Closed Poll Have you had problems recording the new HD channels?

Problems recording the new HD channels: which transmitter? Reply if not listed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MontysEvilTwin

When recording one of the new HD channels, have you had the zero length problem that is being discussed in the thread below?
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/failed-recording-of-new-bbc-four-hd-channel.4309/
If so please select your transmitter from the list above. Those listed are the ones with the new 'com7' multiplex, transmitting BBC Four HD, amongst other channels. If you have had this problem and are on a different transmitter (recording BBC Three HD, for example, on the BBC B multiplex) please select the 'Other transmitter' option and reply to the thread to let us know which transmitter.

Other transmitters:
Sutton Coldfield (-1)
Hannington (1), Heathfield (1), Hemel Hempstead (1), Lark Stoke (1), Oxford (1), Rosemarkie (1),
Sudbury (1), Waltham (1)

Sandy Hill should be Sandy Heath.
Thanks for pointing this out. I used to live in Cambridge, and used the Sandy Heath transmitter: doh!

Mods: can you correct to Sandy Heath please? I don't seem to be able to edit this field.

I guess you had Hill on the brain after Black and Winter, and a 3rd thing starting with H was just too much :)

It will be limited by the configuration options of the forum software rather than the software itself. I'm not sure the mods can do anything about that, it probably requires an admin to go into the forum options.

Lovely, thanks. I was also going to add an 'other transmitter' voting option but ran out of fields. Is it possible to add more options or is this limited to 10 by the software?
It was limited to 10, but I have just changed it to 15.

Brian, could you remove the vote against Sutton Coldfield Transmitter, I inadvertently logged a problem against it. I have never had a problem recording any of the new HD channels on BBC-B or COM7 from Sutton Coldfield (Famous last words) :)

Is it possible to have an option for people to tick is they have had 100% successful recordings for the offending channels on a given transmitter.
Zero failures does not mean that transmitter is OK, it could just mean that nobody has tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brian, could you remove the vote against Sutton Coldfield Transmitter, I inadvertently logged a problem against it. I have never had a problem recording any of the new HD channels from BBC-B or COM7 from Sutton Coldfield (Famous last words) :)
I'm sorry Ezra, I can't remove a vote.

Is it possible to have an option for people to tick is they have had 100% successful recordings for the offending channels on a given transmitter.
Zero failures does not mean that transmitter is OK, it could just mean that nobody has tried.
I think that you would need a new poll for that.

I think that you would need a new poll for that.
OK thanks, perhaps we should see what the existing pole brings. If we find an obviously well used region with no failures (ignoring esra's erroneous input) we might then have to enquire further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heathfield Sussex transmitter, 100% failed recordings BBC3 HD from mid Dec. Failed recording (0 mins).
HDR Fox T2

You then have to adjust the results by the number of actual new HD programmes recorded, since obviously the results will be skewed by the "population" that is available to watch each transmitter station. You need catchment populations of the transmitters to give a proxy :) e.g. if many more Humax box owners live in London served by Crystal Palace or indeed preferred to watch BBC Four HD in the country that would skew the results.....

Ideally you would recruit similar numbers of test subjects for each transmitter, in large enough number to be statistically significant and you would then give each subject a schedule of recordings to carry out to provide the results for statistical analysis.
A poll such as this one may, with a bit of luck, pick up a crude trend. That is all it is ever going to do. Some of the listed 'com7' transmitters cover much smaller populations than others, and there may be very few members of this forum using some of them. These members may not even have tried to record from one of the new HD channels. Transmitters with large populations, e.g. Crystal Palace and Winter Hill, would be expected to have more incidences of recording failure reported than some of the others. My local transmitter, Sutton Coldfield, interests me as I have heard of no reported failures from here, to date, and this is a high power transmitter covering a large population.

Back