FVP5000T Can't access itv, all4, ch5 catchup

No that is wrong. The FVP uses Open Source Gnu code: see page 40 of the user manual.
Then whatever factoid led me to believe that was totally and utterly wrong. It seems that I understood incorrectly. Apologies to anyone who took my idle ramblings a fact.:X3: (I would be gob smacked if anyone ever did:frantic:)

Afternoon all,

Update from Humax themselves, looks like they are aware of and looking into the Player issues ..... fair do's to them I will submit what's being asking for and see what comes of it .....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

There is ongoing issues with My5 and ITV HUB, some recent complaints have come through about the ALL4 app which I need some info to pass on regarding this app.

BBC Iplayer should be fine when was the last time you done a factory reset?

Can you confirm your serial number, software version and your internet provider please?

Best Regards,

Robert T
Humax Customer Support

Here you will find:
FAQ's & Product information
Live Chat function

26/05/2020 10:00 - Jim wrote:

Good morning,

I have recently purchased a FVP 5000T box an upgrade from my previous Fox-T2 unit, but are having issues with poor application performance including lockups, unresponsive remote button presses, slow loading… these seem to be mainly the following apps..

BBC iPlayer
ITV Player
Ch4 Player
Ch5 Player
Catchup TV services…

Netflix seems quite responsive and the general guide and playing of recordings or streaming from my NAS box adequate.

Note: I am connected via Ethernet to an ISP with 380dn/30up…

There are a lot or reports of sluggish behaviour from these units but only really when using the APPS…
Can you assist/is there a guide to known issues and troubleshooting steps, are these apps getting updating/checked with the OS software and is there a way of downloading logs off the box to look closer and maybe help support a drive to bettering the system as overall its better than my previous box just these issues are spoiling what should be an awesome product..

Thanks in advance and look forward to your reply ..

Just received my brand new FVP 5000 and NO Netflix. Box just locks up with black screen. I can get it to return after a while but then no menu just stays on channel. Only way back is power down. Surprisingly All catch up apps including Ch 5 and Ch4 are near instantaneous. Tried is a free times but it's going back tomorrow

Just received my brand new FVP 5000 and NO Netflix. Box just locks up with black screen. I can get it to return after a while but then no menu just stays on channel. Only way back is power down.
For the benefit of anyone else noticing this problem - I've seen it as well. I don't want to use Netflix but the rather large button is easy to hit by mistake. The box does lock up. If the Humax recovers some of the functionality is lost - changing channels being one of them. I can't remember for certain but either P+/P- doesn't work and direct channel entry does or vice-versa. Getting to some menu items can also be challenging. A power cycle is needed.

Last edited:
Had an unusual one with my 5000T today. Tried to access a programme from earlier today on iPlayer from the Guide’s EPG and though it showed as available, nothing happened, just a blank screen.

I then went into iPlayer via the “F” button, found the programme and it played OK.

What does the "F" button normally do?
The red "F" (FreeviewPlay) button gives access to a menu that has as options: TV Guide, Players, Top Picks, Recordings, Media, Settings (there are more convenient ways to access several of the options).

Had an unusual one with my 5000T today. Tried to access a programme from earlier today on iPlayer from the Guide’s EPG and though it showed as available, nothing happened, just a blank screen.

I then went into iPlayer via the “F” button, found the programme and it played OK.

OK, so none of the above chatter about the F button responds to the point I raised.

update from Humax Support...... still hopefull...

Hi Jim,

These issues will be resolved in due course and will update the units when we can to resolve them.

I am afraid we do not have the specs for these components to hand sadly as we are working from home right now.

Best Regards,

Robert T
Humax Customer Support

For further help please visit....
Here you will find:
FAQ's & Product information
Live Chat function

26/05/2020 10:00 - Jim wrote:
Afternoon Robert,

Fantastic for reaching back I was optimistic Humax are supporting.. anyway here is the information you requested. Note this box is brand new bought through amazon last week…. So I would be surprised/disappointed if im having to do factory resets this early in the game…
Note:
Netflix is responsive , and testing iPlayer it takes 13 secs to get to the ‘pick a profile’ screen…
ITV, CH4 and CH5 rest either just give me a black screen and lock up my remote i.e cant back out or crash when opened..
Again streaming to Ipads, Tv’s etc is good, navigating the epg initially a bit slow to pull up but once in not really an issue

Can you tell me specs of processor/apu/mem etc I cant seem to find this.

My box details:
Current system build:
1591389911499.png

Broadband Ethernet Speed as the box is connected the same…. Connect through Virgin

1591389911569.png
Thanks hope to hear back from you soon…..

I have two FVP-5000
Running UKTFAE 1.03.51
25 April 2019

Full factory reset.

Deleted all cookies.

When I launch ITV Hub it hangs at the cookie warning, and freezes the box requiring power off and on.

Help

Dr. Tom

When I launch ITV Hub it hangs at the cookie warning, and freezes the box requiring power off and on.
On my FVP, ITV Hub is very slow to get started (3 minutes to become responsive to key presses) but is usable after that. Have you tried clearing the cookies?

Is it me, or has BBC iPlayer now started getting slower to start-up?
Previously it was the only catch-up player that still worked fairly well on my 5000T. Now seems to be joining the ranks of itvhub, all4, and ch5 in terms of mediocre performance. Fortunately I can get iPlayer on my tv, which offers somewhat superior performance than the Humax box.

Does this solution (lifted from myhumax.org) "On myhumax.net deleted the device, that seems to have freed it up and got the policy screen showing so could progress past it.
Looks like the myhumax app/desktop site was the issue, there's a comment at the bottom of the policy which suggests I have to ring up to accept now to use the app, but will try re adding first. " Note it will only be relevant if you are indeed using the app or the desktop site.

Back