[custom-portal] Custom TV Portal

@4291 why can you view teletext vids and all this time I can't?
Dunno! It worked this morning and I got it to work in ver. 1.00. Sad thing is, it ain't working now:(
I was able to watch a video of Tenerife. Now all I get is a blank screen.

I've got it back!
I tuned the Humax to channel 306. Teletext Holidays TV = Success ( For me anyway)

Edit: Watching Barbados, Island of Love, full screen at the moment. :)

Interesting: got it working myself now. Looks like you have to be tuned to a channel within the mux that carries the teletext holidays tv channel.

Interesting: got it working myself now. Looks like you have to be tuned to a channel within the mux that carries the teletext holidays tv channel.
Glad I have been of help.
One thing I have noticed is that the navigation buttons on the television text page indicate Left/Right to cycle through the videos, but I had to use the Up/Down arrows on the remote ( Not page up an down)

Hmm I now think it will work on any data channel.
I think it's failing on normal channels because the video of the channel you are viewing isn't being switched off properly.
So, channels with no video work as the stream can take focus. Will have to look at it when I get chance.

@TomT not sure what you mean, but please remember this is all still a work in progress.
Hi
I wasn't criticising.. probably worded it badly..
In the future it would be nice to be able to specify our own label in the 'Our Portal' blue menu, and possible password protect the settings blue button !!

Sorry if I came across complaining. !! :(

Lol I didn't take it as such dont worry lol I was confused.
I see what you mean now. A custom name would be tricky at the moment as its a flat graphic.
Password protecting the settings will be possible yes, but let's wait until we get something in there first.

Not sure if it is connected or purely a coincedance but my Hummy completely locked up tonight. It didn't respond to any buttons either on the remote or box itself.

It's never done this before.

As I don't really use the portal on the Hummy anyway, I have removed the custom portal to remove it from the equation.

It could just be 'one of those things'.

One thing I have noticed is that the navigation buttons on the television text page indicate Left/Right to cycle through the videos, but I had to use the Up/Down arrows on the remote ( Not page up an down)
Prev&next now working as expected. It was me not being patient enough to let the new video load!

All Done, standard portal still loading, no sign of custom portal.

I have had the same experience with this. I worked through the commands suggested to @hummyowner via telnet to my HD box and got the same results.

I'm now at the point where I've reinstalled custom-portal via opkg in telnet, rebooted the box but still getting the standard TV portal loading.

Any suggestions or should I also just reapply the custom firmware 1.12 and start again? Do I just reapply it or remove it first - and how do you do this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for the reply.

Removed custom-portal, reapplied 1.12 and reinstalled custom-portal. Still only loading standard TV portal. :(
Tried removing and reinstalling custom-portal a few times, all with reboots. Still no custom portal.
Noted the following:-

opkg remove custom-portal

umount: can't umount /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt: Invalid argument

Removing package custom-portal from root...

What's wrong with txt file? Also, I suspect 1.12 was not reapplied properly. What is the correct procedure here? Thanks.

txt file? Also, I suspect 1.12 was not reapplied properly. What is the correct procedure here? Thanks.

I don't know what's happening but I'll update the custom portal package to include an automatic sanity check and fix for the boot environment.. hopefully that will solve your problem.

I don't know what's happening but I'll update the custom portal package to include an automatic sanity check and fix for the boot environment.. hopefully that will solve your problem.

Thanks af123, I'll look out for that.

Sorry to report that it's still loading the std. Humax portal :(

Upgraded to 1.10, rebooted and initiated TV Portal.

Noted a lot of 'remove obsolete file' messages in webif uninstall, but failed to capture them properly to post to you....sorry.

I have carried out the 1.10 upgrade on my FoxHd-T2 and got the same stream of messages you got. Rebooted and everything working.

af123
Custom Portal Version reporting correctly and does not now move across the screen when choosing Our Portal

Upgraded to 1.10, rebooted and initiated TV Portal.
This may be an impertinent question, but are you actually installing from the available list? Then rebooting?

Back