Channel Re-order

Jazz Maverick

Hello there I'm new!

I just exchanged my 3view box for a HDR Fox T2 as I was very disappointed with the 3view box, but one feature I did like was the ability to re-order the channels, for example when I press 1 on the remote I could set it to BBC HD and the same for 3 and 4.

Any chance this might be a feature in an up coming custom firmware??

Thanks

It is possible to re arrange the order that channels appear on the screen (without Custom Firware) by setting up your Favorites and moving its contents to the order you choose e.g. Channels 1, 50, 2, 54, 7, 9, 3 etc. However I doubt that it will be possible to change a channel's number, even with Custom Firmware, I may be wrong.

It is possible to re arrange the order that channels appear on the screen (without Custom Firware) by setting up your Favorites and moving its contents to the order you choose e.g. Channels 1, 50, 2, 54, 7, 9, 3 etc. However I doubt that it will be possible to change a channel's number, even with Custom Firmware, I may be wrong.

Thanks for your reply, I'll try the favourites.
Would it be a case of some how remapping the remote commands? So the box thinks channel 50 is channel 1?
Also would it be possible to see in the EPG weather the HD channel is in 1080i or 1080p as I know all the HD channels have started broadcast select programmes in progressive.

Would it be a case of some how remapping the remote commands? So the box thinks channel 50 is channel 1?
Also would it be possible to see in the EPG weather the HD channel is in 1080i or 1080p as I know all the HD channels have started broadcast select programmes in progressive.

As far as re-mapping the Remote, I think it is unlikely to be possible, But the guys that write the Custom Firmware may disagree. As for the 1080p / 1080i this is now correctly displayed in the 'i' plate info (info button on Remote), The BBC actually switch from 1080i to 1080p for different parts of the same program, I think non BBC HD channels are always 1080i

It's perfectly possible to move channels around in the service database if you have the custom firmware installed - at least one person has successfully moved BBC 1 HD to channel number 1 (and presumably put the old BBC 1 on 5x). From the testing I've done I don't think it will cause any problems because all of the channels are also assigned an internal service ID and that is the number that is used everywhere internally - the LCN only appears in one place.

There isn't an easy way of doing this at the moment because nobody has expressed an interest in doing it. I remember reading a good reason why from someone too but I can't find it now. The only thing it may cause problems for is the remote schedule portal since it uses LCNs as one of the communication protocol - it has fallbacks including the channel name though so even that may work.

I don't think it would be possible to get between the remote handset commands and the channel change, but as AF123 says it is probably possible to reassign services to a new LCN (until you do a retune). It will just be a case of what the unwanted side-effects are, if somebody wants to try it out.

I think the first experiment would be to edit the database directly. Somebody more knowledgable will have to provide the details.

For BBC One (HD) - something like this (make sure the box is idle first):

Code:
humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
sqlite> update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName like '_BBC One HD';
sqlite> update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 50 where szSvcName like '_BBC One';
sqlite> .exit
humax# reboot

thanks af123

I tried that, but it didn't work, it said 'read only file system', (see below), I not that familiar with telnet code.

humax# humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db;
-/bin/sh: humax#: not found
humax# sqlite> update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName like '_BBC One HD';
-/bin/sh: can't create update: Read-only file system
-/bin/sh: sqlite: not found
humax# sqlite> update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 50 where szSvcName like '_BBC One';
-/bin/sh: can't create update: Read-only file system
humax# sqlite> .exit;
-/bin/sh: can't create .exit: Read-only file system
humax# humax# reboot

The humax# and sqlite3> bits are the prompts that you will see and you don't need to type them in again. Just type:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 1 where szSvcName like '_BBC One HD';
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 50 where szSvcName like '_BBC One';
.exit
reboot

This would be really good (for me) but the lack of regionalisation is a deal breaker. I hate it when I watch the national news at 21:00 on BBC One HD and have to switch to BBC One to watch our regional news program, NorthWest Tonight.

I hate it when I watch the national news at 21:00 on BBC One HD and have to switch to BBC One to watch our regional news program, NorthWest Tonight.

In the Midlands (and I guess in other regions) the screen say " We are not able to supply your regional News in HD at the Moment" or words to that effect, I was just wondering when they plan to do it?, Maybe after London's DSO later this year

EDIT - Quote from the BBC :-
Over time we hope to be able to deliver all the versions of BBC One that exist in standard definition in HD

ITV do show their regional news on their HD channel but I have been told that the BBC are obliged to transmit all programs in HD on their HD channels but ITV can pick and choose whether they are HD or SD, not sure if this is true though.

I also dislike having to switch channels for the BBC regions but on my Toshiba TV I have renumbered the channels so that BBC1 HD is on channel 1 and BBC1 SD is on 1001, this way I can just hit the Program up key to switch. This is not perfect but much better than on the Humax so I will have to have a go at putting the customised firmware on, could someone point me in the right direction on this and, crucially, is it possible to revert back to the standard firmware!!

Does ITV1HD show regional news?

It's always Meridian News on ITV1HD - fine if you're already in that region but otherwise it's only useful if (like me) you wondered what happened to Fred Dineage after the show "How" ended.

It's always Meridian News on ITV1HD - fine if you're already in that region but otherwise it's only useful if (like me) you wondered what happened to Fred Dineage after the show "How" ended.
It's Granada News on ITV1 HD for me in the North West.:)

Back