• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Converting SD .TS Files

I am experiencing difficulties trying to create a DVD, using freemake video converter. It crashes all the time. I've used Handbrake, and changed the file into MP4 & MKV files, but its for a pal who only has a DVD player., which is not DivX friendly. Any ideas, short of using a DVD recorder, please?

OP
OP
peterpi
Thanks both. I've downloaded dvdflick and I'm encoding a file now. Time will tell.

I'm also going to have a look at the doom9 thread.

OP
OP
peterpi
Only problem I encountered was as follows. The program my pal wanted was 4:3 well it was actually 544:546. When I stuck it on a DVD the result was a tall picture in the middle with a large black area either side. This would have been made worse by the fact that my pal has a 4:3 CRT TV. My solution was to put first change from .TS to .AVI with Handbrake, use Freemake Video Converter to stretch it horizontally. This has resulted in a file which will look presentable on his TV. I will then use Freemake to convert to DVD. I did have a problem with the original .TS file. When I loaded it into DVD Flick I got an error message telling me that it was unable to generate a thumbnail, and the file was most probably truncated, damaged or corrupted. I have deleted the original on the Foxsat, but I'll download another when I get a chance, and see how that performs.

Update: I just downloaded "Click" and DVD Flick accepts the .TS without any errors.