Customised HDF file released

Another question? Is it possible to change the name of the "virtual" directory to something more wife friendly?? "Media Share" would be nice, but if you could push me in the right direction I'll amend myself rather than anybody changing the default install.

Thanks, Jon.

Is it possible to change the name of the "virtual" directory to something more wife friendly?? "Media Share" would be nice, but if you could push me in the right direction I'll amend myself rather than anybody changing the default install
Warning: Before attempting this, you should note that other packages are also configured to look for the virtual disk in that location (e.g. samba, mediatomb etc.). The configuration of these packages would also need to be changed.
Code:
cd /mod/etc/init.d
./S89virtual-disk stop
Then edit S89virtual-disk - change the fourth line from mpoint=virtual to mpoint="Media Share"
Code:
.S89virtual-disk start

Note that this file may be overwritten if an update is made to the virtual-disk package (unless you freeze the package on your machine).

Hi there im new to this forum. Firstly thanks to arf123 for the hard work. Ive managed to install the firmware on my HD-FOX T2 and all the extra plugins. However I need some help. After installing samba I can now access all the recorded programs on the PC, they have all been decrypted aswel as I cant see the ENC sign on them any more, however for some reason I cant play the .ts files in VLC player. Ive also installed mediatomb and added some recordings to my listing however when I load the files on my ps3 it say out of memory....can anyone help with this. Thanks in advance.

Hi there im new to this forum. Firstly thanks to arf123 for the hard work. Ive managed to install the firmware on my HD-FOX T2 and all the extra plugins. However I need some help. After installing samba I can now access all the recorded programs on the PC, they have all been decrypted aswel as I cant see the ENC sign on them any more, however for some reason I cant play the .ts files in VLC player. Ive also installed mediatomb and added some recordings to my listing however when I load the files on my ps3 it say out of memory....can anyone help with this. Thanks in advance.
The reason that your recordings won't play with VLC is that they are encrypted. The fact that your recordings don't have the ENC sign doesn't mean that they have been decrypted, as the HD-FOX T2 will not do this in the same way that the HDR-FOX T2 will.

Hi Brian thanks for your quick response. So basically with the HD-FOX T2, there is no way to playback / convert these files?
Also if I were to purchase the HDR-FOX T2 then do the file's play by default in VLC/PS3 or do they need to be converted?

Thank again.

As above, the HD-FOX is crippled with respect to decrypting recordings etc. You will need to run "HDR mode" to get anywhere at all. Most of the chat re modded software is on this HDR forum, but for getting up to speed take a look at the HD-FOX forum thread HERE (click).

In case you've not yet seen it, there is a way to decrypt files on the HD-FOX T2. Not that straightforward, but possible! Details are at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Decrypt_recordings_on_the_HD-FOX_T2

Hi Drutt, Thanks! I did manage to find your how to guide last night. I will look to doing this when I get a little time. Looks simple enough from your guide though. Are you still working on further enhancing the hdr mode so it gives more of the hdr functionalities?

Are you still working on further enhancing the hdr mode so it gives more of the hdr functionalities?
It would be great if we could work out how to fool it further into thinking the internal drive is connected, then recording and the DLNA server should work. You could then just stay in "HDR mode". Can't say I've got much time to look at it for a couple of weeks at least though :(

I've just uploaded mod 1.11. This adds a reservation sync service to the startup code which is used by the remote scheduling interfaces.

Hello all,

I'm presently having a problem with the Samba file share functionality. I'm accessing it via my Ubuntu netbook to play unencrypted content via VLC - it seems much simpler to do it this way than by playing through mediatomb or Humax standard Upnp DLNA server as I get errors about codecs etc.. I'm also using the Samba share to download/upload content to/from my android phone as again, it's more reliable than using the FTP server options.

The problem I'm having however is that maybe 20 odd minutes in to watching a video on my netbook, the share gets disconnected. This also appears as a dropped file transfer when transferring a file to my phone. When it happens in both cases, I verify that the network is still up and I can get to the web over wireless, also the Humax Box is still on and hasn't crashed.

I'm afraid I don't have version numbers to hand at present, but I'll make sure I'm using the most up to date version of the software when I get back home this evening. Thoughts or suggestions in the interim?

Cheers!

At a guess I'd imagine it's some sort of network dropout probably related to your wifi connection. Try it over a wired connection to see if the same happens. Try checking the logs on your router to see if drops are being logged. Make sure you are using a wifi channel that is not being interfered with and change your wifi setting accordingly. Remember higher channel numbers are less able to penetrate obstacles and generallt travel further. This is why virtually every router picks channel 1 as default.

@af123 I think it might be best calling these Custom Firmwares to avoid the confusion with the packages that are also termed as mods.

I'm perhaps missing something here.

I'm trying to copy a decrypted .ts off via FTP (uzing Filezilla).

I've installed 1.11 and the vitual-disk package. I copy the file to the virtual disk via OPT+ on the remote, and it seems to copy, except when I view the location via FTP there's nothing there.

I tried copying the original file afterwards, just in case it got copied back after decrypting, but no it still wouldn't play (one I copied to USB does), and the modification date hasn't changed on the file anyway.

Can anyone correct my dumbness please??

Edit: I should mention that it's SD (I live in the dark south and don't get HD until next year ), so no need to Foxy it or Auto-Unprotect.

Cheers.
Simon

Are you sure the file copy operation to the virtual disk completed before you tried to access it with Filezilla? Even copying SD files to virtual takes some time. When completed, the 'copying' message will disappear from the Hummy's filing page and there should be 4 files on the virtual drive, but nothing appears there until the copy operation is complete.

Using the OPT+ function in the web interface is actually much simpler and does the job in a single operation. To use it, you need to turn on media sharing in the Hummy's menu.

*sigh*

Yes, I was being impatient. It was only a 400MB file, and the 'Copying' message had gone from the screen, but I should have waited a little longer I guess.

Thanks about the 'Media Sharing' thing, I'd missed that.

Using the OPT+ function in the web interface is actually much simpler and does the job in a single operation. To use it, you need to turn on media sharing in the Hummy's menu.

So this decrypts 'on the fly' as well if Media Sharing is enabled? I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I did download a file via OPT+ on the web interface last night and it was still encypted.

Sorry of I am asking questions that are already answered numerous times. I have searched, but there's no 'Search Thread' option, so I get too many hits.

I should have mentioned - you also need to be running auto-uprotect on the Hummy to remove all the Enc flags. You can install this through 'Package Management'. It's a recurring timed process, so give it an hour or so to work its way through all the files on your Hummy. When it's done, there should be no 'Enc' icons visible in 'Browse Media Files'. Leave it running permanently in the background to clear new files as they are recorded.

Back