Freeview channel change day 2017

prpr

Big LCN reshuffle on Wed. 2nd Aug. after the recent Ofcom consultation:
Kids: 95-99,120-129 => 200-229
News: 130-149 => 230-249
Adult: 170-199 => 670-699
Text: 200-209 => 250-259
Streamed: 225-299 => 260-299

This frees up 95-99 and also 140-199 for more General Entertainment channels (i.e. more cr@p).
Presumably it also allows HD services to expand into the 120-139 range (for the time being).

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/04/freeview-channel-change-day-2017.html

Ta. LCN changes only? If so, they can be ignored if we like the current layout (and set to whatever we like via tunefix).

I never retune unless a channel I view changes MUX or there is a new channel I want to view.

I wonder if they picked the middle of the summer hols for this in order to 'minimise inconvenience to users'?
Gonna be some annoyed people returning from the sun a week or two later to find no Corrie, Beastenders, etc. :eek:

Gonna be some annoyed people returning from the sun a week or two later to find no Corrie, Beastenders, etc. :eek:
AS BH said in post #2, LCN changes can be ignored, (i.e. without any adverse consequences).
The schedule and recording mechanism don't use the LCN to action the events in the schedule. The LCN is just for the users' benefit when displaying events or manually editing the schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if they force a DSO event though, with all the annoyances that entails (except for customised Fox T2 users of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if they force a DSO event though, with all the annoyances that entails (except for customised Fox T2 users of course).
Try being a 2000T user. Every month, it seems, there is some channel or other on the march - some popping up, some changing muxes. I do get fed up with having to make a note of all the items in the recording schedule, and the time taken to re-enter them. :mad: A DSO event will be just as annoying.

But if you use Freeshat, the sd and hd channels are scattered in random order, too.

But my Freesat PVR has a useful Genre selector for the EPG although I mainly use that to show me the HD channels or the Radio stations.

And my Samsung freeview TVs have a handy facility for changing LCNs. So I have BBC1 HD on LCN 1 etc. Saves my Mrs from getting confused except when local news comes on suggesting change channels.

I use favourites - just seems less hassle than changing the LCNs.
However on the satellite box (a 1010S) when you go to the epg it defaults to all channels, so it always needs some extra button work to get to the favourites. How stupid is that?

Just like my TVs. Pain in the butt and my Mrs is always asking "what do those little hearts mean?".

LCN changes only?
It seems so, although the hassle was compounded by the addition of new services on the original LCNs (apart from where they were immediately re-used) presumably as info. slates to point people to the new LCNs (I didn't bother checking).
This results in a right old canine's evening meal...

The retune messed up favourites, channel number changes, deleted channels, etc, on every tv in the house. This is so annoying! The words forward and planning spring to mind, at least lack of them.

Back