Custom firmware and Ireland Saorview

Sorry that post 77 was 'long winded'. Should I edit it to reduce the clutter ?

I was thinking about what happened to the EPG in October 2011. This was discussed in another thread (EPG Search Finds Items in the past).

I sometimes find it useful to be able to look back to the start of the day but it does seem that at least two people have stale data in their databases. I'll make the change for the next release.

Do those changes affect the way epgpatch works?

I was going to try to roll back to cf 1.12 to see what differences it made, I couldn't download the package. I then thought that it wouldn't matter as the current webif and epgpatch wouldn't be compatible.

Putting the Accurate Recording, or Running Status Table aside could a 'stale EPG' in the cf help the EPG issues of multiple regions in webif ?

Hi Folks.
Considering a Humax HDR since my triax217PVR is doin my head in. (saorview rescan has ditched rte, rtejr & rte+1 among other annoyances)
As for switching to a humax, the EPG disappearing and no programme info is a deal breaker. Has it been patched or hacked to work?
My Triax shows the freeview epg with a blank saorview (vis-versa depending on boot channel). When I go to a saorview/freeview channel it populates it and I have a full epg. scheduled recordings work ok until summertime when saorview moves an hour behind. If I'm on a saorview channel it will miss the start of a freeview recording as the hour is out.
Wish I had the skills to beat out a hack or add to progress towards one, but this is beyond me. Leaving it to the greater heads on this forum. I am confused though as to why the humax epg cant be made to not dump an epg and just add to it/update it when mux is tunned in.
I sense a chorus of "you don't understand" coming.

It's not that - the real problem is that this does not affect the majority of the members here (or in particular the few who might stand a chance of sorting it out).

Hi Folks.
Considering a Humax HDR since my triax217PVR is doin my head in. (saorview rescan has ditched rte, rtejr & rte+1 among other annoyances)

I have used the HumaxT2 HDR for several years and reveive Saorview and Freeview. I am not an expert and only can share my experiences/observations. The HumaxT2 is NOT a saorview approved box.

On the Triax did you do a manual scan. I have the HumaxT2 HDR and did a manual scan. RTE1 RTEJnr RTE+1 and 14 'Unknown' Chanels are now on a separate MUX - Channel 42 Freq 642.0MHz. The other channels are still on the original MUX (Channel 45 freq 666.0MHz). I do a manual scan first for the Freeview channels - that puts BBC channel 1, then the two frequencies for Saorview putting RTE1 on channel 818.

As for switching to a humax, the EPG disappearing and no programme info is a deal breaker. Has it been patched or hacked to work?
My Triax shows the freeview epg with a blank saorview (vis-versa depending on boot channel).

No the same happens on the Humax T2 HDR. I cant speak for the newer HDR (2000-T) which is what you may be switching to if buying new.

When I go to a saorview/freeview channel it populates it and I have a full epg. scheduled recordings work ok until summertime when saorview moves an hour behind. If I'm on a saorview channel it will miss the start of a freeview recording as the hour is out.

This may have been an issue with older firmware versions on the T2-Fox, but I have not noticed a problem with summertime recordings. Also I use padded recording times as opposed to AR or accurate recordings so I cant say I noticed any change in times when switching from Saorview to Freeview during the Summer or Wintertimes.

I hear what your sayin Blackhole. Wish I'd the time to upskill the old programming knowledge and I'd have a crack at it.
I've tried everythin with the triax Border. Limited to the blunt factory controls. Manual scan ch56 which is the new mux with rte etc on it. That deletes the rest of saorview and replaces it with
RTEone
RTEjr
RTEone+1
17 unknowns
If I delete the 17 unknowns I'm left with the 3 RTEs. Now, try and manual ch52 back and the 3 RTEs get replaced with all the saorviews and 3 unknowns. These are the 3 RTEs but they have no epg and so no recording.
I started a first time install with the aerial out to clear the channel memory then manual scanned in freeview and saorview with no success. Spent hours tryin different other things that i cant remember too.
I rescanned my Mum & Dads Humax HDt2 with no probs which got me hunting for a humux pvr and thus led me to this site and you good bunch of posters.
I dont really want to go and build a linux box. I may as well upskill and solve the epg issue.. thanks guys, I'll watch this space.

hummm
read your post. didn't try clearing the channels and installing saorview first.
I'll do that 2mro and see if saorview having the run of the 001 to 024 range brings the unknown channels to known.
Then
Scan freeview on which will push saorview to 800s. Maybe saorview will stay correct if its correct in the 000s.
Similar in ways to your post.
The triax is still in the bad books if this works though.
Thanks

Back