Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

I've uploaded customised firmware 2.10 which installs on top of 1.02.27. Note that 1.02.27 is still a beta release according to Humax although there is no reason to think it won't be broadcast OTA in due course, and at least one box has been shipped from Humax running 1.02.26.

WARNING: The 1.02.27 firmware from Humax appears to put up a dialogue when new channels are found that asks if you want to retune. It defaults to yes and if you don't press anything for a while then it proceeds with a retune automatically, wiping out your schedule in the process! See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/has-1-02-27-taken-over.1499/

Here's what you need to do in order to upgrade from an earlier version of the firmware:
  • Run the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic* (through the web interface, navigate to Diagnostics then type prepare_for_upgrade into the box that has general in it then click Run Diagnostic);
  • Install the official 1.02.27 firmware from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2;
  • Boot the system fully (particularly important on the HD model to allow the new bootloader to be installed);
  • Install the custom firmware bundle from http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
  • Reboot twice.
* - if you have already installed 1.02.27 without running the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic then some packages may fail to work properly until they are re-installed (Webif->Diagnostics->Force Re-install). This includes at least redring, undelete and portal-xtra1.

Hi I've been trying to find 2.10 with no luck could you give me a link so that I can download, I am very much a Newbe to this, having just bought my HDR Fox T2

Thanks Mike

Click on my link to the Wiki below or the main link at the top of the page, then under "Resources" see "Firmware Downloads".

My HDR FOX T2 running custom firmware 2.10 has just been turned on and gone back to factory defaults... hope this isn't a trend (not baliming custom firmware btw!)

There were problems reported about Zippyshare before - will have to wait for af123 to comment.
Zippyshare have apparently suffered a server failure and restoring the content will take a few days - I'm re-uploading the files now which will put them on a different server and then I'll update the links in the Wiki

Just turned my HDR-fox-t2 on this morning and it went straight into box setup.

All my scheduled events are present and correct and the custom fw is still working fine.
Anyone else had this happen? Looks like Humax might have a bug to fix

Just turned my HDR-fox-t2 on this morning and it went straight into box setup.

All my scheduled events are present and correct and the custom fw is still working fine.
Anyone else had this happen? Looks like Humax might have a bug to fix
Did "Wizard" appear on the front panel display of the box? Myself and two or three other owners have reported this happening to their boxes recently.

I presumed from your earlyer post that you had already loaded the Custom Firmware, I'm not sure which step you're at but if you follow the steps on each page starting HERE (with further links at the bottom of each page) you will soon have the Web-If up and running.

this looks interesting but how do you get Web Interface, what am I missing

Mike

Read the quick start guide linked in my signature panel as "CUSTOM FIRMWARE" to explain the basics, and then follow links for more detailed instructions.

I presumed from your earlyer post that you had already loaded the Custom Firmware, I'm not sure which step you're at but if you follow the steps on each page starting HERE (with further links at the bottom of each page) you will soon have the Web-If up and running.

Hi yes I've got 2.10 installed and have formatted a USB memory stick will follow your link and hopefully all will be revealed

Mike

Hi yes I've got 2.10 installed and have formatted a USB memory stick will follow your link and hopefully all will be revealed

Mike

Hi Ezra I have now followed your guide and I'm pleased to say we are up and running many thanks now to play.

Mike

Back