Guidance Text

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Don't you find it annoying that the guidance text always seems to be repeated in the synopsis text? Are the synopsis text authors just plain stupid, or do they believe some people will not see the guidance text field? Is it that some equipment ignores the guidance text?

It seems obvious to me: if the guidance text is not universally supported, don't use it. If the guidance text is universally supported, don't put guidance text in the synopsis!

Don't you find it annoying that the guidance text always seems to be repeated in the synopsis text?
Yes.
Sometimes the guidance flag seems to be on completely innocuous programmes too, often then with no guidance text. Or even, guidance text but no flag.

What annoys me is when they don't give truthful and honest guidance on all those programmes which should be marked as "Bland and boring".

Daily Mail on a Saturday gives you a TV guide (and the DM) for £1. You can always do whatever you want with the newspaper if you are of a left leaning disposition.

The Radio Times website is free and no waste paper at the end :)

I have even seen guidance icons on kids programmes!

Daily Mail on a Saturday gives you a TV guide (and the DM) for £1. You can always do whatever you want with the newspaper if you are of a left leaning disposition.
There is only one thing I would want to do with the Daily Mail but it plays havoc with my piles, Andrex is a better read anyway.

We get that as well. For the TV guide - and the puzzle page. You can safely say the political stance of the DM and me don't correlate.

Back