Edit History

The forum software has been upgraded to 1.3.5, and we now have the post edit history feature, but this is only visible to the admin and moderation team.

There's been some kind of change - I now have WYSIWYG editing + tool bar in iOS (this morning I still had to use BB code editing, as I have always done), so the forum software must have been updated... presumably this brings post edit tracking with it, so if there are any disputes the mods will be able to see who did what and when.

(posted simultaneously with Brian's post above)

Where have the smilies etc. gone? W7 ie11 And why is the text in the reply box so small? This is a retrograde step!!

They will appear at the bottom of the reply box if you select the smiley in the toolbar. (In iOS)

Thank you very much for that, but I did say that I was using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 in which there appears to be no such 'toolbar'. But it's nice to know that someone has found something that iOS can do. (Now I need a smiley and a microscope so that I can read the text in the reply box.)

Where have the smilies etc. gone? W7 ie11 And why is the text in the reply box so small? This is a retrograde step!!

Hi Trev

Yes the reply box is smaller, but text is the same size on my W7 and firefox. :doublethumbsup:

Also there is a smilie icon in the tool bar, it is 14 from the left or 7 from the right. :D

.And the smilies are arranged in a horizontal format, which is much better for me. :clap:

Unless BH was given admin rights to update all posts. Obviously BH is the kind of person who would not intentionally abuse this but to ensure there was no accidental abuse prpr and Ezra Pound could also be given full admin rights to change any contentious updates back to the original.
It's a thought, but I think giving admin rights to us three (or any one of the three) would generate a great deal more of Trev's favourite 'B Word'
Edit
't' added to the end of 3rd. word

Last edited:
OK, it's 14 from the left or 7 from the right. But where is the toolbar? I don't have one. It used to be immediately above the reply box didn't it?

OK, It's there in FF but why has it gone from my IE11?:frantic: I havn't changed anything my end.
The reply text in FF is also the same size as the main forum text, but a lot smaller in IE11

Last edited:
Do you have a "Use Rich Text Editor" link just below the reply box?

2014-08-20%2010_43_33-Edit%20History%20_%20Page%203%20_%20hummy.tv%20_%20a%20discussion%20forum%20and%20help%20reference%20for%20own.png

No. Just the usual three Post Reply etc. buttons. Nor do I have Use Rich Text Editor in FF.

Strange. The edit box is now presented in an iframe which might be causing the issue but I don't know why. Do you get anything more interesting via the More Options button which, for me, loads a dedicated reply screen.

No, just the same as FF, the usual three buttons and the 'Watch' check boxes, bur no toolbar in IE.
EDIT: Its not my privacy or popup blocker that's stopping it either. The toolbar is also missing from the Edit box that I am using now.

Maybe you could use Firefox or Opera for this site, both of which work fine (typical microsoft problem, one of the resons I never use it).

OK, but you don't have to use Tapatalk, do you? Why not access the forum via a web browser?

What's strange is that it is present on my 32 bit version of IE11.:)
Why should I use FF when for some strange reason I prefer IE.:duel:
@ Keith There was not a problem before the change of the forum software, so why are you blaming Microsoft?:(
And why can't I get rid of the smileys when I have finished using them?

Back