Customised HDF file released

Is this the same as yours:

Code:
ulimit -S -c 100000000

Yes, and that's the line that's showing you the error. I'll remove it in the next build, it's only attempting to limit the size of core files and is part of the default busybox profile.

Thats what I thought - but it jut come s up unable to guess system type if I run it without - strange.....

I just tried to compile ethtool on the box and got the same things in my Makefile. Presumably the configure script doesn't play nicely with the busybox shell. I'll have a dig into it and maybe we'll need to use bash for that script.

I just tried to compile ethtool on the box and got the same things in my Makefile. Presumably the configure script doesn't play nicely with the busybox shell. I'll have a dig into it and maybe we'll need to use bash for that script.
For reference this is what I get when I run configure

humax# ./configure
checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2005-02-10, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/

If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches@gnu.org> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2005-02-10

uname -m = 7405b0-smp
uname -r = 2.6.18-7.1
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #2 SMP Mon Oct 11 21:14:31 KST 2010

/usr/bin/uname -p =
/bin/uname -X =

hostinfo =
/bin/universe =
/usr/bin/arch -k =
/bin/arch =
/usr/bin/oslevel =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = 7405b0-smp
UNAME_RELEASE = 2.6.18-7.1
UNAME_SYSTEM = Linux
UNAME_VERSION = #2 SMP Mon Oct 11 21:14:31 KST 2010
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
humax#

Got similar issues with compiling ccache 3.1.4 the makefile configure generates has some issues.

An example of where it goes wrong:

Makefile.in has this line:
CC = @CC@

Generated Makefile has this line:
CC = gccCC@

So its not removing the whole token just the first fraction of it

So its not removing the whole token just the first fraction of it

Yes, odd. I made a sed package to replace the busybox one in case that was the problem - doesn't seem to have made a difference but I've uploaded the package anyway.

Yes, odd. I made a sed package to replace the busybox one in case that was the problem - doesn't seem to have made a difference but I've uploaded the package anyway.

I'v sent a request to the automake developemnt team to see if they have come accross this before.

I found the following like in my configure script:

line = substr(line, 1, len) "" value "" substr(line, len + keylen + 3)

Changed it to:
line = substr(line, 1, len) "" value ""

Things look correct for my example above but I'm looking at the implications of this change now

I'v sent a request to the automake developemnt team to see if they have come accross this before.

Try installing the gawk package and trying again. I think it's a limitation in the busybox variant. I've installed sed, bash and gawk and mine's working ok now, but I think it's gawk that's the key.

Can confirm that it is now working - I had gawk installed already, and sed. Not quite sure what else I did except reboot the box. - Maybe that was required to get both working inplace of the busybox ones. - Guess the depends for the gcc package need updating???

Guess the depends for the gcc package need updating???

I'll add gawk and gmake as suggestions in the gcc package, but they aren't really dependencies for compiler functionality. Anyone who is doing compilation on the box will ask or find this thread anyway :)

If you installed gawk after trying the configure, then it's possible the shell still had the old path cached. Either way, it seems that autoconf scripts need gawk.

If you installed gawk after trying the configure, then it's possible the shell still had the old path cached. Either way, it seems that autoconf scripts need gawk.

Seems like thats may well be what happened.

Anyway I now have Nano and Joe's editors compiled. I'll send them over to you later.

I'll try X tomorrow :D

James

:confused: does this mean ethtool now compiles and I can have WOL??

Hats off to you guys :notworthy: - but I can do all sorts of stuff with a soldering iron!

:confused: does this mean ethtool now compiles and I can have WOL??

Hats off to you guys :notworthy: - but I can do all sorts of stuff with a soldering iron!

Just compiled ethtool, virtually every command you run against it give operation not supported apart from:
Code:
humax# ./ethtool -i eth0
driver: BCMINTMAC
version: 2.0
firmware-version:
bus-info:

Has anybody tried 'stress testing' the box to see just how much it will take before the TV picture starts to suffer?

Yesterday my box would not record the buffer and would not record programmed recording. After reset all was fine. I only run virtual disk, mediatomb, hmt decrypt

Back