Fox t2 hd signal breaking up

The signal strength is fine; obviously the wildly fluctuating quality isn't. Can you check that the cable from the aerial socket is not kinked and the connectors are firmly attached to the cable. Also the aerial cable should be well separated from the HDMI lead. Do you know if there is any form of amplification in the aerial cabling (eg a masthead amplifier or a signal booster)?
Forgot this bit, no amplifier or signal booster

Sod’s law when you start looking into something. Since it went fine an hour ago it has not gone wrong again.
ive now installed the fan package and set it to 40 so I will monitor it and see how things go. Thanks for all the advice so far. I think I will take the cover off tomorrow and give it a clean. Can’t remember how long I’ve had it but a good number of years, imagine it will be dusty.

Did you say when in first went wrong? When did you first notice this problem?
It's been going wrong for a long time, but only rarely. recently it's been doing it very frequently, until the last few weeks when it's been every time I've tried to use HD. It's not stayed good for an hour for months. I'm sure it went a lot worse after the latest bout of freeview channel changes, but could be coincidence.

It’s now been nearly two hours and still not gone wrong.
i was just going to check signal strength and quality.
in the settings menu, edit channels and installation are greyed out.
in the system menu, signal detection and data storage are greyed out.
never seen this before. So can’t now check signal strength. I’ve tried a few different channels and it’s the same for all.

in the settings menu, edit channels and installation are greyed out.
in the system menu, signal detection and data storage are greyed out.
never seen this before. So can’t now check signal strength. I’ve tried a few different channels and it’s the same for all.
It will be because there is a recording in progress or within 15 minutes of its scheduled start time; perfectly normal.

It will be because there is a recording in progress or within 15 minutes of its scheduled start time; perfectly normal.
Thanks for that, I wasn’t aware of that.

sadly the picture has started to break up again on hd
earlier EEphil asked me about bbc news channel and channel 55.
checking readings now, channel 35 breaking up and levels fluctuating badly
channel 55 is perfect, strength 57% signal 100%.

sadly the picture has started to break up again on hd
earlier EEphil asked me about bbc news channel and channel 55.
checking readings now, channel 35 breaking up and levels fluctuating badly
channel 55 is perfect, strength 57% signal 100%.
It sounds like something is causing interference on a specific channel. Have you looked at the external aerial cabling for evidence of kinks or water ingress. Could you temporarily separate the aerial and the HDMI cable?

It sounds like something is causing interference on a specific channel. Have you looked at the external aerial cabling for evidence of kinks or water ingress. Could you temporarily separate the aerial and the HDMI cable?
I can check the aerial tomorrow. If it was the aerial would it not cause problems on TV also? TV hd channels no problem.
i can run a different hd cable in tomorrow also, but where they connect to the tv is only separated from aerial by 6mm or so.

I can check the aerial tomorrow. If it was the aerial would it not cause problems on TV also?
I agree it is odd but we have seen some odd problems that have been traced to the aerial cable.
i can run a different hd cable in tomorrow also, but where they connect to the tv is only separated from aerial by 6mm or so.
I think that is what I would suggest concentrating on first.

I don't have a great deal of confidence that either check will fix your problem but I think you need to work through eliminating possibilities until you find the problem.

But it is a logical question if you are not aware of the nuances of tuner sensitivity and all the other things that can screw things up.
To say it is not a logical question is a bit (lot) disingenuous (or is it generally called 'rude'?) just because it is based on a misconception.
The optimum answer would have been to correct the misconception, not scorn the questioner for the misconception.

Update to the problem. When I turned my tv on this morning, some of the sd channels had the same problem. BBC1 and 2 were bad, almost non existent, ITV1 was fine. Powered the human down, waited a while, powered back on and all channels sd or had were fine.

Considering how the OP portrays himself...
The only way he seems to portray himself is as one who makes multiple posts when one would probably do with a bit of editing.
Thanks Mancav. ;)
When you say HD, will you please indicate which HD channels that you are referring to. The 'main' 5 HD channels are on a different multiplex (Mux) to the 'non main' channels and it would be good to see it there was any correlation to dodgy channels and Mux. The minor ones are on COM7 (RF CH 55) which is frequently lower power than BBCB which hosts the 'main 5' HD channels.

When the problem occurs, it is the main 5 channels that break up. BBC news etc on CH55 are fine With quality at 100%, signal about 69%. Today is the first time I have seen the problem on the sd channels.

Back