FVP5000T Can't access itv, all4, ch5 catchup

Did a power off/on cycle of my 5000T this evening after reading elsewhere that people were getting players working again.
Players itvhub, all4, and even My5 now all seem to be out of lock-down, and after only limited testing on my part, seem to be back to normal functioning.
I hope this is the new normal for Humax catch-up players on 5000T. It has been a long time coming. Fingers crossed.

Switching a device off then back on again is the 'new normal' (and has been for years) for anything remotely to do with computers or electronics.
The posts often go along the lines of.
I have a problem with my xxxxx
Have you power cycled it?
Ah, that fixed it.

PS. It doesn't always work.

Have you power cycled it?
I think the official phrase is "have you turned it off and on again?". Unfortunately that lacks the nuance of whether the user might interpret it as meaning "standby".

I have a recurring problem with my satnav: speed traps I know are there sometimes show up and sometimes don't. Eventually I discovered a full reboot sorts it, but I have no idea why they drop off in the first place (and if I'm not in an area I know, how would I know they've dropped off?).

No. I suspect that a high proportion of people might interpret your 'official' phrase as switching it to S/B then back on, as it does not mention power. I.e. If I said to Mrs. Trev "Switch off the TV" she would press the big red button at the top left of the remote control. :rolling:
Having said that, I suspect even fewer people would react to "Power cycle", other than to ask what it meant.
Although, obviously not 100% self explanatory, at least 'Power cycle' includes the 'critical' word 'power'.:D
And the most suggested definition for 'power cycle' seems to be 'turn it off and back on again' Back to my Square One.:frantic:

Having been in the trade, I am well aware of the "have you tried turning it off and on again" cure all. It is occassionally needed on Humax 5000T when it gets confused and locks up. That is not the issue here, so please do not go off on a tangent.

I did a power cycle for a reason, to see if it completed an unannounced firmware update. It worked. I now have new Humax firmware dated June 2020 installed. That seems to fix the catch-up player problems I stated in my original post.

I hope this firmware update also comes to others that have come here seeking a fix to this longstanding problem.

Update today from Humax:

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

I apologise for the late reply to your email.

We are currently experiencing a few issues with the on demand section of our units. There is a software planned to be released in the upcoming weeks to fix these issues. Please keep an eye out for that software update to see if that fixes your issues and if not please get back in contact with us so that we can help you.

Best Regards,

Iuri S
Humax Customer Support

No sign of a software update on my box. "Check new software" returns with no new software. There isn't an update on the Humax website either.

a
No sign of a software update on my box. "Check new software" returns with no new software. There isn't an update on the Humax website either.

A post on another forum states Humax states the current phased update should hit all boxes by later this week. However some posts that have the new software say it has completely broken on demand services.

a

A post on another forum states Humax states the current phased update should hit all boxes by later this week. However some posts that have the new software say it has completely broken on demand services.
My experience of the new software (052) is that it has brought the on demand services back to life, including My5.

In theory the update is there but, after three failed attempts to download it, I'm giving up. If it doesn't turn up on the website I'm stuffed.

In theory the update is there but, after three failed attempts to download it, I'm giving up. If it doesn't turn up on the website I'm stuffed.

It came up on a search. It started to install. The box shut down and would not respond to the remote. I pulled the power and restored it. It came back up with the installing screen. This was then OK and the install completed. After the box rebooting all the on demand services were working.

I've had the message pop up on the box saying download failed (or something similar). Not helped by my flakey internet connection which has dropped out multiple times. One time I walked away and let the Humax get on with it. I thought it had worked. Powered the box down and rebooted. Damn thing still showing V51.

When I got it, I just did a power off/on reset and it just appeared. I didn't think to watch the screen to see what happened as it did it.

This update is weird. We have 2 5000Ts. The one downstairs updated to .52 a couple of weeks ago totally automatically and yet the upstairs one still can't find the update either by power off or search.

I guess we'll have to wait for it to appear on the website/

Back