EPG still showing summer time

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
As above - snapshot taken at 10:52 this morning but epg shows 11:52. Rebooted both boxes but still the same.
Capture 26-10-2020 10_52_23.jpg
Edit: Humax itself is fine

Presumably the same bug is what is affecting any manual event timers created during this week?

Same problem also applies to the WebIf on my Foxsat HDRs.

Presumably the same bug is what is affecting any manual event timers created during this week?

Same problem also applies to the WebIf on my Foxsat HDRs.
It appears that there are other side effects on the Foxsat-HDR: Both my two boxes have started dropping the custom channel configuration every night, eg removing non-Freesat channels and any custom channel names and visibility from the lineup.

So after this week we're safe until 2040, except that the year 2038 limitation will kill it...

How does this manifest itself with respect to recordings etc? Does this mean all our recordings this week will be an hour out? And can we somehow frig the timezone this week (only) to tide us over?
By which I mean.... could we change the TZ environment variable before the Humax software starts so that it knows we're in GMT:
Code:
humax3# TZ='GMT+0'
humax3# date "2020-10-25 00:59"
Sun Oct 25 00:59:00 GMT 2020
humax3# date "2020-10-25 01:00"
Sun Oct 25 01:00:00 GMT 2020

Last edited:
IIRC we decided it doesn't cause any problems - it's only a presentation issue.
This is correct, based on my observations tonight:

I used WebIF to schedule a recording for tonight, for a programme 22.00-23.00, but the scheduler warned of a conflict with an existing schedule for 23.00-00.00 set up before the clock change. The WebIF schedule viewer also showed these as in the same hour. The unit itself (HD-FOX) is recording the 22.00 programme correctly, and shows the correct times in the schedule viewer and on the EPG.

One issue I found earlier this evening is that Auto Processing is still running on BST. I disabled it for an hour but it still ran a decrypt that I wanted to delay and the time stamp was an hour ahead. This will probably only affect a minority but I thought I should mention it.

Auto Processing is still running on BST
I think you are correct.
I have noticed also that a new Manual Event created using the WebIf (to run auto processing in the wee small hours) has a start time that is 1hr later than input.
I expect this will return to normal after Sunday when the clock change date leaves the EPG.

"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem" - Trillian (Hitchhiker's Guide)

That about wraps it up for this lifetime then...
Don't you think you have another 20 years in you? Will there be any HDR-FOX units still in operation in 2038 or 2040? Will the parts of the earth that aren't underwater or desert be inhabited by roaming packs of zombies? Perhaps we should have a poll?

Maybe that was a reference to the idea we won't be having any more clock changes, or that we will all be dead from SARS-CoV-2.

Don't you think you have another 20 years in you? Will there be any HDR-FOX units still in operation in 2038 or 2040? Will the parts of the earth that aren't underwater or desert be inhabited by roaming packs of zombies? Perhaps we should have a poll?
I think it is more likely that some of us will be discussing the effects of covid-3x rather than the HDR-FOX T2.

Back