Coronavirus Lockdown Chat

I believe that's only for the Pfizer one, where they have had some allergic reactions. SWMBO had the AZO and was thrown out promptly afterwards.
That's the very point that I was making above. Sitting around (whether in a cold tent or a warm waiting room) is not universal as Karen from TwitFace implied.
Sounds like an ill informed Trev on twitface.

It was from a well informed friend.
Well informed possibly, but wrong. I had the 15 min wait thing, but it was in a nice warm waiting room.

The only people I have to ask have all had Pfizer. For actual information we need to hear first-hand from a non-Pfizer receiver.

Pfizer for my wife and I, 15 minute wait in warm local small hospital (12 beds). Mild headaches kicked in eight hours later and persisted for another 24 hours. No other symptoms.

That's the very point that I was making above. Sitting around (whether in a cold tent or a warm waiting room) is not universal as Karen from TwitFace implied.

Well informed possibly, but wrong. I had the 15 min wait thing, but it was in a nice warm waiting room.
You are not well informed, but she was. The GP does make takers sit in a cold tent afterwards. There is nowhere else to sit, for those numbers. She never implied it was universal, it was you who made that incorrect deduction.

She is also as contemptuous of twitface as you or I.

There's no "sounds more likely" about it. It's just plain wrong to put yourself first.
And I note that you quote 'the Queen's English as she are spoke' as well. And I would have thought that HM had every right to put herself first, but doesn't.

Locally , our gp-combination operates in a town hall suite so -if you are mandated to wait after vaccination - you wait in a well ventilated room. As Pfizer recipient I had to wait 15 mins, while, a couple of weeks later my wife was told she could go immediately after an AstroZenica jab (they just checked she had a driver waiting to take her home.

Having cancelled my appointment with the GP today, 2 missed calls, presumably because they didn't update their system. Plus, still no text to Mrs Scrat to book an appointment.

Did everyone enjoy the zoom meeting where a lawyer found himself appearing as a talking cat and the judge tried to get an explanation? It made my day yesterday.

We had our jabs this am. Astrazeneca, whole process took 30 minutes, including sitting for 15 minutes afterwards. At least the Arena was slightly warmer than a cold tent.

As we were about to drive away, Mrs Scrat got a phone call from our GP asking if she wanted to book an appointment. Unbelievable!

As we were about to drive away, Mrs Scrat got a phone call from our GP asking if she wanted to book an appointment. Unbelievable!
Hell, I wouldn't complain about that! Two invitations is better than none. And it's been in the media the last couple of days how GP records and hospital records take a while to sync.

Astrazeneca... including sitting for 15 minutes afterwards.
Not just Pfizer then!

Hell, I wouldn't complain about that! Two invitations is better than none. And it's been in the media the last couple of days how GP records and hospital records take a while to sync.
You just keep checking on the nhs site to book the mass centres, when your cohort is called. You will need your NHS number, 10 digits long. There is an NHS app that is worth getting, it will also tell you what your NHS number is, but they take a day or so to verify your details.

The puzzle is that I also got an invite for the GP to do it, but Mrs Scrat didn't. Hence using the Arena.
Not just Pfizer then!
Despite Trev's diatribe.

Terribly efficient operation, just let down by the tardiness of our GP. I would recommend the mass vaccination sites. Lots of staff, plenty of parking, no waiting, just run the way you wouldn't dare to hope for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back