Customised Firmware 2.12 (for 1.0.20/29)

I still think there is more to this than meets the eye.

The update table referred to in the Wiki says you can downgrade from .27, .28, or .29 by installing 2.12/1.02.20 in one hit, and yet only upgrade from .20 to 2.12/1.02.29 via vanilla 1.02.20. I can't help thinking that what you get from 1.02.29 > 2.12/1.02.20 would not be identical to 1.02.29 > 1.02.20 > 2.12/1.02.20.

I can't help thinking that what you get from 1.02.29 > 2.12/1.02.20 would not be identical to 1.02.29 > 1.02.20 > 2.12/1.02.20.

You're right, but either way works. The beauty of backwards compatibility in the relevant components.

I just upgraded to 1.02.29 and added the CF - all is well. I had to re-install redring and portal-xtra1 but that only took a couple of minutes.

No problems found so far and Internet radio works!!

Great work af123, many thanks again.

I just upgraded to 1.02.29 and added the CF - all is well. I had to re-install redring and portal-xtra1 but that only took a couple of minutes

If you had 'undelete' installed you may find you need to re-install that as well

Hi, just wondering if anyone else's YouTube app is broken again?

I installed a clean fw of 1.02.29, ran prepare for upgrade first, then loaded the cw 2.12. Now the firmware states 1.02.20 on the box??

Also the on demand on the sky player is no longer working, is the the same for other sky player users?

I'm a little confused as to what I need to do to my box and looking for some advice if that's Ok.

Currently running humax 1.02.28 with CF version 2.11. What do I need to do to update?

Also, I've noticed a DSO Event scheduled to run this Wednesday, is this an OTA update to humax 1.02.29? And if so, will I have to update before this?

Thank you.

You do not need to update at all, if you don't want to. 1.02.29 restores Internet Radio (on the TV Portal), but as far as I know nothing else. In fact, 1.02.28 is still being scheduled for OTA updates.

You can, if you want, update from your present state to 1.02.29 + CF2.12 in one step by downloading and applying 2.12/1.02.29 - see the table in the Wiki HERE (click) and download from HERE (click).

The DSO event scheduled this week IS NOT a firmware update ("DSO" = Digital Switch Over). See discussion HERE (click). OTA searches occur every day at 4.30am, whether they find an update depends whether one is being broadcast. As it happens, 1.02.28 is being broadcast this week from mid-morning Monday to mid-morning Wednesday, so the OTA searches on Tuesday and Wednesday at 0430 will be "hits". Nothing will happen though, unless your firmware is 1.02.27 or earlier.

For information about firmware revisions, OTA searches, and the broadcast schedule, see "Things Every...".

I'm still on 1.0.27 with cfw 2.11 so will do the prepare for update and take my box up to 1.0.29 then apply the 2.12 cfw later, I've been ok on 1.0.27 except for one random factory reset which people sometimes have on that firmware version so its time to update!

Do I need to backup the recording schedule or is that handled by the prepare for update ?

Regards

Damian

I'm still on 1.0.27 with cfw 2.11 so will do the prepare for update and take my box up to 1.0.29 then apply the 2.12 cfw later, I've been ok on 1.0.27 except for one random factory reset which people sometimes have on that firmware version so its time to update!

Do I need to backup the recording schedule or is that handled by the prepare for update ?

If you're on 1.02.27/CFW 2.11, then just apply the 1.02.29/CFW 2.12 straight on top of it. See the table that Black Hole referenced on the Wiki at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Upgrade_Path.

Your recording schedule won't be affected by any firmware upgrades, only retunes.

Ok thanks I did read the page which suggested that but was confused slightly by the 'unified' comments which say not unified for .27 or .28

** Updated **

I've just updated straight from 1.0.27 to 1.0.29 / CFW 2.12 by putting it straight on top as suggested, thanks for saving me any unecessary hassle (it's pretty manic in my house at present!)

Regards

Damian

well gotta say after reading this thread a few times, especially page 1
ive not been this confused since i was on acid in the early 90's!!!

im on Software:
Humax HDR-FOX T2
Tv portal ver 2.28
Software ver FHTCP 1.02.28
Loader ver a7.30
MICOM ver 9.3
(apologies for being specific!)
never done anything with the device, its totally clean/official
from what ive read here i can install HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.29_mod_2.12
straight away?
i dont know what 'prepare-for-upgrade' is but ill presume i don't need it as its not mentioned in the install guide
i just want skygo/player and my device to work as before, not interested in anything else
thanks for any 'clear' reply's in advance!
and sorry for posting this, im just a n00b and dont want to be later creating new threads called: i cant get this and that to work after installing the CFW
Lee;)

portal is same as before ver 2.28
with no extra stuff
did i do something wrong?
followed guide exactly
or is skygo/player somewhere else?
it said success and it says cust fw 2.12 on display during startup but not in portal

edit looks like i need portal extras doh
im on it...

Back