FVP5000T Can't access itv, all4, ch5 catchup

Black Hole , what a load of shit ....
Thank you, that tells me all I need to know about the quality of your opinions and personality, and therefore the likely quality of your posts. You clearly understand nothing about statistics or accurate reporting.

This is not a forum for shouting your mouth off without attracting learned debate, as others have found out. There would have been no harm in leaving the controversial part out, and admitting your error would have shown character. Say what you like; that won't make me wrong and you right.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

Last edited:
Really you know nothing about me you think your high and mighty flaming a newbie to make you feel good... as others have found out! what sort of statement is that again another poor excuse ooh look at me and how many posts I have done... admitting error.. the only error seems to have been wasting hours with this crap dialogue....

And regards statistics there the biggest lies you can tell, if you ever did statistics you'd know they can be so construed to suit whatever need you want....

Kindly find someone else to annoy and maybe me and other members can have a better dialogue than your two pennies worth ...

Jim

Looks like number 3 is coming to the tw@t list soon...
Ex-miltary ignorant illliterate, fallen into IT and a so-called expert. God help us.

Nice Prpr, another wasted thread comment...No content to help towards people’s Humax box problems, like I tried before it got off rails.

Update: Had to recycle the power to get steaming function to PC back Running again... will test how long this stays up for and try to timeline if caused by certain events ....

Jim

Another note having come from the Fox-T2 CF, I gave up with using the apps on both the Humax FW and CF as they were pretty unusable then. Having not owned any models in between except this new box were there any models that actually worked well app wise, or have they all been bad in this area?

Jim

Another note having come from the Fox-T2 CF, I gave up with using the apps on both the Humax FW and CF as they were pretty unusable then.
Which apps are you talking about?
Having not owned any models in between except this new box were there any models that actually worked well app wise, or have they all been bad in this area?
The Youview boxes HDR-T2000 have a range of players but I don't know how well they work; perhaps a user can comment.

Thanks MartinLiddel for reaching out ....

The apps in question are BBC iPlayer, ITV Catchup, Channel 4, Channel 5. These apps mainly are causing me black screens with unresponsive remote actions even trying to back out or in some cases load parts very slow and I wouldn't expect this on my connection - Ethernet to Virgin ISP 380dn/30up... again i gave up with these on the Portal and CF Portal on the T2, they either didn't work or painfully slow.....

I'm looking to draw up some sort of structured testing procedures and run through with results and see if anyone in the community wants to try emulating and comparing, perusing around these forums it doesn't look like the box is seeing much love from Humax, or from a custom firmware development point... I did love the T2 for this ...

I have submitted a support ticket this morning to Humax, but if what your saying is correct then its probably not going anywhere.... you never know ..

Cheers

Jim

perusing around these forums it doesn't look like the box is seeing much love from Humax, or from a custom firmware development point...
I am led to believe that the reason for that is that only the Foxsat and T2 were open source code. This enabled the superskilled code kiddies around here to fond hooks into which they could run their code alongside the standard firmware. However it is generally thought (presumably by the self same superskilled code kiddies that the code in the later boxes is locked up with no visible way in. So I don't think it's lack of love, more like 'we would love to love it, but we can't'.

perusing around these forums it doesn't look like the box is seeing much love from Humax
Not sure any box has seen much love from Humax. They seem to do the bare minimum to get a box out there to a price point (ie. low). I'd say the build quality of the case has got worse over the three boxes I have (9150T, 2000T & 5000T). There were problems with the 9150T that Humax knew about and never solved.
Humax seem to release models with code that isn't fully tested. User feedback gets some of the worst mistakes rectified, but Humax soon lose interest. I'm sure the 2000T and 5000T are overdue a firmware update but, chances are, no one is working on them.

The 2000T isn't hackable for the "superskilled code kiddies", but some of the functionality (allowing HiDef download to USB or streaming for example) is possible. The 5000T appears to be clamped down on even more. My conjecture is that Humax got grief from the anti-piracy bodies in the US and here because of the user hacks allowing HiDef downloads. They acted on this - coming up with the 2000T. No way in to find code hooks, but they allowed "Foxy" to work and preserved the easy to decode .hmt file- so HiDef still downloadable. Off-box decryption would be possible - if I could determine the key (I can't). More grief. 5000T isn't hackable either, the .hmt file has be replaced by a yet-to-be-decoded .hjm file and it is (almost) impossible to download HiDef.
So I don't think it's lack of love, more like 'we would love to love it, but we can't'.
There are many user gripes posted for the 4000T/5000T. Obviously many people don't even like the model. It's quirky to say the least. It mainly does what I want it to do - but then I don't use catchup!

The apps in question are BBC iPlayer, ITV Catchup, Channel 4, Channel 5. These apps mainly are causing me black screens with unresponsive remote actions even trying to back out or in some cases load parts very slow and I wouldn't expect this on my connection - Ethernet to Virgin ISP 380dn/30up...
My experience is that BBc iPlayer is slow but usable, ITV Hub was unusable for several months but recently it now loads very slowly and selecting the first programme is excruciatingly difficult but having played a few seconds then selecting other programmes works fine, All4 is similar to ITV Hub but about 50% of the time fails to load, Pretty unimpressive frankly.
I'm looking to draw up some sort of structured testing procedures and run through with results and see if anyone in the community wants to try emulating and comparing, perusing around these forums it doesn't look like the box is seeing much love from Humax, or from a custom firmware development point... I did love the T2 for this ...

I have submitted a support ticket this morning to Humax, but if what your saying is correct then its probably not going anywhere.... you never know ..
Good luck, you will get a response but I am not very optimistic it will represent progress but you don't get if you don't ask.

I suppose that if you want a half decent catchup, the best bet is to get a device that has been specifically designed for that purpose, rather that something where the catchup functions have been 'tacked on' as a '"Smart" selling point' for something else (the TV/Box).
My Firestick does me proud despite the slow old functions on mt 'smart' TV. (Other 'dongles' are available)

Great this is good.. going off the original question I know sorry probably needs moving to a ‘sticky’ thread ....

So from what your saying people have looked at the core kernel code and currently we haven’t got an exploit. We havent managed to get code to run instead of or alongside the current system. Does anyone know if anyone has spent time at hardware level looking at chip vulnerabilities, ... mem, apu power glitches etc ...

Going back in time I think I did have a 9150T before the T2 ... but if I recall it wasn’t smart it just sat there and did the function of a video recorder.....

Thanks Jim

Afternoon, MartinLiddle

I’ve submitted a request for the code through the email supplied... I’m gonna strip down my box and start to build a picture of the hardware used, at least inside my box. (Hardware Revisions aside)....

The first aim of this is to try to get to any sort of meaningful log files, maybe in the hope of troubleshooting the initial issue of poor app performance...

MartinLiddle

Forgot to mention in all the apps Netflix doesn’t seem to struggle and is quite quick, can you confirm same on your system?

Jim

The first aim of this is to try to get to any sort of meaningful log files, maybe in the hope of troubleshooting the initial issue of poor app performance...
Be aware that Humax don't (as far as I know) write the apps.
Forgot to mention in all the apps Netflix doesn’t seem to struggle and is quite quick, can you confirm same on your system?
Sorry never tried as I don't have a Netflix subscription; maybe someone else can confirm?

Back