Free (or cheap) software you really love

Sounds useful, then, worth having in the tool box. It will save me booting Linux to do those jobs.

VideoReDo TVSuite with H.264 is a very useful and cheap video editing package, I don't know why people mess around with free software.:)

$96 is not what I'd call cheap!! Admittedly compared to something like Adobe Premiere it is but cheap it ain't.

As for the original topic; LastPass, XMarks, Notepad++, FileZilla, FastStone Image Viewer.... :)

$96 is not what I'd call cheap!! Admittedly compared to something like Adobe Premiere it is but cheap it ain't.
You may not call it cheap, and are entitled to your opinion, but I am happy to agree to disagree with you.:disagree:

I don't call £56 cheap either, although I am willing to spend that much for a fit-and-forget solution. I don't think it qualifies in the context of this topic ("Free or cheap", not "cheap for what it does").

You may not call it cheap, and are entitled to your opinion, but I am happy to agree to disagree with you.:disagree:

Indeed, we all are :) It's on my want list as there's various stuff I want to crop, though most of them rips of my Poirot/other TV Blu-Rays as they have the whole intro colour bars/beeps etc on them and I really don't want to have to reencode the whole thing.

I think we should blame the OP for not defining "cheap" :frantic:

Umph! Take your pick. I presume BH takes the second definition:

cheap
tʃiːp/
adjective

1. 1.
    low in price, especially in relation to similar items or services.
    "local buses were reliable and cheap"
    synonyms: inexpensive, low-priced, low-price, low-cost, economical, economic,competitive, affordable, reasonable, reasonably priced, moderately priced, keenly priced, budget, economy, cheap and cheerful, bargain,cut-rate, cut-price, half-price, sale-price, sale, reduced, on special offer, marked down, discounted, discount, rock-bottom, giveaway;More
  2. 2.
    of little worth because achieved in a discreditable way requiring little effort.
    "her moment of cheap triumph"
    synonyms: despicable, contemptible, low, base, immoral, unscrupulous,unprincipled, unsavoury, distasteful, unpleasant, mean, shabby, sordid,vulgar, tawdry, low-minded, dishonourable, discreditable, ignoble,sorry, shameful; More

Yet another word we are forbidden to use in polite company?:disagree:

The Google suite is something I use daily: Chrome, Calendar, Keep, etc. And they all synchronize between all devices so easily: bookmarks, passwords, appointments, notes, etc.

Yes, I use Chrome and Calendar, though I use a 3rd party front end for the calendar on my Androids.
For notes I use Evernote (free), but for sync I pay for SugarSync which I don't think falls into the 'cheap' category any more.

Back