Customised Firmware 2.00

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I've uploaded version 2.00 of the customised firmware and it's available at the usual place (http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads#Customised_Firmware).

There aren't any significant changes or new features in it but it has been stable for a while now so I've tidied up a few bits that were on my todo list and finished the reset feature and moved it to version 2.

The next webif package release will re-introduce the method of affecting a complete custom environment reset as long as this firmware version is installed.

Diagnostics:

'Remove all custom firmware packages and settings' is greyed out

(This option will return with firmware 2)

I have firmware 2 installed.

Strange behaviour going on here.

I noticed this morning that the Humax was in standby with the HDD active as if waiting for a recording to start. I had nothing scheduled and the box should have been off.

I could access the Webif but there was no recording showing. I switched the box out of standby and browsed the media files and, lo and behold, most of my recordings have been decrypted DEC.

Is this automatic now?

I have had another look and all my recordings, including those in folders, are showing the DEC flag. None of them have the HD flag although some where recorded in HD.

Selecting any file brings up in Media Details:

Runtime Error: file.jim:67: expected integer but got "" at file "file.jim", line67

No, decryption isn't automatic now, nothing has changed significantly.

That looks like your .hmt files are missing or corrupt in some way.. but nothing in v2 or the latest web interface should have done that. Can you check via FTP or some other method?

I could access the Webif but there was no recording showing. I switched the box out of standby and browsed the media files and, lo and behold, most of my recordings have been decrypted DEC.

That sounds very odd on an HD-FOX! Unless af has been keeping something ground-breaking under his hat!

Looking back on what I did this morning.

Upgraded Webif. All seemed OK.

Selected "Update package list from Internet"
In "Package Management Results" I got a Popup: http://192.168.0.xxx, OK.
Selected OK and Processing Request began. It failed to finish so after several minutes I closed the box.
Result: Under the Upgrade tab I get.

Package Installed Avail Description Action
Collected...............................................Install

Dare I select Istall? :confused:

I updated last night to v2.00 & all was OK, this morning however I switched it on & it took me through a fresh installation as if I had just purchased it i.e. scanned for new channels etc.

All scheduled programs were of course gone which is not a problem as custom firmware is still in place so I could restore.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else reports the same, it maybe something completely unrelated to v2.00 being installed & just happened to be a coincidence.

Update to post #11

All my packages in Package Management /Installed have Install against them instead of Remove.
BootHDR still works though. If I Telnet in and boot into HDRmode then reboot, if I then look a my recordings in Webif > Browse Media Files everything appears normal, no DEC flags. When I close the browser then open Webif again, all the DEC flags are back.

BTW, I did select Install Connected but it didn't seem to affect anything. Connected was already at the bottom of my Installed list.

it maybe something completely unrelated to v2.00 being installed & just happened to be a coincidence.
I'm sure that is a coincidence. v2 isn't a major change and there haven't been any other reports. The automatic schedule backup has saved me on occasion too!

Update to post #11

All my packages in Package Management /Installed have Install against them instead of Remove.
BootHDR still works though. If I Telnet in and boot into HDRmode then reboot, if I then look a my recordings in Webif > Browse Media Files everything appears normal, no DEC flags. When I close the browser then open Webif again, all the DEC flags are back.

BTW, I did select Install Connected but it didn't seem to affect anything. Connected was already at the bottom of my Installed list.

Can you try clearing your browser cache? This all sounds very odd and I can't think of a single reason that could explain all of your symptoms.

Fired up my Netbook and tried the two browsers I have on there, FireFox and Opera. Same result.

Back