[channeldel] Automatically delete unwanted channels (Note: now superseded by tunefix)

af123

Administrator
Staff member
autodel.png

This settings screen is accessed via the standard Settings page, under Automatic Channel Deletion.

The first time you visit the settings page, the streaming channels which don't work (and in fact cause problems if tuned into) will be added to the list. Any channels matching entries in the list, which is not case sensitive, will be automatically deleted the next time the Humax is booted, and following any retune.

I have just installed this, and it is not displaying the settings screen correctly in my browser (Firefox 22.0), although it does seem to be OK on my iPad.
channeldelete.png

Maybe it could be down to some addon that I have? I have tried it in Nightly 25.0a1 (64 bit browser from Mozilla) with the same results. I can stretch the left hand white panel to fill the surrounding panel, this moves the stray text back to the top. However, if I refresh the page, it returns to the way it is shown in my image.

Chrome fares a bit better, although the text at the top of the left hand panel is arranged differently.

Internet Explorer 9 displays it differently again, the left hand white panel has a vertical scroll bar at the right hand side.

Would channeldel cause problems if it deleted a TV program that was included in a Favourites list or would the TV channel just be removed from the Favourites List?
Similar question about deleting a TV channel that doesn't exist e.g. we have no CH179 Bluebird TV in the West Midlands
BTW
channeldel settings page displaying the "supported Using *" correctly in FF21.0

Would channeldel cause problems if it deleted a TV program that was included in a Favourites list or would the TV channel just be removed from the Favourites List?
It should be automatically removed from the list of favourites. Humax have put cascading delete triggers on the database.

I want to put this on my outstationed HDR2. Rather than fiddle about trying to update everything that would be required by USB, I think the easiest course will be to figure out how to link through my TP-Link 702 to my 3G MiFi.

You can just download the bundle from the web site and put it on a USB drive and plug it in. All dependencies will be automatically included in the bundle.

Giving it real Internet access would probably be more generally useful but probably not easier : )

As a convenience, it is probably worth having a play with the TP-Link to MiFi option.

I am considering another option: Humax Direct are currently offering Grade A 500GB for £129. For that price I would not mind having a spare to configure at base and just swap in (transferring the existing recordings first).

How would you get the channels back? e.g. you decide you do want Racing TV after all

Sorry, just realised. delete from list and save changes.

You would then have to run a retune. Deleting it from the list won't reinstate the service, it will only stop it being deleted next time a retune restores it.

You'd have to remove it from the list then do a retune or selective tune.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Just installed this as it looks neat. Unfortunately the list of available channels in the right hand pane is just the channels I have left - having long since deleted the ones I didn't want after the last retune. So I can't actually select the ones to delete until the next time I retune and get them all back.
I was expecting it would offer a list of 'all' the channels, but of course it can't know what isn't there. Dang!

Distant wishlist: Get channel list from the RS server?

It will let you type anything you want into the box on the left so you can probably cover most of it. The screenshot in the first post is what I'm using (although I've added "Sky Sports*" since) which covers the data, paid and adult channels.

At least following next Monday's retune you can make future ones easier.

It will let you type anything you want into the box on the left so you can probably cover most of it. The screenshot in the first post is what I'm using (although I've added "Sky Sports*" since) which covers the data, paid and adult channels.

At least following next Monday's retune you can make future ones easier.

Oh, it's next Monday is it? Thought it was a couple of weeks yet.

No way I can remember all the stuff I deleted, but I'll maybe try copying your list to cover at least some of it beforehand.
I'll be interested to see how renumber copes with all this too.

Will channeldel do radio as well?

Back