Closed Poll Have you had problems recording the new HD channels?

Problems recording the new HD channels: which transmitter? Reply if not listed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HDR FOX T2 Heathfield Sussex TX
BBC3 HD, Family Guy & American Dad (4 progs) last night recorded correctly.

@Will42: according to to the ukfreetv website (I know it is not an official website): http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=IJ287750 Divis is now transmitting the com7 multiplex (BBC Four HD etc.) on channel 33. It is low power though so reception may not be good in all areas
www.digitaluk.co.uk is showing it as being transmitted and what is the more likely power of 10.5 kiloWatts compared to ukfreetv's 4.4 kiloWatt. Still low power either way.
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/BT17+0NG/NA/0/NA

Lark Stoke - Family Guy and American Dad series reservation

HDR FOX T2 - All recorded
HD FOX T2 - None recorded.

Not surprised the problem is proving hard to identify, it's seriously weird. Your transmitter appears to have an influence, your box type also does.

At least since the HDR FOX T2 did start working on BBC 3 HD the results have at least been consistant. HDR FOX T2 100% success, HD FOX T2 0% success.

Not surprised the problem is proving hard to identify, it's seriously weird.
I've now got Sudbury on 2 boxes which always records CBBC HD OK, but always have zero nts for BBC3 HD.
And on another box I have Sudbury which after a retune a few days ago now always records both those channels OK.
Sandy Heath also behaving after a retune.

I've also got Crystal Palace on 1 box which always records CBBC HD OK, but always has zero nts for BBC3 HD.
And for this one a retune has made no difference - all the BBC3 HD are still failing with the <30sec error.

HDR FOX-T2 S/W 1.02.32 Heathfield Sussex TX
All 3 recordings on BBC3 HD last night were fine, that's 100% over the last 3 days.
I'll continue with the test recoedings, but only post in the event of failed recordings.

I can watch BBC3 HD on Freeview channel 105 from the Hannington transmitter - reception is fine - but if I record it, I get a zero-length recording. However, logging in to the Hummy from my PC, I can see that the file size is correct (e.g. 5.56 Gb for a movie) - so it has actually recorded, it just doesn't know it!

My BBC THREE HD and BBC FOUR HD recordings from Winter Hill have all been successful for more than a week, I wonder if the BBC have made some changes.

Back