Good TV

D

Deleted member 473

That's what it's all about, after all.

Seen anything good lately?

Holy Zarquon, that will be a can of worms! One man's meat is another man's fish poisson poison.

Given the furore that surrounded and pulverised "cheap" I think you should define "lately"
pokefun.gif

(Orphan Black)

Now't much good on lately anyway (apart from repeats on BBC4), there's so much football and tennis. I am enjoying the re-runs of Foyle's War though, I didn't see them first time around.

Foyle was an excellent series. Michael Kitchen is one of our favourite actors.

Given the furore that surrounded and pulverised "cheap" I think you should define "lately"
pokefun.gif

Gulp!

lately
ˈleɪtli/
adverb
  1. recently; not long ago.
    "she hasn't been looking too well lately"
    synonyms: recently, of late, latterly, in the past few days, in the last couple of weeks,in recent times;
    newly, freshly, not long ago
    "divorced people have had a bad press lately"
As in the lately MikeSh...:mad:

As in the lately MikeSh...:mad:

:p I was thinking more in terms of putting an actual number on it - 7 days, 2 months, whatever.
Recently in geological terms would include the Coronation, not that I saw it myself.

With BH and co around you really need to bolt things down :)

Foyle was an excellent series. Michael Kitchen is one of our favourite actors.

Yes and yes. We watched all those first time round.
Unbelievable when they tried to cancel it. Hopefully some more in the pipe yet.

at least I understand the word 'cheap'.

Cheap compared with what? With a more expensive but inferior object? Producing something may be cheap, but selling it might make it expensive to buy.

That's rich, when you started the topic in the first place. Surely you meant, by "free (or cheap)": so inexpensive as to be uninhibited by cost (which, incidentally, most iOS apps are - the real decision being whether you want to use up memory space on them).

Where does iOS come into it? This is about TV programmes, not cheap iOS apps! Are you implying that iOS devices are more expensive but inferior? Wrong thread!
phpieXkds.gif

Montalbano has been enjoyable, though lately it has become too obsessed with his love life. Some of the first series are being repeated on BBC4, starting today.

I thought the series Tigers about the House was intriguingly delightful, not something I would have thought of watching, but it was interesting to see how tame the Australian zoo had made the tigers, give or take a few scratches.

'Friday Night Dinner' is another favourite, and is back for its third series.

With reference to another thread. What is Good TV? We have now established that good for one is not necessarily good for another. But we knew that anyway, didn't we?

Probably not ELO.

Slipped that one in eh? Nearly missed it.
In my opinion, it was up there as one of the best/professional concerts shown on TV. Compare that to the recent Status Quo jobby, which was dull and showed that some ageing rockers don't know when to quit. ( I am a fan cos they're a jolly lot.)

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin is coming up on Yesterday, I have the first series recorded already and I am still waiting for the second series to turn up.

Back