Converting SD .TS Files

peterpi

I am experiencing difficulties trying to create a DVD, using freemake video converter. It crashes all the time. I've used Handbrake, and changed the file into MP4 & MKV files, but its for a pal who only has a DVD player., which is not DivX friendly. Any ideas, short of using a DVD recorder, please?

I am experiencing difficulties trying to create a DVD, using freemake video converter. It crashes all the time. I've used Handbrake, and changed the file into MP4 & MKV files, but its for a pal who only has a DVD player., which is not DivX friendly. Any ideas, short of using a DVD recorder, please?

Assuming you have a PC try DVDFlick using the original .ts files.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

This might help too http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=149827. It will give you a DVD copy without any encoding - the quality will be exactly as it was broadcast.
Its meant for Mac users but a lot of it is relevant and easily transferable to Windows.
For step (3) there should be an opensource or free alternative to SmallDVD for Windows.

Thanks both. I've downloaded dvdflick and I'm encoding a file now. Time will tell.

I'm also going to have a look at the doom9 thread.

Only problem I encountered was as follows. The program my pal wanted was 4:3 well it was actually 544:546. When I stuck it on a DVD the result was a tall picture in the middle with a large black area either side. This would have been made worse by the fact that my pal has a 4:3 CRT TV. My solution was to put first change from .TS to .AVI with Handbrake, use Freemake Video Converter to stretch it horizontally. This has resulted in a file which will look presentable on his TV. I will then use Freemake to convert to DVD. I did have a problem with the original .TS file. When I loaded it into DVD Flick I got an error message telling me that it was unable to generate a thumbnail, and the file was most probably truncated, damaged or corrupted. I have deleted the original on the Foxsat, but I'll download another when I get a chance, and see how that performs.

Update: I just downloaded "Click" and DVD Flick accepts the .TS without any errors.

Back