Customised Firmware 2.00

I have just noticed something else which may shed a light.

At the bottom of the Webif main page it says: Webif Interface version {0.9.3-4 Collected}{errors} *rm_r: Failed to open dir: No such file or directory.

I wonder whether your box only got halfway through an auto-update before turning off or something similar?
Can you try force re-installing the webif package through the new option in diagnostics?
Then maybe try force re-installing hmt as well since that was updated as part of the last webif update.

>>> opkg install --force-reinstall webif
cp: can't create '/mod/etc/anacrontab': File exists
/webif_0.9.3-4_mipsel.opk: Read-only file system
Removing package webif from root...
Installing webif (0.9.3-4) to root...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_0.9.3-4_mipsel.opk.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_0.9.3-4_mipsel.opk, wget returned 1.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download webif. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package webif.
* opkg_finalize_intercepts: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/sqlite3.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/mongoose.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/gmake.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/BootHDR.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/wget.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/busybox.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/portal-xtra1.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/lsof.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/inadyn.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/binutils.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/ssmtp.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/unencrypt.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/multimode.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/openssl-command.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/bzip2.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/libmpc.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/humidify.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/rs.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/auto-update.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/tinyftp.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/nicesplice.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/libmpfr.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/mediatomb.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/anacron.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/nicesplice-magic-folders.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/jim-cgi.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/gcc.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/virtual-disk.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/uclibc-devel.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/inotify-tools.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/service-control.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/auto-unprotect.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/gawk.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/jim-sqlite3.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/file.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/cron-daemon.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/id3v2.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/lamemp3.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/libgmp.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/epg.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/trm.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/ffmpeg.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/undelete.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/webif-iphone.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/samba.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/header-files.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/custom-portal.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/jim.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/hmt.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/jim-oo.list: Read-only file system.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/squashfs-tools.list: Read-only file system.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.

Webif didn't auto update this morning. I had to select upgrade, so perhaps it hadn't downloaded properly.

Ok, that looks like an error has been detected on you hard disk so it has been automatically flagged as read-only.

You need to do a disk check/repair. There's a thread or Wiki article with instructions somewhere... Will post link in a minute.

Yes, I was beginning to suspect the disk was read only. Benidorm didn't record tonight and when I tried to save the last streamed video from the buffer in HDR mode, that didn't work either. I have tried playing back several old recordings and they seem OK.

That's something the Linux driver will do if it finds a filesystem error. You need to either connect the disk to a computer which can check an ext3 filesystem or boot your Humax into maintenance mode and check it from there. I would back up your recordings in advance of either though.

Thanks, I'll give it a go tomorrow. If I lose my recordings it won't be the end of the world, my wife has her own recorder for her stuff. Luckily she recorded Benidorm and we are watching it in bed at the moment. Sorry if that is too much information.

Well, I've got my HDD plugged into my PC running Ubuntu. All the videos in my Virtual folder (decrypted) play in VLC with full transport controls. Problems with lip sync but that can be adjusted. Saved video streams from the buffer are fine.(iPlayer and YouTube)

Back to my read only disk problem. I have looked in Properties > Permissions but I am denied permissions because I am not the owner, which is Root.

Any ideas where I can go from here?

In the absence of any more experienced advice, look up the Linux "chown" command. Or perhaps try logging into Ubuntu as "Root".

Thanks both. I was getting ready to get the GParted disc out.

I have copied my most valuable recordings to PC, and decided to reformat the Buffalo HDD on the Humax and start again. However it will not do it.

I am not comfortable using Maintenance mode which involves a lot of Telnet commands, so I will give that a miss.

I will look at Chown and Sudo when the Rugby is over.

I updated last night to v2.00 & all was OK, this morning however I switched it on & it took me through a fresh installation as if I had just purchased it i.e. scanned for new channels etc.
All scheduled programs were of course gone which is not a problem as custom firmware is still in place so I could restore.
Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else reports the same, it maybe something completely unrelated to v2.00 being installed & just happened to be a coincidence.

I have as not updated to V2.00 However My Humax also went through a fresh install yesterday when turned on, this has never happened to me before, I put this down to switching on from standby - Recording which I rarely do. I was able to recover both Favorites and Recording schedule from the auto backup / Restore feature which was a great help (Only had to re-name the Favorites1 title back to what it was). I wonder if repeat OTAs are happening at the moment although obviously this shouldn't have any effect on an existing 1:02:20 install
EDIT
Next repeat OTA is 29FEB to 3MAR so must be just co-incidence I guess ! !

I am not comfortable using Maintenance mode which involves a lot of Telnet commands, so I will give that a miss.
Whichever way you go I doubt you can get away from the command line. If you have saved off everything you want to keep, perhaps a complete wipe with GPartEd is the easiest option.

I'm not going to stream over my mobile data connection so I will miss the big game this year :(

For an HD with a single drive connected and one ext2 or ext3 partition on that drive it should be quite straight forward.

To enter maintenance mode:
Code:
touch /mod/boot/maintenance.boot
reboot

To then fix the partition:
Code:
umount /dev/sda1
e2fsck /dev/sda1
reboot

Ok, I will give that a try when the rugby's finished. I was fairly comfortable about getting into Maintenance mode, it was what I needed to enter after that.

Using the Humax to watch in HD. Good game. :)

This is what I get.

Connecting to 192.168.0.103:23
Connected.
humax# umount /dev/sdal
umount: can't umount /dev/sdal: No such file or directory
humax#
humax#

Back