HD Picture Breakup

Apparently, and quite surprisingly in this community, I was the first to make a snide comment on the thread title ("Brake up", the stop handle in a higher position, vs "Break up", the picture going to pieces).

Also, see here.

OK. Ill not take the pee out of the title, but at least you have now eliminated the possibility of HDMI brakethrough.

If it does help at all. I had suddenly lost all the HD channels and did various things to the aerial trying to recover to no avail. Once I unplugged a HDD adaptor the channels came straight back. The focker was interfering and had only been brought into use recently. The weird thing was that it was affecting the other machine upstairs as well.

If it does help at all. I had suddenly lost all the HD channels and did various things to the aerial trying to recover to no avail. Once I unplugged a HDD adaptor the channels came straight back. The focker was interfering and had only been brought into use recently. The weird thing was that it was affecting the other machine upstairs as well.
Was this an HdFox or HDR Fox

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I have had the same problem for months. I suppose it's the transmitters. Some policy to save the whales sending weaker signals. HD recordings are far stabler than watching live, just for your information. Record HD, watch SD. Not a real solution though, just a bit helpful.

No, it's not the transmitters or even anything to do with whales. There is no earthly reason why a recording would be more stable than live TV unless there is a difference in tuner sensitivity or something wrong with your setup.

So what? That is not Andybrody's problem.
Never got to the bottom of this prob I just use Non Hd channels. Picture does sometimes break up but only for a very short (1-2 mins) time.
I think its a terminl tuner fault but will wait till it dies completetly then will source a second hand HD or HDR.

How will you do that? I would suggest opening it up and remove the cables from the HDD.

Back