd need to see your channel.db (in /var/lib/humaxtv/ ) at least.

Thanks prpr. I have just tried it on one of my HDRs and it works a treat! Now for the other box...

Worked for me via putty.

Got an error when I tried in webshell though:
Code:
/bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected "("                                                                                                       
HDR2#

Webshell then does not respond to x to exit.

Got an error when I tried in webshell though:
Code:
/bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected "("                                                                                                     
HDR2#
Interesting. I didn't test it using that. I'll go and do so...

Seems like the paste abilities of the webshell are quite limited. I couldn't find any way of multi-line pasting from browser, and the normal paste option is useless as well.

Last edited:
EPG meant that I went to the WebIF EPG, not the box EPG. S'pose I'd better go and press 105 on the box and see what happens.
I assumed that you meant no EPG content rather than the LCN not showing on the WebIF EPG. (I got no error messages in Telnet)

Yep, that worked. 105 shows CH5 HD on the front panel, but an onscreen, "Nothing being transmitted at this time" or similar.

Prpr do you know if they have plans or beta testing film4hd?
I know nothing. I think more HD channels are unlikely until DSO2 when they clear COM7 and COM8 and convert more muxes to DVB-T2 and remove some of the SD stuff.
But, as I said, I know nothing!

Yep, that worked. 105 shows CH5 HD on the front panel, but an onscreen, "Nothing being transmitted at this time" or similar.
I had a similar problem until I realised that I had the old channel renumber package installed. This was swapping LCNs 1 & 101. Since the Channel 5 HD setup uses LCN 101 as a template, it was using the wrong mux.

I had a similar problem until I realised that I had the old channel renumber package installed. This was swapping LCNs 1 & 101. Since the Channel 5 HD setup uses LCN 101 as a template, it was using the wrong mux.
I suppose I should have matched by name rather than LCN. I've now tweaked the instructions appropriately.

I have swapped the BBC1 HD and BBC1 SD LCNs so BBC1HD is now on LCN1. (this was prior to doing the CH5HD thing in post#1) using tunefix. I have CH5 showing on the EPG at LCN105 but no data as expected and still have the "Nothing transmitted" type message on CH5HD. Do I need to swap BBC1 back on to LCN 101, then do the post#1 thing again?
If that works, can I then swap BBC1HD back to LCN1, or are you going to do a 'check by name' instead if LCN mod to the 'patch' so that it will work if users have swapped LCNs?
If my suspicions from what has been said above are true, then the instructions need changing again to "This also requires BBC ONE HD to be tuned already on LCN 101"
If I have to swap LCN1 and LCN101 temporarily, How do I do that please? Is it just a case of swapping them back in tunefix and reboot?

Back