Customised Firmware 2.12 (for 1.0.20/29)

lol i didnt even know what that was, was looking for it in device settings!
i only knew i needed portal xtra1
figured it out after reading the install guide again and again and again (just quit a 20 year weed experiment :confused: braincells are running slow!)

anyway im all sorted skygo working great, previously had to airplay it from mountainlion
now dont even have to get up off my a** to do it lol
(mum pays for sky, not me)
if im honest doing this kinda stuff was made harder (for me) when wiki guides came along
i was hacking modding nokia symbian before wiki's, google' and youtube
back then i would create simple guides
step.1 do this
step.2 do that
ect.
but times change..

forum and help here is great, if only i could get xbmc i could sell my atv2 and buy yall a beer;)

Forgive my ignorance but Sky Go has been referenced a couple of times during this thread. I wasn't actually aware that this was available? Is it via the Xtra Portal?

Now we have the second LCN shuffle, I'm having a general catch-up and tried to load 2.12/1.02.29 over 2.11/1.02.27 on my HD-FOX. It did not go well, the programminmg screen froze at 100% and I had to kill power to regain control. When cold-started, the LED display showed "E-OS" and the video was still on the programming pages wanting to retry. I shall cut my losses at this point and load official 1.02.29 and then 2.12.

Oh dear, same again. 1.02.29 was giving me a bad attack of the "boot up and fall back to standby" problem, and then applying 2.12 got stuck at 100% (but still programming) stage.

I shall pick this up again later, possibly try 1.02.27/2.11 again.

I also had a failed upgrade from 2.11/1.02.28 to 2.12/1.02.29, the upgrade completed and the front display changed from Cust 2.11 to 2.12 BUT no Web-If access or Telnet. so I loaded the standard 1.02.29 followed by custom 1.02.29-2.12, I also had to run diagnostics fix-flash-packages in order to get portal-xtra1, redring, undelete and 'Other' packages working

I did eventually get 1.02.29 installed and then 2.12, but still with the boot trouble (with or without the CF). I will monitor the situation, but if it carries on like this I shall go back to 1.02.27 + 2.11 (HD-FOX).

Hi,ive been away a while, is skygo now working with the hummy? previously it was skyplayer, which worked great but lacked espn snd sky1..so i continued to use on my laptop plugged into tv.
so has it now been updated for the hummy to include all the sports channels available in skygo on a laptop?

This has nothing to do with the CF version, Sky Player started working (via the portal-xtra1 package) with Humax firmware update 1.02.28 - details HERE (click) section 1.

forgive me but there is reference earlier in this threat saying that skygo is working and not sky player, so my question is.. is skygo now working with the new customer portal or is it the same as 6 months ago, ?

forgive me but there is reference earlier in this threat saying that skygo is working and not sky player, so my question is.. is skygo now working with the new customer portal or is it the same as 6 months ago, ?
I think you have a slight misconception. The custom software TV Portal extensions (in the case of Sky access) tap into a development Sky Player portal on the Humax servers that has never been released on the official HD/HDR-FOX TV Portal. It only supports what Humax were planning to release, at the time the development was taking place (and we can only guess why it is still accessible - it needn't be). This is not the same as the Sky portal available on a PC and doesn't have the facilities of the Sky portal.

Anyone been having probs with the skyplayer lately? Last few football games ive watched have been unwatchable, buffering constantly. Home Broadband is 30mb, not oversubscribed.. can stream on laptop etc OK.

Might go back to the xbox skygo app but prefer to have the handyness of using the humax one.

Back