Foxsat-HDR - New/Updated Package Download

However, bbc4hd still does not appear in rs epg.
Web Interface, in WebIf Channel Lists is bbc4hd ticked against the list of channels that are pushed to the rs package?
Mine wasn’t. Ticked it and used the Push Now command at the top.

Web Interface, in WebIf Channel Lists is bbc4hd ticked against the list of channels that are pushed to the rs package?
Mine wasn’t. Ticked it and used the Push Now command at the top.
Mine was ticked but could not find this Push button. Found it now on webif/settings/rs plugin settings. Pushed it. bbc4hd now appears on rs epg.
Thank you

I am getting the 'no default authority' for Channel 4 +1 when I attempt schedule a recording. I believe I have the latest as I updated Channel Icons to v1.63 when it came out.

@TimK2015 I've just checked and only Channel 4+1 South & East was included. I'm adding the missing channels to the DefaultAuthority file. Could you please let me know what the frequency & ServiceID is for your version. You can find this in WebIf, "Satellite Info" and check details for Ch121 Columns 7 & 9?

Frequency is 10936 V and the service ID is 8314. I'm in South Yorkshire with an S62 postcode if that helps determine the region.

Thanks David. Two and a half of my three Foxsats done. The third one is recording the BTCC so its reboot will have to wait until that's done.

Edit @ 20:00 - all done now

Last edited:
Channel Icons v1.64 & Default Authority

Update your package list in the usual way for the package(s) listed in the "Package Management", "Upgrades" tab.

The Default Authority list has also been updated. Remember to reboot the Foxsat-HDR after updating your package list to pick up the updated Default Authority data.

We are aware that for channel 713 the channel name is not currently displayed correctly in the Web Interface and that the channel icon is not displayed. This has been investigated and there are no plans to resolve this issue at the current time.

Default Authority updated

Update your package list in the usual way for the package(s) listed in the "Package Management", "Upgrades" tab.

The Default Authority list has also been updated. Remember to reboot the Foxsat-HDR after updating your package list to pick up the updated Default Authority data.

The Online Repository is now available again to upload new and updated packages, so you can install package(s) by going to "WebIf", "Package Management", as you always have.

I've included links to the following if anyone needs to reinstall the CFW:
Custom Firmware v4.1.3
Full instructions on how to install everything are provided in the included ReadMe.txt

Nowster's Patch
It's a small firmware patch that once installed records HD programs without encryption. Any HD recordings existing before adding the patch will still be encrypted.
This isn't available via the Repository and has to be installed via an USB memory stick similar to when you installed the CFW. You can see the instructions for installing package(s) by USB stick by going to "WebIf", "Documentation", "Custom Firmware", "Installation", "Software Package Installation" in the current Documentation.

We still don't have access to the Remote Scheduling server so the Channel Icons can not be updated.
I deleted 'CFW' from the filename to get it recognised (Readme.txt doesn't say anything about it), but I still get the error 'bad address' when I try to refresh the package list from the internet.

@Dave W We've been on holiday. I've temporarily removed the link to the CFW. I will check this out and reenable when corrected.

As for "I still get the error 'bad address' when I try to refresh the package list from the internet" I've tried this and it works OK.
Was this the reason you tried to update/reinstall the CFW?
Can you please confirm the following from WebIf, Settings the latest should be:
Custom Firmware : v 4.1.3
Web Interface : v 2.91

Default Authority updated

Remember to reboot the Foxsat-HDR after updating your package list to pick up the updated Default Authority data.

Last edited:
@Dave W We've been on holiday. I've temporarily removed the link to the CFW. I will check this out and reenable when corrected.

As for "I still get the error 'bad address' when I try to refresh the package list from the internet" I've tried this and it works OK.
Was this the reason you tried to update/reinstall the CFW?
Can you please confirm the following from WebIf, Settings the latest should be:
Custom Firmware : v 4.1.3
Web Interface : v 2.91
Custom Firmware v 4.1.3 but Web Interface only v 2.89.
Tried clicking the upgrade tab in package management, but got the following response:
wget: bad address 'hpkg.tv'
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/Packages.gz.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.
Updating package meta information.

It's equally obvious you have a short memory (but I'm no better). Click the link in post 57.

I did not know that "Fix your network" is a link. I have now clicked it but I'm none the wiser, except that this is not a forum for Freesat. My Humax Foxsat HDR cannot connect to the Internet directly - all I can do is download stuff to my laptop and get it into the Humax via a memory stick. No need for you to trouble yourself further - I will not bleat any more here.

Back