echo "-------------------------------------------"
echo "You will need to reboot your Humax."
echo "Power off, wait until the hard drive powers"
echo "down - indicated by a small click."
echo "Then power back on, and voila...  ...enjoy"

exit 0

I am going to try and look at this stuff today. I looked at xtra1 and the postinst in particular. What should this be for my portal does anyone know?
Code:
for f in Images Scripts include plugin/new-portal; do
    [ -d /mod/webif/html/portal/$f ] && rm -rf /mod/webif/html/portal/$f
done

I changed plugin/xtra1 to plugin/new-portal but not sure if this is correct?

I have created a new package trying to take in the code above from xtra1 and changes to cater for overscan.

I'm getting errors when I install it but the portal still installs, not sure what the problem is, maybe some of you unix guru's will know what the issue is..
Configuring new-portal.
mount: mounting /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/portal-start.txt on /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt failed: No such file or directory

The directory/file does exist so I'm not sure what the complaint is about..

Any issues with the overscan then let me know, worked fine on my Philips TV with overscan turned on.

I am going to try and look at this stuff today. I looked at xtra1 and the postinst in particular. What should this be for my portal does anyone know?
Code:
for f in Images Scripts include plugin/new-portal; do
    [ -d /mod/webif/html/portal/$f ] && rm -rf /mod/webif/html/portal/$f
done
I'd suggest you don't include that code. It just tries to clean up any files left behind when the package is removed but it assumes that nothing else has put anything in /mod/webif/html/portal. That's probably true since the three portal packages conflict with each other but I'd still prefer to see it just removing empty directories rather than anything in the tree.

Configuring new-portal.
mount: mounting /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod/portal-start.txt on /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt failed: No such file or directory

I'm not sure why it is doing that but as long as it's working following a reboot I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd suggest you don't include that code. It just tries to clean up any files left behind when the package is removed but it assumes that nothing else has put anything in /mod/webif/html/portal.

Thanks af123, I will remove it for my next release!

Good luck to you in re-doing the portal.
As ever it's time in real life that prevented me from working further on the Xtra1

And as my HDRT2 & HDT2 are running the original firmware.

Is it actually worth updating the firmware?
Is the web browser much better?

All the technical documents I found in developing Xtra1 are online at my website http://tv.tausoft.co.uk/

I was going to have a look at the BBC's open-source TAL (Television Application Layer) for further development http://fmtvp.github.io/tal/getting-started/introducing-tal.html - but as ever time is the fire in which we all burn.

bon chance mes amis... - grin-

Again...
Is it actually worth updating the firmware? (on the older models of the machine)
Is the web browser much better?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to private message me.

Thanks Ian, it is time consuming alright lol..

Currently, I'm not sure I've added anything to make it worthwhile to update to the latest firmware! I basically took the new official portal and customised it a bit with the help from af123 and others. I wanted to add a base to include new apps and that had a nice UI. So far so good I think..

I think Opera makes development easier IMO anyway!

When I get the OD players finished (hopefully..) I reckon then it will be worth updating perhaps... If you are in the UK then the new iPlayer might interest you though..

I like the idea that it's now Opera.

As the BBC use their TAL thing, that's why the iPlayer works in either browser and the BBC don't care - fall back detection code built into the TAL software, like jQuery doing shims etc.

After the weekend (not going to risk not being able to record all the good Doctor Who stuff this weekend - LOL-) I think I'll update my HDR and have a mess with the Opera browser, and leave the HD in the bedroom running te old firmware for other testing.

If I discover anything - probably mess with the keyboard events in javascript - I'll let you know.

By the way, I recently read somewhere that both BBC News ans BBC Sport webpages also use the BBC iPlayer TAL software, so I tried http://bbc.co.uk/sport and http://bbc.co.uk/news in the old firmware - using Xtra1 - MENU - 9 - 9 - 2 and a USB keyboard.

Both display the same page, and quite nicely too, but no interactivity on the old firmware - If time allows me to progress this I'll let you know after I've upgraded my HDRT2 firmware to the Opera browser.

Had a quick play adding:
Code:
allApps.push({uri:"http://localhost/", name:"Webif", img:"http://localhost/img/fav/144.png"});
to /mod/webif/portal/Scripts/TVApps.js

Control with the remote doesn't highlight anything by default but about 50% of items can be selected (100% more than on the old browser! lol). Adding the css sheet from the example RTE app into the EXTRA.css file for the webif gives us some highlighting.. I haven't got a clue about css though, so don't even know where to start.

Had a quick play adding:
Code:
allApps.push({uri:"http://localhost/", name:"Webif", img:"http://localhost/img/fav/144.png"});
to /mod/webif/portal/Scripts/TVApps.js

Control with the remote doesn't highlight anything by default but about 50% of items can be selected (100% more than on the old browser! lol). Adding the css sheet from the example RTE app into the EXTRA.css file for the webif gives us some highlighting.. I haven't got a clue about css though, so don't even know where to start.

That's the spirit Chris, I was hoping that this would get everyone developing Apps :)

I wonder if we can come up with a better way for adding apps, an external DB that can be updated if a new app is added?? I had been thinking this way but wasn't sure how it could be implemented..

Yeah, it got me curious lol

I think an external db is the best way, but it would have to refresh in the background so as not to slow down the portal, as you can imagine, if someone just wanted to get to iplayer quickly, but had to wait for a refresh, it could get old real quick.

Splitting out the settings for the menus into a different file - and putting it in s separate package that could be updated alone was on my list of things to do - if I had a TARDIS and could spend a year on this and travle back to get on with real life - ha!

But by providing a JSON file on a server - I have unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth (it's an old legacy contract that I'm not ever giving up).

The current local JSON file can be loaded on lauch of the portal, but if a newer one is detected it can be download with a jim/tcl script and saved, and then dynamically loaded into the currently running portal.

But of course this is much what Humax do, all their stuff resides on a remote server in the first place.

Our advantage of having a local portal loading to start means that it can be programmed to do things even without a permanent web connection - thoughts in the imagin-sphere again and lack of time - ha! - LOL

Yeah, time it takes for all this tinkering is unreal and when yah get older time seems to go quicker...

I have hit a stumbling block on my RTE Player app after it all looked very promising.. I'm not able to play rtmp streams I don't think in the opera browser...

I haven't looked fully yet but I don't think rtmp is supported :-(

I will check the other players to see what the stream format is before starting them and wasting more time...

Looking for a bit of help if anyone knows....

In the RSS feeds for RTE I get the following mp4 stream url but I can't get it to play in HTML/javascript but I'm not sure if it isn't possible or I just don't know enough about this stuff..
rtmpe://fmsod.rte.ie/rtevod/mp4:/2013/1121/20131121_rteone-sixnews-sixonenews_cl10225356_10225376_260_/20131121_rteone-sixnews-sixonenews_cl10225356_10225376_260__512k.mp4

Anyone like to make an attempt at getting this to play?

Back