Failed Recording of New BBC Four HD Channel

Has anyone else had issues trying to record programmes on the new BBC Four HD channel?

I set my box to record Hidden Killers last night, and today it was shown as failed with zero minutes recorded.

And tonight it has done it again whilst trying to record Patisserie with Michel Roux Jr.

I noticed that when it was supposedly recording the programme it did not appear in the media list, but appeared after it had finished and then as a failed recording.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

Signal strength was only showing 1 bar on the patisserie show so we had to watch it on SD, but even that was showing a lot of break up.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Signal strength was only showing 1 bar on the patisserie show so we had to watch it on SD, but even that was showing a lot of break up.

Sent from my GT-I9300
Which transmitter are you tuned to? It looks like there are currently problems with Belmont, See link HERE

I've had the only two recordings I've tried on BBC 4 HD fail last night. Patisserie & Balmoral. According to the box they failed because 'Recordings (less than 30secs) may not be stored' . We're on the Crystal Palace transmitter.

BBC screwed up?

Edit: No problems with any picture break up...Signal strength currently 82%, Quality 100%

I was channel hopping and landed on BBC Four HD and started to watch Patisserie with Michel Roux Jr. Although I wasn't recording it at the time (TS buffer not withstanding), I didn't have any problems. PQ was excellent and no breakups. We are on the Winter Hill transmitter.

I am on Crystal Palace and as Greecian said no picture break up, also i tired to record manually last night, and it worked, although it said it was recording the following programme not the one that was being broadcast!

Sounds like issues with the new MUX Com7!

Looks like I will have to revert to SD for now!

As my T2 was busy with Tudor Farm and Lucan, I set Michel Roux to record from BBC4 on my old 9200 last night, padded with +3 and +5. It failed with a 57-second recording. (Sandy Heath)

I retuned my box yesterday - after saving I was asked which region I would like - I selected London - haven't been asked this question before.
Reception is fine but schedule recordings from BBC3HD and BBC4HD failed. I get a message like ' under 30 seconds may not be stored'.
I can manually record from these channels by using the buttons on the remote.
Also schedule recordings from other channels still works.
So presumably it's the new channels, but why fail on schedule and not manually?

I retuned my box yesterday - after saving I was asked which region I would like - I selected London - haven't been asked this question before.
Reception is fine but schedule recordings from BBC3HD and BBC4HD failed. I get a message like ' under 30 seconds may not be stored'.
I can manually record from these channels by using the buttons on the remote.
There seem to be a number of similar reports; maybe something wrong with the transmitted meta data that accurate recording relies on?

Our signal from Belmont is always around 72% strength with 100% quality.

Since the retune though for the extra HD channels our signal strength on channel 30 is 67%.

Channel 33 is only 61% which I'm hoping is enough for decent viewing.

I'm hoping this won't have an adverse effect and last nights issue was at the transmitter as it was affecting SD BBC4 too.

In most locations 61% is more than adequate. Anything over 50% should be OK and we have worked with a signal below 30% for extended periods without significant problems.

As long as the strength is less than 100, it's the quality figure that matters (observed over a few minutes in case there are erratic dips). Indeed, even if strength is 100, it is still the quality figure that matters - except the thinking is that a small increase in strength can cause the quality to crash.

I've had the only two recordings I've tried on BBC 4 HD fail last night. Patisserie & Balmoral. According to the box they failed because 'Recordings (less than 30secs) may not be stored' . We're on the Crystal Palace transmitter.

BBC screwed up?

Edit: No problems with any picture break up...Signal strength currently 82%, Quality 100%

Tried recording 'Sounds of the 70's' on BBC 4 HD at 19.00 tonight. :-

(1) The red ring on the box lit up and was red for the whole hour.
(2) The red dot on the 'i' button and on the guide was on for the whole hour.
(3) The red dot and the programme did not show in the media listing.
(4) At the end of the programme, the show wasn't shown in the media listing as being recorded.

Edit:-On checking this morning, the programme now shows in 'media' at '0' minutes with the same
message as before.

The box records all other stations normally.

Gerry

Back