Edit History

Why should I use FF when for some strange reason I prefer IE.:duel:
@ Keith There was not a problem before the change of the forum software, so why are you blaming Microsoft?:(
And why can't I get rid of the smileys when I have finished using them?

IE has a history of problems with web browsing, on some of the web sites I ran it often caused problems with formatting.

2014 Chrome IE Firefox Safari Opera
July 59.8 % 8.5 % 24.9 % 3.5 % 1.7 %
June 59.3 % 8.8 % 25.1 % 3.7 % 1.8 %
May 59.2 % 8.9 % 24.9 % 3.8 % 1.8 %
April 58.4 % 9.4 % 25.0 % 4.0 % 1.8 %
March 57.5 % 9.7 % 25.6 % 3.9 % 1.8 %
February 56.4 % 9.8 % 26.4 % 4.0 % 1.9 %
January 55.7 % 10.2 % 26.9 % 3.9 % 1.8 %

And as an be seen IE only has 8.5% of the market at the moment. Chrome has a big share, but I think this is due to a number of downloadable software downloading it unless you tick a box to not download - a very shadey practice IMHO.

It looks like iOS can't do strike through then. Good job there aren't many users.:duel:

An awful lot of the above would have been more relevant in the Xenforo 1.3.5 topic.

Testing

Last edited:
Nag, Nag, Nag. You are of course correct. I'll just pop back and edit out all my posts then.;)

Forum users may have noticed "Last edited" flags appearing near the bottom right hand corner of some posts. This is a new feature introduced with the recent upgrade to the forum software.

The current forum setting will allow a user to edit their own post within 5 minutes without the flag appearing, but edits made after 5 minutes have elapsed, will result in a Last edited flag being added.

All edits are now recorded, even edits made within the 5 minute period, but these are only visible to the admin and moderation team.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
I used to have the toolbar before they changed the forum software version :=(

I only have 32bit IE 11 on my 64bit laptop, this does show the toolbar.
I have 64bit Firefox 34 which does shows the toolbar, as does 32bit Firefox 33.

Is there a 32 bit and 64 bit version of IE11?
It's only on my 64 bit lappy that I have the problem.
32 bit is OK as is FF on both my machines.
I am prepared to accept that it's a setting on my IE on my 64 bit, but I haven't changed anything. If it's a setting, which one would it be likely to be?

Forum users may have noticed "Last edited" flags appearing near the bottom right hand corner of some posts. This is a new feature introduced with the recent upgrade to the forum software.

The current forum setting will allow a user to edit their own post within 5 minutes without the flag appearing, but edits made after 5 minutes have elapsed, will result in a Last edited flag being added.

All edits are now recorded, even edits made within the 5 minute period, but these are only visible to the admin and moderation team.

Generally a good move, but for information, these do not show in Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generally a good move, but for information, these do not show in Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have just checked using Tapatalk HD on my iPad, and I can't see them either. I don't normally use Tapatalk HD, I much prefer to access the forum using my normal Mercury Browser on my iPad.

Are they that important then. The facility was only introduced on the behest of the 'bickerers'. So they can use a sensible browser to see when the 'culprit' edited their posts to make the other one look silly, whilst the rest of us don't give a toss.

Edited just because I can and those using Tapatalk can't se that I have done so ;=)

Last edited:
Back