[dlna-filter] Filter out DLNA traffic to prevent crashes.

Are there any 'Settings' associated with dlna-filter ?, I have the /mod/etc/init.d/S02dlna-filter line in place but was wondering if there were any other parameters needed such as an IP address or something

No, it filters from all IP addresses. Doesn't affect things like decryption or NAS access though.

Edit: There is now a section in the settings screen for configuring the IP address of the offending NAS.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - I have been hoping for something like this!

Just updated CF and Webif etc. - installed the dlna-filter package - rebooted - turned on Twonky in the NSA310 AND no reboots on the HDR yet - magic stuff.

NAS access still working (I save films from the HDR) just wait to confirm the decryption still works and I will be one happy bunny.

Out of curiosity: does this package prevent the HDR-FOX DLNA client seeing external servers?

I also have a nsa310 media server and installed the package to the Humax and turned content share back on.
The Humax as now stopped crashing every time in starts. But I still can not see the Humax on the network.
I am assuming that this package is not intended for that purpose just to stop the humax crashing or am I missing something here!

The main purpose is to allow content sharing to be turned on, so that things like decryption of recordings can work properly, even with an incompatible media (DLNA) server on the network.

It should still be possible to access the Humax from the network in a number of different ways though, what are you trying and what isn't working?

I have a Samsung Smart TV, a Samsung Tab 2 and a Galaxy Phone all can not see the Humax. I want to access content I placed on it on these devices.
Before installing the package with content share on I was able to do this, but of cause the Humax crashed mainly when turning it on, but also using Iplayer.
This package just seems to do what the content share off did. I take into account what you say about "decryption" although I did not have any problem with it.
This is not a big issue but I would like to access the files on the humax via other devises and not just the Humax it's self.
I realise it's the twocky v7 software at fault and admire all the hard work you all have put into this custom software project so sorry for the moan.

Are you trying to access the Humax via DLNA? If so then the package could well be interfering.
I will make a more specific version where you can enter the IP address of your NAS/media server and it will only block traffic from that.

Yes I mainly use Media House and Dlna Player (Android). If there better apps available please let me know.
That sounds okay because I can use the TV to access the NAS contents where before I used the Humax. Thanks for your time and effort.

I will make a more specific version where you can enter the IP address of your NAS/media server and it will only block traffic from that.

Just thinking ahead, it may be worth allowing for multiple IP addresses. Somebody is bound to have more than one DLNA server!

Just thinking ahead, it may be worth allowing for multiple IP addresses. Somebody is bound to have more than one DLNA server!
You're right. Somebody will probably need that!

For now I've uploaded version 1.0.1 which has a new box on the settings page where you can enter the IP address of your DLNA server. The default is for that box to be empty in which case all DLNA servers will be filtered.

I'll update again to allow for multiple servers.

Am I doing something wrong? When I enter the IP address of my WDMyCloud (which runs Twonky v7.x), or any IP address for that matter, there doesn't appear to be enough space.

I.E. Address 192.168.0.102, but I can only get 192.168.0.10 in the entry box.

EDIT: Cross post with af123 and the latest version works OK. Thanks.

I would just like to say a big thank you to "af123" and "rowanmoor" for developing this package. The final version 101 is now enabling me to access the Humax on all my devices and of cause as stopped the Humax crashing which was the big bugbear.
I can even play content recorded on the Humax via DLNA on the TV, which I thought I could not do!
Also I can still see the NAS on the Humax and play files from it. I thought the filter would stop this happening! I thought the filter would stop the Humax from seeing the NAS.

If I am correct, you won't be able to play the content on the NAS by DLNA on the Humax, but Samba shares are unaffected.

I'd just like to add my thanks - very useful, and incredibly timely in respect of some changes I've just made to my AV setup!

The settings for dlna-filter appear to allow you to specify a list of addresses to blacklist.
Would it be possible to allow a list of addresses to whitelist please?

Back