Good TV

OK, so it's not TV: The Missing Hancocks, Radio 4, 11.30 Fridays.

Out of 20 episodes of Hancock's Half Hour for which there are no known surviving recordings, five have been selected and re-recorded.

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin is coming up on Yesterday, I have the first series recorded already and I am still waiting for the second series to turn up.
I never realised there are actually three series, with seven episodes each... and my previous series recording was only six!

Last edited:
The second series starts next Saturday, but apparently after only six episodes of series 1. Episode 2 was left out (last Saturday), and last time I recorded the series episode 7 never turned up - so this re-run plus the last re-run will complete series 1!

*yawn* Never got RP, couldn't even crack my face - 'spose it's like swimming for you BH. :)

It's just finished but Mackenzie Crook's Detectorists was wonderful telly. I'm really pleased it's been recommissioned.

Posh People: Tatler, etc

Watch it if you want to feel superior to the Tatlerazzi. A gem from last night: this group of nobodies, who believe in their genetic superiority, are well into cosmetic surgery in their teens, to, err, correct their genetic faults?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit on the tame side, one exploding balloon failed and went without comment, and the office block Tetris was not what one would call a resounding success!

Back