Customised HDF file released

That was very handy. I had not twigged that it was just the hmt file that needed to be copied, tweaked, copied back. I was expecting to be copying the whole large-number of gigabytes so thanks very much for making this clearer to me.

That was very handy. I had not twigged that it was just the hmt file that needed to be copied, tweaked, copied back. I was expecting to be copying the whole large-number of gigabytes so thanks very much for making this clearer to me.
Pleased about that. The 'Hokey Cokey' was never one of my finer points. :D

A guide to using Raydon's exellent Foxy program without modified Humax software is HERE

Black Hole, I'd be happy to host the files on this site, see my previous message on the other thread about the Wiki.

Thanks,

Michael

I've just uploaded mod version 1.10. The only change over 1.09 is the addition of a couple of hooks into the disk handling routines that can be exploited by packages...

I've just uploaded mod version 1.10. The only change over 1.09 is the addition of a couple of hooks into the disk handling routines that can be exploited by packages...
e.g. ntfs-3g which is a read/writeable ntfs file system.

Two questions about Foxy and the DLNA support. Having Foxyed the HMT file, the HiDef file does not appear to media servers - is this because it is still encyorted and if I "USB out, USB in" the file would it then appear via the DLNA/uPNP support?

Secondly, how do you determine the URL if I wanted to play the file without resorting to USB copying? Getting the URL is mentionmed on a few websites but there are no hints as to how :-(.

Thanks,
Papadeltasierra

Foxy-ing the HMT forces the Humax to treat the Hi-Def file the same as an SD file, However both Hi-def and SD files are encrypted while on the Main hard disk of the Humax, As you say a copy to USB is required in order to decrypt the files, The files can then be FTP'ed directly from the USB flash drive or External USB and played on a P.C. Hi-def files that are streamed from the Humax are subjected to a different sort of encryption (not fixed with foxy) so I'm not sure streaming is possible without 'Modified' software.

The only way to decrypt a Hi-def file is a copy to USB (or virtual drive) after Foxy (or auto unprotect). The stuff in brackets can only be done after loading 'Modified Software', However to determin the IP address of your Humax goto Menu >> Settings >> System >> internet settings

Two questions about Foxy and the DLNA support. Having Foxyed the HMT file, the HiDef file does not appear to media servers - is this because it is still encyorted and if I "USB out, USB in" the file would it then appear via the DLNA/uPNP support?

Foxy does not (cannot) enable DLNA streaming of HiDef content because the DLNA server maintains a separate media index which still flags the recording as protected. To allow streaming of HiDef content, you need to install the custom firmware and then the auto-unprotect package.

Secondly, how do you determine the URL if I wanted to play the file without resorting to USB copying?

Once auto-unprotect is installed, then with the custom firmware web interface, you can just browse to the file and click download and it will be decrypted on the fly (HiDef and StdDef). Without the custom firmware you need to browse the Humax DLNA server using a DLNA client which will show you the media URL - people have reported success with XBMC.

Ezra, thanks for that but I'm still confused. You say that after Foxying, the Humax treats both HiDef and SD as the same - in which case why do only the SD files show up when I try to play them via the DLNA server? Neither Windows Media Player nor XBMC can see the HiDef program. I appreciate that in order to play the files "directly" from a drive (or for example to FTP off a clear copy) then I need to USB copy the file (off and then back) but I thought that I didn't need to do this in order to play via DLNA.

Also, I know the IP address, but how does this tell me the URL of the file if uPDP is not working? This is probably blinding obvious to you but not to me :). I'm expecting to have to type something like:

http://192.168.0.221/my files/video/torchwood/2011-01-10 Monday.ts

...but what are the actual protocol (http), directories (my video etc.) and filename? Can I determine this by using FTP and then perhaps changing the protocol that I give to Windows Media Player?

Umm, as I type this I'm wondering if the HiDef file is not recognised because it is using a different video codec to the SD file - do I need an add-on for Windows Media Player?

Thanks,
Papadeltasierra.

Sorry for the confusion, Humax treats both HiDef and SD as the same as far as decrypting to USB only, Not in respect to DNLA, The 'auto-unprotect' af123 refers to does more than foxy in respect of DNLA but is only useable after loading 'Modified' firmware over the official Humax software. As far as I'm aware the URL of the actual file on the Humax is not required but to answer the question, you can see the file structure using FTP from a P.C. by entering into Windows file explorer :- ftp://192.168.0.221 enter logon = humaxftp and password = 0000 and you should see the file structure where your file would be at :- ftp://192.168.0.221/My Video/2011-01-10 Monday.ts (Note an external USB drive is also accessable as ftp://192.168.0.221/drive1)

Has anybody noticed that the built in DLNA server does not show all of your files?? Mine doesn't? It works well but I cannot get it to show all the files? Anybody know how to reset it? I've turned it off and on but still have about 10 folders missing, ts files missing from the root and sporadic files missing in folders??

Reason I say this is I'm still unsuccessful with media tomb and mp4 files, it won't stream them at all. The built in DLNA works out of the box playing all my mp4's but the damn thing doesn't show all my files??

Thanks in advance, Jon.

To reset it, turn it off and remove the /mnt/hd2/dms_cds.db file from the disk, then turn it back on again and wait for that file to be recreated and stop growing.

Sometimes it seems to miss files instead of indexing them...

I've tried this fix? dms_cds.db seems to get stuck at 1.6Mb. Then the box freezes and I have to switch off on the back. Any ideas?? If I leave the file, will it keep adding to the DB or is it only populated when you activate the content share?

Thanks, Jon.

Back