Failed Recording of New BBC Four HD Channel

I have set a timer to record Byzantium: A Tale of Three Cities on BBC Four HD at 21:00 tonight. I will report later of the outcome.

HTH

Edit: Recording in progress. I can see the recording file size increasing in the WebIf.
Edit Edit: Full recording is showing in the media list and is in the process of being decrypted as I write this.
Edit Edit Edit: Confirmed. The full programme recorded, been decrypted and moved by sweeper to the Misc folder. I have played the entire recording (fast scan) and appears to be 100% OK. No problems here as far as I can tell.

Update: Yesterday morning I set 'Sounds of the 70's' to record on BBC Four HD, and that one has worked. All recordings set the day before failed. Tentatively hoping the issue is now fixed...

Has anyone else had issues trying to record programmes on the new BBC Four HD channel?

I set my box to record Hidden Killers last night, and today it was shown as failed with zero minutes recorded.

And tonight it has done it again whilst trying to record Patisserie with Michel Roux Jr.

I noticed that when it was supposedly recording the programme it did not appear in the media list, but appeared after it had finished and then as a failed recording.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

I have the same problem. After retuning, the new channels (BBC 4 HD, BBC News HD and Al Jazeera HD; haven't tried BBC3 HD) display the live programme normally with the Humax HDR Fox T2 but BBC 4 HD failed to timer-record Hidden Killers or Byzantium last night (showing recording failed and less than 30 sec recorded). But I just tried timer-recording 5 minutes of BBC News HD and it worked perfectly. Just tried the same with BBC4 HD and it failed again. Before the retune it always recorded BBC2 HD and BBC1 HD perfectly; not sure yet if it still does.

After the retune it timer-recorded a radio programme on BBC Radio 3 perfectly. Is the problem confined to BBC4 HD? And if so, why does the Fox display BBC4 HD perfectly but not record it?

I receive from Crystal Palace and signal quality shows as 100%, signal strength 78%.

...Humax HDR Fox T2 but BBC 4 HD failed to timer-record Hidden Killers or Byzantium last night (showing recording failed and less than 30 sec recorded)...

As posted above, I also set a timer recording for Byzantium, and it recorded without a hitch. Winter Hill transmitter so perhaps its is region specific???

However, I guess I/we are lucky as there are quite a few posts about this issue so there 'must be something going on'.

I tested my YouView box last night as they asked me to provide more info on the problem, and I set it to record 4 BBC Four HD programmes last night and all of them failed!

I will wait and see what they and/or Digital UK come up with to fix it!

I tested my YouView box last night as they asked me to provide more info on the problem, and I set it to record 4 BBC Four HD programmes last night and all of them failed!

I will wait and see what they and/or Digital UK come up with to fix it!

If Wallace's recording from Winter Hill worked and mine from Crystal Palace didn't, that suggests the problem is indeed region-specific.

I just checked and found that BBC2 HD timer-records properly, as it did before the retune.

Further experimentation shows that *instant* recording of BBC4 HD also fails, and - worse still! :( - so does recording of BBC4 in standard definition. But I'll try again when the channel is showing more than its "This is BBC4" placeholder.

I have now also emailed Digital UK.

You can't record a service that is off-air, there is no TS stream to record hence the zero length recording.

I scheduled a recording of the Plácido Domingo's Gala Concert on BBC FOUR HD tonight, and it seems to have recorded OK from Winter Hill.

Set up a test tonight & successfully recorded the half hour news bulletin on BBC 4 HD from Crystal Palace transmitter.

Looks like what ever was wrong has been fixed :)

Gerry

I think it must have been teething problems with the new HD channels, the issues we had have also stopped.

Well my test recordings (both BBC Four HD (106) and BBC Four SD (9) and all worked perfectly, so looks like Greecian was right when he said they must have fixed something!

Not seen any comment from BBC to say what the issue was!

Now need to do a test on my YouView box tonight and then can let them know!

Hmm Family Guy on BBC Three HD failed last night. Same 'less than 30 seconds' error. So there is still something going on...

I can't record BBC Three HD using any recording option. Instant, One off AR, Series or full manual timer. This applies to both HDR FOX T2 and HD Fox T2. This is also reported by Barry at My Humax. Strangely no issues with the companion CBBC HD channel. I don't have COM 7 so can't check BBC FOUR HD.

Well my test recordings (both BBC Four HD (106) and BBC Four SD (9) and all worked perfectly, so looks like Greecian was right when he said they must have fixed something!

Not seen any comment from BBC to say what the issue was!

Now need to do a test on my YouView box tonight and then can let them know!

Mine seems to have recovered spontaneously too: I was able to record Frozen Planet and Borgen from BBC4 HD last night. I'd be interested to know the reason for the initial glitch though.

My YouView box failed to record the 2 test recordings of Borgen III on BBC Four last night (one on SD and one on HD), so no idea what is going on,i was hoping it was fixed!

No issues on Freesat. Problen is restricted to Freeview and so far seems confined to Humax boxes. HD Fox T2, HDR FOX T2 and HDR2000T

Back