Has 1.02.27 Taken Over???

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Keeps demanding a retune now! Anything I can do about that (other than give it a retune)?

Holy sh*t!!!

I just started looking at doing a retune to kill this off, starting with a schedule backup via the WebIF (custom software). Except the WebIF showed no schedule to back up. I though it was a malfunction, so I went Guide >> Yellow... no schedule! Thank heavens for the automated daily backup.

So what can cause the schedule to evaporate? A retune. Check tuned channels.... 1: BBC 1 Wales??? ITV1 Wales on 800? WTF?

It looks very much to me like the Hummy has acquired the ability to force a retune whether you like it or not. Possibly it puts a warning up on screen, but my HDR sits turned on all night as a media server and the screen isn't being looked at (isn't even on).

Fortunately the auto-backup taken about 2 last night was pre-retune, so contains anything I might have tweaked yesterday. I now have to do a manual tune to get single-region West, and reinstall the schedule (again).

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Perhaps this is something "we" can kill off, like the OTA check.

Thanks for the heads up BH, but when I upgraded, my schedule stayed as was, no re-tune, but am having to do one tomorrow as London goes fully DSO, so will be utilisling WebIf's marvelous back-up and re-install feature!:)

Perhaps this is something "we" can kill off, like the OTA check.
Something like "update TBL_USERCONFIG set itemValue=0 WHERE itemName='ASO_NOTIFY_FLAG';" followed by a reboot should stop the retune nag box without a retune (until next time).

Later... SQL corrected above but that still doesn't work, the ASO_LAST_SCAN_TIME has also to be updated. Since I have now done a rescan, can someone confirm that this works?

Later still, it is continuing to produce the nag box even though I accepted its offer to do a pointless rescan. :sigh:

Will the backed-up schedule be any use following a major digital switch-over retune? Channels may move around a bit, so unless the schedule info is more comprehensive than looking at a particular channel, things may get mixed up? Or is the whole think more invovled than a simple look-up?

Well, I too had an auto re-tune when i powered up the box this morning, after London went through the last DSO event today!

I had luckily had done a back-up of the schedule last night, aNd therefore restored the schedule, but once again the favourite channel list didn't restore, even though had renamed it after the last time as it had an apostrophe in place, but still no joy.

My box now keeps saying I need to re-tune as I will loose all channels! I have already done it!:confused:

, but once again the favourite channel list didn't restore, even though had renamed it after the last time as it had an apostrophe in place, but still no joy.

Sorry, I'll look at that again, I did get as far as confirming that the apostrophe would be ok...

Sorry, I'll look at that again, I did get as far as confirming that the apostrophe would be ok...

No worries AF, more worried it will keep auto re-tuning (as it did this morning), when powering up. So far it looks to have only happened to BH and myself, wonder if anyone else has had it happen after upgrading?

After going through a DSO event in the South West a few years ago, my Panny now keeps asking me to re-tune as it has found new channels, even though there are none (I can turn that feature off, but then the BBC red button doesn't work until that message has appeared and been cancelled), and hoping the Hummy doesn't do the same now it has gone through DSO here in London as well. Oh the joys of digital switch over!

Even with your database tweak? Unless we can do something about this I think we might have found the Achilles Heel and we'll all be back on 1.02.20 soon. At least my HD-FOX doesn't nag about a retune (it has no aerial), so I can keep the 4GB cure - except I never use it like that now!

However, if a significant number (but not all) of us reject 1.02.27, af will be maintaining two forks of the CF.

I remember posting something about this after our DSO. Try a power-off (back switch) restart after retuning. I think that's what did it for me.

Ouch.. that's bad. I see someone has asked Barry over at myhumax.org so let's see what he can find out. If it's happened to two people then it's likely to happen to more!

I just tracked down my previous post (on DS). After being prompted to rescan 3 times, I eventually did a reboot immediately after the scan and the message did not return. That was on 1.02.20, of course, but the problem does not seem to be new to 1.02.27 - there were lots of posts during the last round of DSOs. Worth a try.

I went through DSO today. I'm on 1.02.20. When the retune message came I did retune. That wipes out the schedule. It also put a DSO event for 11am today in case not receiving all channels. After that I restored my schedule and that also reinstated the DSO event at 00.00am on 18 April. This prompts the Humax to give the retune message again. And round again we go. Could it be this?

I went through DSO today. I'm on 1.02.20. When the retune message came I did retune. That wipes out the schedule. It also put a DSO event for 11am today in case not receiving all channels. After that I restored my schedule and that also reinstated the DSO event at 00.00am on 18 April. This prompts the Humax to give the retune message again. And round again we go. Could it be this?
Yes, quite possibly - removing the DSO event from the schedule by hand might solve it. The schedule restore should skip DSO events if it doesn't already.

I will be much happier with 1.02.27 + CF if we can have a DSO defeat the same as the OTA defeat.

I just tracked down my previous post (on DS). After being prompted to rescan 3 times, I eventually did a reboot immediately after the scan and the message did not return. That was on 1.02.20, of course, but the problem does not seem to be new to 1.02.27 - there were lots of posts during the last round of DSOs. Worth a try.

Hi Fenlander, tried that, but no still the message appears!

Hi Mihaid, I don't get any DSO events in the schedule anymore, but still get the message! Not sure if it due to the fact not all transmitters have been finished according to ukfree.tv, so may disappear later today?

While its fun to play with the software I believe this issue is more serious. It is about companies taking remote
control of equipment you purchased and maybe have in your own home - and perhaps like myself - need
to configure for the use of dissabled or otherwise technically illetrate (sic) people to use.

You could ALL contact humax and advise them that you consider them changing YOUR equipments operation without
your specific approval is unacceptable.

This is an industry trend I'm starting to take more and more seriously as time goes on.
But everyone needs to complain before anyone would take notice because they seem to think they have some sort of right to do this.
Dumb acceptance will make it "common practice"

Trust me when I say you dont want what this is leading to.

Back