Faulty Preamp PSU Caused Humax Reception Problems on Some Muxes

1.03.13. Yes, I know it should be the same, other than the iPlayer fix.
We don't have much collective experience of 1.03.13, because it is of no value* and unsupported by CF, so we don't know what "damage" Humax might have done with it. The equivalent release for HD-FOX is abominable.

I'd feel happier reverting to 1.03.12 but this doesn't seem to be available from Humax
Hmm. I was about to say "that's not a problem" and post the link to the downloads page on the wiki https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads, but I see there is a problem in that the links are broken. Ditto https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads2. @prpr @af123 @Ezra Pound

As this is unusual behaviour for our PVR (although, as noted on another thread, when moving recordings between folders, about 1 in 20 times, it does the same) I assume this is due to the modified firmware.
It's not. We have enough collective experience to know the CF is not the problem, unless you're doing something with it which explores unusual and/or poorly tested corners of the Humax code. If you're not running exotic packages, then there's no problem beyond those Humax left us with (lousy network stack).

Something known to trigger crashes are other DLNA servers on the home network, and you can eliminate those as a cause by disconnecting the HDR from the network.

It's very unlikely you will resolve these crashes by re-installing standard firmware, but you will want to try it, so...

is this still the best/only way to get back to manufacturer's firmware?
What do you mean "still"? Re-flashing with standard firmware is the only way (how else???). We do have a beta package which can reflash from an image file (not involving the USB), but that's still a reflash.

There is a longer process if you wish to remove every trace of CF including from the HDD, which is most conveniently done before reflashing, but you don't need to do that if all you're trying to do is revert the firmware.

Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

* 1.03.13 of no value? No, not to anyone, any more. CF users could work around the problem of 1.03.12 (outdated access credentials for BBC iPlayer), but whether with CF or with 1.03.13, iPlayer no longer works on HDR-FOX or HD-FOX due to incompatibilities with the built-in browser. So 1.03.13 (1.03.03 for HD-FOX) has no value now, even if it did before.

Last edited:
I see there is a problem in that the links are broken.

unless you're doing something with it which explores unusual and/or poorly tested corners of the Humax code.

you can eliminate those as a cause by disconnecting the HDR from the network.

What do you mean "still"?
Hopefully those broken links can be fixed.

Not doing anything unusual - just trying to use the PVR as we normally do using the remote handset.

LAN has been disconnected since reinstalling in TV cabinet as cable to powerline adapter wouldn't reach.

I'd assumed I could simply re-install manufacturer's firmware (as if updating same) ie without having to go via RMA mode; thought I'd double-check latest state-of-knowledge before potentially creating further problems! (Worrying what you say about the latest HD-Fox T2 firmware.)

Worrying what you say about the latest HD-Fox T2 firmware
Things Every...:
1.03.13 (HDR) / 1.03.03 (HD) restore iPlayer functionality, and were made available for download from the Humax website as of 20/03/2021. These firmwares update 1.03.12/1.03.02 with new certificates. It is no secret I regard this as remarkable, considering the length of time these models have been out of warranty. Humax first made a version of 1.03.12 available privately, with updated certificates, and this seemed to be satisfactory, but release of 1.03.13/1.03.03 has been accompanied by a new build of the executable which has proven unsatisfactory for HD-FOX: there are issues with the time it takes to change channel, and significant loss of synchronisation between sound and vision for many minutes (it catches up in the end)*. This does not appear to affect the HDR-FOX build 1.03.13.
Detail: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/official-humax-firmware-1-03-13-hdr-fox-1-03-03-hd-fox.10165/

I'd assumed I could simply re-install manufacturer's firmware (as if updating same) ie without having to go via RMA mode
Correct. RMA just sanitises everything prior to flashing, it's not necessary unless you want to remove all traces from the HDD (and flash packages from NV).

Spent an interesting hour e-chatting with Humax UK support trying to get hold of v1.03.12 during which they directed me to https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads ...where, as previously advised, the link to the official firmware doesn't work.

Ivan very keen to help (until his shift ended at 13:00, of course) and will endeavour to find and e-mail me firmware. Directed him to Things Every/Firmware Revisions/Version History/1.03.13... in support of wish to use .12 rather than latest .13 and lobbying for .12 to be reinstated as current firmware on their webpage.

Ivan seemed to think OTA update is still available for HDR-Fox T2 but I'm not so sure.

He suggested a "factory reset" in the hope it will reinstate .12 (hmm...). Not sure if this is the same as RMA mode. Whatever, must retain recordings - and preferably schedule.

Ivan seemed to think OTA update is still available for HDR-Fox T2 but I'm not so sure.
OTA updates stopped several years ago.
He suggested a "factory reset" in the hope it will reinstate .12 (hmm...). Not sure if this is the same as RMA mode. Whatever, must retain recordings - and preferably schedule.
A factory reset will not change the firmware version.

... lobbying for .12 to be reinstated as current firmware on their webpage.

Perhaps lobbying for the iPlayer app to be fixed would be productive if you have a valid contact. Apparently even newer platforms have been having trouble recently ("why you should never buy a Smart TV").

I don't think OTA update exists for any platform now, because the manufacturers expect to use the internet. That's not to say that an OTA update couldn't be delivered for some platform at some normally unacceptable cost to the vendor.

Last edited:
Spent an interesting hour e-chatting with Humax UK support trying to get hold of v1.03.12 during which they directed me to https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
:lol: I suspect the support guy was just googling.

Definitely not, which makes you wonder where they get their information from. Could it be Google?

He suggested a "factory reset" in the hope it will reinstate .12 (hmm...).
:rolling: Quality! I think that demonstrates the usefulness of contacting Humax for technical support (at least for non-current models).

Found this: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/F...ew-plus-Digital-Recorder-Firmware-10312.shtml Clicking DOWNLOAD NOW tab takes you to two options one of which is "(US)". Thoughts?
Looks OK to me – "US" just means where the file server happens to be, the other link being a mirror server (with potentially faster download speeds if it is more local). The download should be a .hdf file. Just run SHA1 on the .hdf and I'll edit this post with the correct hash in a few minutes.

Update: the SHA1 hash for the 1.03.12 firmware is dfc458b52c66754092a1bedbba57ab9385eb74c4

Last edited:
I'd urge you to install the Custom Firmware on both your HDR-Fox-T2's. The reboot issue is likely unrelated, but the CF diagnostics tools will be more useful than reverting to the stock firmware.

I think I have the .zip file for HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12 with the .txt file embedded that states
Humax HDR-FOX T2 Software Details & Release Notes

Application version: FHTCP1.03.12
Loader version: a7.3x
Micom version: 9.3
System id: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014 (as will appear in the System Information menu)
which I'll happily PM to you.
Ideally if someone else can confirm it is the correct one.
{I'll gladly donate it to the forum for archive, future downloads, too - if that is desirable.}

The upgrade .hdf file is dated 11/02/2014 and time 10:02 ... if that tells anything.

I'd urge you to install the Custom Firmware on both your HDR-Fox-T2's.
Yes, that is the long-term recommendation, but the OP still needs to prove to himself the CF isn't to blame for his crashes.

I'll gladly donate it to the forum for archive, future downloads, too - if that is desirable.
The resources are in captivity, they're just inaccessible at the moment because Google changed the policy on Google Drive and things need tweaking to make them accessible to everyone (rather than just the owner) again.

E-mail from Ivan at Humax:

Hi there

Thank you for contacting Humax.
I hope that the Factory reset did the trick for you.
If it did just ignore the below :)

I reached out to management with the software roll back issue.
The resolution we had (the link) appears to be "broken" just like the one we found on the blog. It's probably the same one.
This was reported last week by someone, and we already reached out to the correct department with the issue.
At this time, we are waiting for a response.

Best Regards

Do you have the DLNA server active and is there another DLNA server on the network?
(i) DLNA server disabled/not running and, (ii) not to my knowledge. In any case, no network connection to PVR since returning to service lunchtime Saturday until about 17:00 today during which time 26 instances.

link to the downloads page on the wiki https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads, but I see there is a problem in that the links are broken.
Where should they point to, if Humax have deleted all the stuff from their various sites?
I expect someone would be (professionally) offended if I pointed it all to my personal Dropbox pages.
That page is a bad hack. It just pointed all the links to a different server, regardless of whether the files existed thereon or not.
And we all know where editing the Wiki gets us, don't we...
(Don't start sentences with And.)

the CF diagnostics tools will be more useful than reverting to the stock firmware.

I think I have the .zip file for HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12
Ideally if someone else can confirm it is the correct one.

The upgrade .hdf file is dated 11/02/2014 and time 10:02 ... if that tells anything.
I'm still finding my way around the CF and hope to discover how diagnostics will help; so far I've examined the various log files. Interestingly, crash.log is still showing 26 instances, yet the PVR only recorded the first 25 minutes of last night's GBBO - presumably because of another freeze/auto-reboot. Recordings are being mirrored on the other PVR (manufacturer's 1.03.12) and this recorded the full 75 minutes. Looks like that's the right .zip file as I previously noted the following:
System Information:
Model Name HDR-FOX T2
Software Version FHTCP 1.03.12
Loader Version a7.30
System ID 80BC.7E00
Update Date 07 FEB 2014
MICOM Version 9.3

Back