Customised HDF file released

No, I am experiencing the same problem. The hmt utility is not working correctly. af123: Will PM you with details.

Works fine for me, I unprotected the HD file and copied to the /media/ext3 partition and uploaded to my pc and it worked no problem.

I'm using a file containing an ext3 file-system not bind back to a directory on the hd2 partition.

I did a diff of a non HD file and it is also different, not just the HD files.

New user here, so I start by saying thanks to everyone for their hard work, special note to af123.

I decided to join up and see what I can do to help on extending functionality on the HDR. I have a working knowledge of linux, but I am more of a web dev.

One of the first things I was hoping to tackle was to extend the web-interface with some more functionality. For one I wanted to update the 'Browse Media Files' page, filtering out irrelevant files, listing more detailed information from the hmt files, and incorporating tools to that af123 has already put in the 'hmt' and 'dedup' scripts (like de-duping/cleaning names/deleting/moving files etc). I already made a few improvements to the Scheduled Recordings page, and maybe in the future can look into the EPG too maybe...

I already had a stab at doing this with tcl/jim, then perl, but my skills lack in both areas. I got to something that worked in principle, but progress was slow and painful, plus as I want to add more advanced functionality, then I miss php or python.

On that note I have few package requests:

- GIT version control
- PHP - if it's not too hungry? :)
- Python - I saw previous requests for it on this thread, so I know it's being thought about already.

Thanks

Hey all,

I thought after the previous comment Id give an update on the EPG/Python front. A picture is worth 1000 words, so:

(I tried to embed the image but forum kept saying 'Message too long' so its now an attachment!)

Its going pretty well, main things done are:
* Parsed the EPG into a new format (much simpler, takes about 1/4 the time to load)
* Added filtering of events similar to how Django does DB filtering
* AJAX loading bits of the EPG on demand (too much to load at once really)
* Rendering as an SVG with jQuery
Anyway, it obviously still needs a lot of work but its definitely moving forward. If anyone wants source, just ask (Ill put it up somewhere (probably sourceforge) at some point).

Regarding Python on the box - have you done any work on it af123? If not, any tips/tutorials (cross-compiling & opkg) you'd recommend before I have a stab at it?

Cheers,
Nick

Attachments

• EPG.png
    EPG.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 23
If I take an HD recording, clear the protect flag, then copy it to the virtual disk using the HDR UI, I would then expect the ts files to be different but this is not what I see.
Am I missing something?

As Raydon's said, there is a bug in the hmt utility - it doesn't always manage to unprotect an HD recording. I'll release an update shortly.

As Raydon's said, there is a bug in the hmt utility - it doesn't always manage to unprotect an HD recording. I'll release an update shortly.

I've updated the package to version 1.0.1, hopefully that will fix the problems for everyone. It works for me, but then the old version worked for me too, and it apparently at least worked for fjk3489tb!

I've updated the package to version 1.0.1, hopefully that will fix the problems for everyone. It works for me, but then the old version worked for me too, and it apparently at least worked for fjk3489tb!
Sadly not. If I use the -protect option a new icon appears in the UI - a DVD with a red cross. If I then attempt to copy I get the message "The copy process of protected file is not allowed".

I'm having a few problems with virtual showing on my USB devices list when another USB drive is plugged in. It happens intermittently and I cannot find a set of circumstances that repeats the problem (I wonder if its related to the DHCP issue mentioned earlier - I use DHCP but has assigned IPs so it normally connects extremely quickly) . I can still copy things to virtual, but just not see it when I press the blue button to flip to the USB storage device.

Thanks as always for your work on this. You should add a donate button to hummypkg.

Latest update of hmt tool (version 1.0.2) working 100% for me. Thanks.

I can still copy things to virtual, but just not see it when I press the blue button to flip to the USB storage device.
I cannot access virtual on the T2 Media list unless I have a real USB device plugged in as well. Otherwise I don't get the USB option from Blue button. Is this the same for everyone. ?

- GIT version control
- PHP - if it's not too hungry? :)
- Python - I saw previous requests for it on this thread, so I know it's being thought about already.

Anything can be cross compiled for this platform and should work in some form, but it's an embedded system with very limited resources. I think that if you try and run server class applications on it like PHP or Django then it's going to suffer.

If you want to have a go at compiling packages, then there are two options. I have built a compiler package for the Humax itself (gcc package) which can be used to build software on-box (you may want the gmake package too). That's really only suitable for fairly small applications. The other option is to obtain or build a cross compiler toolchain for another system that can produce mipsel uclibc binaries - Humax have one for download on their open source page (http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/opensource.aspx) once you've registered.

Regarding Python on the box - have you done any work on it af123? If not, any tips/tutorials (cross-compiling & opkg) you'd recommend before I have a stab at it?

That's looking pretty good. I'm still slightly dubious about ever running it on the Humax itself, but it's a big leap forward towards remote scheduling. I have had a go at compiling Python (2.5) but it didn't run so I might try and compile it on the box itself. See my last post for some options for compiling packages - I have built my own toolchain using buildroot which is probably the best way to go overall.

I was thinking about whether the best solution would be to have the remote scheduling software running on an external server anyway, then get the Humax to connect to the server and pull down a list of new things to record either when it boots up or periodically. Then one could set up a dummy recording twice a day just to cause it to update the list. It would avoid having to leave it powered on all the time.

This all assumes that it's possible to inject a new recording into the reservation database anyway - has anyone tried yet? It might not be possible without killing the humaxtv process and then, with the current HDF, the box reboots. There must also be some kind of hardware timer built into the Humax to wake it up ready to record, which needs more investigation. Inserting a record into the reservation table is probably not enough.

I'm sure it's all possible but there may be a few things to tackle on the way.

I cannot access virtual on the T2 Media list unless I have a real USB device plugged in as well. Otherwise I don't get the USB option from Blue button. Is this the same for everyone. ?

Same here. I have also succeeded in removing encryption with the new hmt tool.

There also seems to be something in the sequence of events with the USB at boot - If I start the box with a 4 gig stick can always see the virtual drive (as the USB mount happens instantly) but if I have my larger terabyte drive plugged in then it can be hit and miss and I sometimes need a reboot.

Have now managed to get Samba up and running on the HDR Fox T2.

This is an smbclient session from my Foxsat-HDR to the T2
Code:
~ $ smbclient \\\\HDR-Fox-T2\\Media -N
smb: \> help
smb: \> ls             dir            du             lcd            cd          
pwd            get            mget           put            mput
rename         more           mask           del            open
rm             mkdir          md             rmdir          rd
prompt         recurse        translate      lowercase      print
printmode      queue          cancel         quit           q
exit           newer          archive        tar            blocksize
tarmode        setmode        help           ?              !
smb: \> smb: \> dir
  .                                   D        0  Mon May  9 16:59:21 2011
  ..                                  D        0  Wed May  4 23:52:30 2011
  Virtual-Disk                        D        0  Sun May  8 13:43:58 2011
  My Photo                            D        0  Fri Nov 19 23:54:16 2010
  My Music                            D        0  Fri May  6 21:57:58 2011
  My Video                            D        0  Mon May  9 10:05:52 2011
                62492 blocks of size 1024. 62492 blocks available
smb: \> smb: \> exit
This is version 2.2.12 which is the last of the version 2 series. The codebase more than doubled in size with version 3.0.0 so I didn't even attempt to compile it. I've used version 2.0.10 on the Foxsat HDR and have not had any problems with it at all.
As per mediatomb, I'll pass this on to af123. Hopefully, he will be so kind as to add it to the opkg packages hosted on his site.

Just tried out the new HD release but seem to be having problems just getting telnet up and running. Following your 1st post instructions, the log comes back with this:

Code:
Installation started
cp: cannot create '/mod/tmp/utelnetd_0.1.9_mipsel.opk': No such file or directory
Collected errors:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mod/': File exists.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mod': File exists.
* pkg_init_from_file: Failed to make temp file /utelnetd_0.1.9_mipsel.opk.control.SxsbaS: Read-only file system.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.
rm: cannot remove '/mod/tmp/utelnetd_0.1.9_mipsel.opk': No such file or directory
Installation finished

Obviously because of this telnet isnt being setup, resulting in 'connection refused'.

Any ideas/assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

It always appears in the OPT+ copy function but doesn't appear as a general USB device unless a real one is plugged in. Since it doesn't follow symlinks, a workaround would be to mount the virtual disk a second time as a directory under the My Video tree.

Anything can be cross compiled for this platform and should work in some form, but it's an embedded system with very limited resources. I think that if you try and run server class applications on it like PHP or Django then it's going to suffer.

I understand. To be honest I liked your idea of shifting all that work off to an external server and let the Humax just periodically fetch updates/schedules. Keeps things quite neat. I will do some poking to see if I can easily add a schedule.

Thanks

Any ideas/assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Thinking about it, it is very likely due to the fact that there's no disk connected at the same time as the USB drive.

Try telnetting to the Humax on port 26 - the HDF I uploaded for the HD has a "backup" server running there. I did anticipate the odd problem as I don't have one myself.

Thinking about it, it is very likely due to the fact that there's no disk connected at the same time as the USB drive.

Try telnetting to the Humax on port 26 - the HDF I uploaded for the HD has a "backup" server running there. I did anticipate the odd problem as I don't have one myself.
We're in!

Port 26 worked! Thanks for that - much appreciated...time to play :cool:

Ok, managed to get in and have a poke around. There seems to be an issue with /mod/ however.

For example, running opkg update results in:

Code:
Collected errors:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/mod/': File exists.
* rm_r: Failed to open dir : No such file or directory.

Doing ls -l shows that /mod is a symlink to mnt/hd2/mod
Trying to cd to /mod or mnt/hd2/mod results in:

Code:
-/bin/sh: cd: can't cd to mnt

Back